I want a drink so bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a drink so bad!

Today is my 11th day sober and I want a drink right now so dang bad, I can hardly stand it. I tried to watch TV but everything I turned to people were drinking. It really pisses me off that I am an acoholic! Why can't I just enjoy drinking occassionally like other people do? I am definetly having a physical and mental withdrawal! I wish I could figure out how to get in a chat room so I would have somebody to talk to. I have really had a bad day.
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

I want a drink so bad!

Hang in there SOBS, the feeling will pass
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

I want a drink so bad!

As a pretty serious alky, I can't even begin to express how much better the last 120 AF days have been, compared to the months before. The feeling seriously started to fall off for me after two weeks. Ride it out, and that itch will go away-- trust me. And the bad day, I can totally relate. Drinking never helped me to cap off a "bad day", just pass out and put off solving the root cause of whatever made that day bad. Hang in there-- this is a tough battle but very worth it.

Comment

I want a drink so bad!

glad to read this

as I am at day 7 or so and craving al soooooooooo bad I almost want to quit my job and go out and get smashed tho I know that will do me absolutely no good, as I just got out of the hospital for (everyone thinks?!) trying to off myself................not sure, but sure it would not be a wise thing for me as the divorce needs to go as smoothly and he is drinking, smoking pot and doing coke, not me right now...............need to stay af for myself and my life..................thanks for sharing this, I need this itch(and it is a literal itch) to stop....................drinking plenty of water, trying to rest as much as I can, working night shift 12 hours sucks tho..............but I need the job, as money don't grow on trees................

thanks again, it HAS to get better!!!

MA:l:h
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I want a drink so bad!

SOS,
          You can get to chat by going to the 1st pageyou get after you click on "Our Community", which is My Way Out Forums. When you log on, also click remember me. Live Chat should come up 2nd in from the left on the top blue toolbar... hope this helps! I haven't been to chat, but expect I will be...

I admire all of you on this thread so much for being AF! I am taking my bac, up to 70 mg today, but it's not at the "switch" point yet. Went into the kitchen for food, saw the glass from last night's wine & went into some of the strongest craving I've had since starting the bac....and this was 45 minutes after taking 2000mg L-glut! So took my bac a.m. dose (20). That was 30 minutes ago, and I am still not very well settled or distracted.... Guess there's no reason to expect any of this to be easy...

thanks for being here...

Jenn
          Jenn
          "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
          Leonard Cohen

Comment

I want a drink so bad!

Thank all of you for your posts. Well, I made it through last night, didn't go to sleep until 1:30 but finally slept and feel better today. The nights are my worst, because at 4:00 or 5:00 was our time to fix our first drink. But i'm learning to just deal with not drinking just this one day every day and hope these cravings will pass! I'm gonna try to get in the chat room tonight. Love to all of you! Vicki
            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
            X