3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
    1⁄2 teaspoon salt
    1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
    1 cup whole buttermilk
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 (1-ounce) bottle red food coloring

Instructions Preheat oven to 325˚. Spray 20 muffin cups with nonstick baking spray with flour.
    In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
    In a large bowl, combine oil, buttermilk, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed just until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
    Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.

Makes 18 - 20 servings

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients 1 cup butter, softened
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    7 cups confectioners? sugar

Instructions In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners? sugar until smooth

Makes 6 cups
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Sweetheart Red Velvet Cupcakes

Always wanted to taste these

Sounds like a pretty easy recipe for a sometime-chef like me. The beauty of the Red Velvet goods has always intrigued me. I thought they used beet juice for coloring. Now I find out it is simple food coloring and the recipe makes sense. I will make these while I am busying myself and NOT drinking. Thank you!

Comment

Sweetheart Red Velvet Cupcakes

Ruby-this is the exact recipe that I use to make my son's favorite cake....it is the best!!! My sisters'-in-law always ask me to make it for special occasions. Nothing like a good, old fashion southern recipe!!
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Working...
      X