Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a difficult situation

I?m in a bit of a problem.

I?m on a major binge and having to drink to stop myself from fitting. I?m trying to taper down but instead of drinking a beer an hour I am drinking 3, this isn?t helping. I?m in a new country and have no doctor so cannot ask for help there.

I really need to cut down but I also need to consume alcohol to prevent fits, this isn?t a great time.

I know that this is a repeated promise but if I get through this then that?s it for me, I?m about to lose my girlfriend and possibly my life. I?m trying to take vitamins and hydrate but also ordering 48 beers ? its not a situation I have strived for. I am ashamed. I know that I need to cut down but this morning I couldn?t even sit down without shaking and begging my girlfriend to buy me more beer, I?m in a fair bit of a state.

I?ve just got some food (I haven?t been eating very well) and just trying my hardest, but I?m struggling.

Can you try setting a timer and putting the amount to cut back to in an organize manner so it's set out and planned out?
    You need to give yourself something to do while you are not having your beer. You can journal here, you could walk slowly outside... also even though you don't have a Dr aren't there hospitals you could go to? This is a lot of pressure for your girlfriend to be dealing with, if something happens to you she will feel responsible. Write out a plan and do it here also so that others can help you...

Comment

International: Befrienders Worldwide

Please seek professional care if you are experiencing alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Here is some additional information:

InteliHealth:
      Specific Medical Treatment for Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
      Alcohol withdrawal: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Comment

Thank you, I just need to try and cut down and taper off to reduce the risks, its just so difficult.

Comment

I would suggest to just keep coming back here for support and encouragement. You also may find some useful information in the medication section of this community. There are many anti-craving medications (that frankly have saved my life).

Another thing I have done is received Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Re-frame, Re-think, Re-focus; Emphasis is not just to stop drinking but to be a whole healthy human being!)

I thought I was hopeless and I felt very desperate. I have been sober for a few months now, and could not have imagined it happening. I was so lost.

I hope you keep coming back and you get to know some of the wonderful, supportive people here.
          The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

Hi there amashed.
            It sounds as if it will be very dangerous for you to either cut down too much or stop entirely at the moment,
            Please can you give someone a call. There are many orgs in the UK that should be able to help you.
            Heres one
            Concerned about alcohol | Alcohol Concern
            There is a number there for you to call.
            Stay in touch wont you?
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm down to 1 beer every 2 hours and drinking isotonic drinks trying to rehyrate.

going to eat somthing too, just soo difficult.

Comment

Well done amashed, I know its hard, just make sure you look after yourself as best you can, and if you are in any doubt at all, please seek help OK?
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi amashed,

This may be a help if you're new to England.

Find NHS services in your area

J x
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've just eaten something and drinking very little (apart from health drinks) I think I can taper off this.

I hope.

Comment

and thank you all but I am no longer in the UK.

Comment

How are you going there Amashed?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Oh how difficult is sleeping? I'm due for a good 12 hours and wonder how I can get 3 without getting drunk again.....argh!

Comment

Hi amashed

You can do it, perhaps putting on a good film and just laying still, sipping your (non alcoholic) drink might be an idea. Good on you for eating, that really helps. It's easy for your head to get very messy and allow sleep to elude you when coming out of a bender. Rest is almost as good as a sleep, so just let your body relax a bit and hopefully your head will soon follow.

If you do feel that you may be on the verge of fitting I reckon it might be a good idea to ask your GF to seek some medical assistance for you. Net search or phone directory for any medical help options within your current area.

I'm sure many of us have been there and appreciate the difficulties you are facing. Best of luck with pulling out of this.

Comment

Hi Amashed

Been there a few times I am afraid to say. The only way I know out of it, is to do what it sounds like you are doing- drink a beer when you feel the anxiety and shakes starting, then time yourself before you feel you need another. Hopefully by now you should be managing 4 or 5 hours in between drinks? Eventually you will get it to 8 or 9 hours, then hopefully get a good sleep in and be OK.

I do empathise - it is such a bad state to be in, just remembering how bad it feels does now deter me if my addicted brain tells me it is a good idea to go for a few beers.

Comment

Working...
                              X