Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question regarding moderation

Hi,
    I'm on my last week of abstinence (per the 30 day recommendation).

I'm curious how you all adopted a plan for moderation. Did you define what moderation meant to yourself?

Did you limit days per week, # of drinks per week, or month?

I'm glad I've broken my nightly habit of 3-4 glasses of wine and I don't want to go back.

But, I THINK I would enjoy 1 glass every few days.

Not sure how to introduce it back into my life, though.

Any advice would be appreciated

Mary

Hello MaryM:welcome:

Moderation is a personal choice without question. You have to decide what will fit into your life and what your limits are.

There's a drink counter under tools if you'd like to keep track. That way you can see what your patterns are and adjust accordingly. It's very easy to slip back into old patterns so you will have to be diligent in keeping track somehow, that includes measuring the drinks you do have.

Congratulations on your 30 days of abstinence!
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

abstinense

did I spell that right??!!

Anyway, congrats on 30m days, I am aiming for that starting tomorrow, thought today but something came up, hubby heart attack, yeah, drank alot this weekend!

It is all "to each his own" here which I like alot, not all or nothing like AA...............tried that for years and felt like a failure, cuz I just couldn't make it past 30 days, had 9 months at one point but was MISERABLE!!!

Good job,

Lots of hugs and kisses here:l

Mary Anne

Comment

Wow, well done! Can't imagine three days at this stage. Still waiting for my MYO program and Topamax to arrive - oh and of course my speaker pillow for those long nights of listening to the CD!
        Amazing!!! Let us know how you are doing from here on!

Comment

Working...
        X