weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weekend...

so, the weekend is over...i was a little disappointed in myself when i woke up today, i went over my limit last night. I had intended to have 1 with 2 being my limit, but I went out to a concert and ended up having 2 and a half. I drank it over about 4 and a half hours with a couple of club sodas thrown in between. I know, it's not over by much, but, it was over. so, at first, i was kind of let down.

however, i decided to look at the WHOLE weekend instead.
    I normally would have had 3 or 4 drinks fri, sat and sun, but this weekend, i had only 2 friday, 2 saturday and 2.5 on sunday.
    so, overall i guess I shouldn't be disappointed. oh, and if i add thursday night to that, it sounds even better cause i went AF.
    so, that's my pep talk to myself.

anyway, my brain still wants to fool around with me and convince me that i can't go from 2.5 to 0 without major withdrawals. i know it is just my ocd and i'm trying to keep reading the previous posts so that i can do an AF day again this week.

in the meantime, my limit will be one, with the option of a half if i WANT it.

xoxo

weekend...

How do you drink half a drink?????

Comment

weekend...

with alot of willpower

Comment

weekend...

spedteach;799445 wrote: How do you drink half a drink?????
        Letgo,

Don't beat yourself up. You did well as you drank less than you normally would have so that's what it's all about.

Spedteach,

To answer your question - there have been many times when I've had 1 1/2. I don't want to have 2 but want just a little more than 1 so I'll top my glass off when it's half empty and call that 1 1/2 and then I quit.

For people who aren't hard core alcoholics, they don't have a tolerance built up where they have to have numerous drinks to "feel" it. Quite honestly, I've noticed when dining out that I can get a nice little buzz on 1/2 glass of wine. Now, would I drink only half of it and leave the rest? With the price I paid for it, probably not. But if I were having it at home or someone else's house and had them fill just 1/2 glass so I could partake in the drinking but just ever so slightly...I could do that.

So, IMHO that's how a person can have half a glass. Then you're drinking like everyone else at the party is - but then you switch to a non-al after your half a glass and nobody notices but you.

:l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

weekend...

so...i was rather proud of myself for just having one beer last night. I sortof wanted a half a glass of wine, but got a pellegrino instead and decided to give it another 15 mins to see if i still wanted it. i passed on it.

tonight, i'm considering AF. I know I will really want to have a glass of wine though. my hubby is out of town and my sister is in town for the night. why this makes me want to have a glass of wine, I don't really know. She doesn't even drink!!! LOL So, it would be a good night to not have a drink. She likes to stay up late too. I can't stay up very late at all, especially if I have a drink!
          So, we'll see what happens when the witching hour gets here. At least I know i can just have ONE if I want to. sometimes that takes the pressure off just enough and actually helps me to not have any! does that make sense?

eve---i'm glad you're around....

Comment

weekend...

letgolaughing;799905 wrote: eve---i'm glad you're around....
            Thanks Lego!!

We're so fortunate here because we have so many good folks to help each other - all with different stories yet the same struggle that keeps us all connected.

Good for you to wait the desire out the 15 min to find that the urge had passed. That's one of the things I discovered when I was doing research on this drinking problem we all share and it's so true. If you can just wait it out - "maybe in 15 I'll have one...or I'll have another"... and so often the urge passes and we choose in the end to not have that drink!!

I know what your saying about your sister. Sometimes that part drives me crazy when I'm with a non-drinker and I choose to have a glass of wine anyway. There I am - with company not making it tempting for me and I still go ahead and do it!! Don't have the answer for that one...I guess it's just because I'm in a frame of mind that I just want to relax and have one...and so I do. Just as long as I can keep it to one in that setting then I don't feel bad. Don't think I'd want two with someone not drinking.

Well, another AF night for me. Tomorrow will be my challenge. A jewelry party where the hostess has the booze flowing and fabulous food. So tempting and in the old days I drank 2-3 in a setting like that.
            I'd really like to not
            drink any but may allow myself one. We'll see but I'll come here for support to stay strong.

Hugs,
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

weekend...

Eve
              a jewelry party setting would totally be a 2-3 drink setting for me as well. right now, i don't think i'd have the willpower to not have any, so at this point for me, i probably just wouldn't go. but YOU can do it. You've got loads of practice under your belt. Go early and don't stay late.

My sister comes to visit often and I usually do drink around her. However, I drink WAY less than I would around a drinker(even a moderate one). It was actually pretty easy to not drink last night, but the night before, I did have one beer with her here. So...anyway, usually i would have had at least 2, so YAY!

So, I've done 2 AF days in less than a week. I never thought i would do it because of my fear of withdrawal. next hurdle...NOW, I've got to get to 2 days in a row. my fear is still there on that one. DANGIT

I will try that one next week when my hubby is in town. in the meantime, i need to keep the quantity to a minimum so I don't screw up what i've already accomplished.

xoxo

Comment

Working...
              X