Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back To Fitness

Hello everyone.

I'm up to day 36 today and I'm really trying to get myself back up to full fitness.
    I'm in pretty good physical shape but can't seem to get my energy levels up to anywhere near where they should be.
    I wake up tired, fall asleep on the sofa, struggle with work...I know I sound soft.
    I almost feel like apologising for not having the major league problems that so many on here do. But I really could do with some advice for some decent things to eat and supplements to take to help me out.

Cheers
    Keep on keeping on!

Back To Fitness

Fitness and Food

Fantasy,
    There is a ton on information on the web containing your answers, but your question is pretty broad. Two web sites I think are good are Calorie Counters (which embraces all kinds of weight reduction and fitness plans), and Spark People, which seems to be better if you want a more prescribed healthy living formula. Fitness seeems easiest for me: all you need to do is get moving, and there are lots of choices to do that, but you say you lack energy. You may want and need supplements available on this site, especially if your history includes long-term alcohol abuse, read through the Holistic Healing section for that. My favorite book about better eating is In Defence of Food by Michael Pollan, which emphasizes how our bodies more readily absorb nutrients from real food, not supplements. I believe you will feel more energetic once your body has better fuel.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Back To Fitness

Hi Haircut,

I'm only a short way into this too but my energy levels are pretty good.

I hear a lot of people have carb cravings when coming off AL. Are you eating too many carbs?

I tend to opt for more protein - carbs have always made be sluggish.

And don't forget breakfast. I missed brekky this morning, went for a training session then ended up sleeping for two hours. I think my fuel tank was empty and I just crashed.

Don't give yourself too much grief about being sluggish at the moment. Your energy will come back in time.

Well done on your 36 days.

Spam

Comment

Back To Fitness

Thanks for the replies,

I made myself have it today and went for a bit of a run with the dog...she loved it.
        I didn't go to far, but well see tomorrow, maybe I'll try again.

Spam - I know it's bad, but I just can't eat breakfast, I'm just not hungry.
        I don't really crave anything other than sugar, which I assume is due to the lack of fifteen or twenty beers a night.

Sunbeam - I'll have a look at the holistic section and thanks for the tip on the book.
        I can get a bit bogged down with all the food websites...sign up for this and that, lose 45lbs in a hour, discover the secrets of the stars weight loss...etc.
        All I want really is a list of good food to eat. I don't really need to lose weight, I just want to get my life back up and running.
        Thanks for the links to the sites you suggest, I'll have a look.:thanks:

Cheers
        Keep on keeping on!

Comment

Working...
        X