Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Soup for Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hi all!!

I found this book, "Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul" a couple of weeks ago and started sharing it in the mods group. However, I'm thinking that it should be here, under the "What We're Reading" thread, so that everyone that wants to can read it (and discuss it). So, here's today's chicken soup -

Every day is a new page; the words are up to you. Will the page be filled with "if only..." or with "I did it!!"? When your life winds down will you be wallowing in your regrets or celebrating your experiences and accomplishments? When you share that book of memories, will there be a smile on your face as you relive you journey or a tear in your eye for the missed opportunities and the what might have been? It is your choice, tomorrow is a new day, turn the page and write your life the way you want it to be. You do not always travel the path of your choosing; sometimes it is the path you were meant to take.
    -Karen Marie Arel

And -

I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.
    -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Up until I found this place and this program, I think I would have had to look back on my life with regrets. Shame too. Now, as I move from where I was into whatever is in my future, I have hope again, and I hope that I will be able to look back at my life and feel a sense of accomplishment.
    :teeter:

Chicken Soup for Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I always love these posts no matter where they land!
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
    X