saturday night and i ain't got no wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and it's good. i'm af tonight cause i took my nine year old to the movie with 6 of his friends and now they are spending the night for his birthday.

i cannot remember the last birthday where i didn't have glass of wine in my hand, or the last saturday night for that matter.

i'm fairly proud of myself. and tomorrow morning, i won't be pissed at them for waking me up(well, not as pissed at 6am.

it's quite liberating actually.
    and honestly, my hubby didn't drink cause he drove to the movie, but he poured a glass of wine when we got home, and like i said, honestly, i feel a little "above" him! like i'm better than him! ha.

so, i'm having a little iced tea so i can have a little caffiene to stay up as late as they will. the wine would have made me tired and i would have been pushing them to not have fun, but to go to bed.

so proud of myself. thank you very much.

Good for you. Enjoy the party. Kids grow up way to fast and you don't want to miss a thing.
    Keep it up

Winefree

Comment

LetGo,
      Good for you! Not drinking is definitely liberating.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

now i just have to keep to my limit tonight and not try to "make up for it" tonight.

Comment

Letgo,

So PROUD of you. Everything you said is so true. Wine does make you tired so you would have wanted to go to bed earlier - the kids being noisy cause they'd want to stay up late would make you mad, etc.

And of course the next a.m. you wouldn't wake up wided eyed and ready to conquer the world. I believe even one glass interferes with sleep. Hubby and I went to the movies last night and had drinks afterwards and we slept way late this a.m.!! We NEVER do that when we're AF.

I agree-there is a real feeling of power when you can abstain when someone else is imbibing. I always feel that way when I'm at a party and am nursing my two drinks through the night while I'm watching others drink and drink and drink. Those moments certainly make me feel better too.

You're definitely making progress girl. Keep coming back (as they say in A.A.) it works!!
          ((Hugs))
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Well done LetGo!! You have every reason to be proud of yourself.

I went to my daughters parents evening last week and I was voted to be the class Mom (which is really just a pain in the butt) but I was so chuffed because for the last year I've attended every school event sober and present. I've wanted to be there and often I've even roped in my friends to join me at some of the functions -- it's these little moments that remind me why this fight is worth while.

Do something special for yourself this week, you deserve it.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
            X