Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campral fans - can you share your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering who is taking campral and how that's going for you. I just ordered some from an on-line pharmacy. Should have asked this question first! After I ordered it, I did a little more research. Parting with the money was hard, but I thought what the heck - I pi$$ that much away at the bar. Then I went back and looked at the dosage - I only have enough for two weeks. Pretty steep price tag for two weeks!

I am not rich, but I am not poor either. Let's say I'm frugal because "cheap" is such a condescending term. when I am truly lost, I tend to "throw money" at a problem hoping that the fact that I have spent the money will snap me to where I want to be. I usually forget that I spent it and get even madder at myself.

The side effects of topa make me nervous - I am already tired and forgetful. I eventually want to do mods but need to spend some time in abs. I was AF for six weeks a couple of months ago - it was wonderful yet lonely and sad. I am hoping to stay abs for a good 30 days again and then truly try to moderate (maybe I am kidding myself). Will the campral help me with that? Do I need to be AF before I start taking it? How about after - do I need to stay AF or will the med just stop working?

Thanks!

Barb,

I have no experience with the Campral but I would sure love to hear how it works for you. Did you have a prescription from your doctor or did you just order it online? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Online - I still don't have the nerve to go to a doctor.

Comment

Hey Barb,

You're supposed to be AF for several days before starting campral. I've never taken it myself, but I have heard some very positive things from some others on the board who have taken it.

Good luck!

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

You know what?? If parting with $85 for two weeks worth of meds can't keep me from drinking for a week or so, I don't know what can!

I'd love to hear more from someone who's tried it. Thanks for the input, everyone.

Comment

Just started it today....it's worked great for the last two hours! Sorry I can't provide a longer history.

Comment

I've been abs for 7 weeks. I started Campral one day after not drinking and took it for 1 month. It helped with the cravings along with the other facets of the program. I experienced a bit of gas the first week but that subsided. Also a bit itchy at night which also disappeared in a week. Changing up your evening routine(if thats when the cravings start) is key along with the hypno cd's really helped me.
              Best of luck with your new life..Mine has improved in so many ways..Well worth the hardship at the beginning.

Comment

Hi you all,
                I have commented on Campral before in other threads. It's a wonderful medication, and it does stop the physical cravings, buy you gotta be motivated to break the mental habit. I too couldn't go AF for a day, so I took it the next day after a hang over. No side effects other than running to the bathroom often. It was also hard for me to take it three times a day...I'd forget. If I drank while taking Campral, I got a bad hang over, and loaded faster? Good luck, it should work well for you.
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

Thanks a lot you guys. I know it's a mindset thing with me. I've already managed six weeks AF and know I can do it because I really want to. If I am ever going to embrace mods, I have to change my relationship with alcohol. I listen to the CDs but tended not to when times were tough so that nothing could stop me from wanting to drink. I know they work - I am a big believer in mind over matter - you can't change your life until you change your mind.

I've been AF for six weeks and drinking to excess for six weeks. Both have their pros and cons; I know which is preferable overall. The campral was an "impulsive buy" so I might as well take advantage of the help.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!!:l

Comment

Okay - I ordered them Monday and got them Friday. Amazing!

The only problem is that the instructions are in Spanish. Can someone tell me the recommended start/dosage on them? Also, is there anything I have to watch out for besides bathroom issues?

Thanks!!

Comment

Campral

G'day you all.

I've been on campral for a few months now. It stopped working for me the moment I started drinking again. It's strange. I'm on four pills a day, and actually wondering whether I should continue or stop taking the medication ...

Any input?

Cheers,

Patrick
                      Paddy
                      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Paddy wrote: G'day you all.

I've been on campral for a few months now. It stopped working for me the moment I started drinking again.
                        Top 'o the mornin' to you Paddy!

What you are describing is the one reason I'm willing to try negotiating the side effects of topa. If it is just too miserable, I'll probably just use the supplements and hypno, etc.

Hang in there.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

could someone tell me what AF means

Comment

AF = Alcohol Free.

Barb

Comment

Been on Campral two months now. It doesn't work if you are drinking. I'm thinking about trying Revia, anyone have experience with that?

Where can I find out more about topa?

Comment

Working...
                              X