Hey, It's Jane... anyone remember me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been ... uhmmm... away. Which in drinking talk means, I've had a huge setback. I miss being sober and wanted to just check in and let y'all know that I'm gearing back up to join the sober world again. There's been a ton of stuff I could dump on y'all about what's been going on. But I'll spare you all the justifications. Bottom line... My All One arrived today( I ran out). I took it and can't hardly wait 'till I can take it again tomorrow because I know how well it equips my body to deal with giving up the booze.

The scariest part of trying again is that I really believe I have to go sugar free as well as booze free. I was doing just fine on the program BEFORE I gave into the sugar beast. I just couldn't beat it. I upped my gava and whatnot but I just couldn't stop substituting sugar for my beer!

I'm more scared of going sugar free than going beer free, since I know the sugar antaganizes the alchohol cravings... What to do? Gees... Is CV still here?

Anyway, I just wanted to hail y'all and say... I'm working on it! Please don't give up on me... I haven't!

Thanks,
    Jane/ aka JaneDoe

Hi Jane,

Welcome back! There are a lot of us here (myself included) who had a false start or two before we finally "got" it. It takes what it takes. Glad to hear that you haven't given up on yourself.

CV has been around, but it's been a couple of weeks since I've seen her post.

Take care and keep on posting. All the best~

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike. I'm up at midnight knowing tomorrow is a new day... Maybe THE day...

I'm also looking for Gabby, Deirdre, Suzan etc... I'm just looking for the hope that there is a true abstinance that's NOT a struggle each and every day. I'm hoping to find some OLD TIMERS still here...

False starts? Oh Maaaaaan. We could sooooooooo talk about that! MWO was the best start I've ever had in terms of NOT feeling physically crappy while getting sober before. This is my best shot! It's rehab for me IF I can't do this with MWO again... and we all know the dismal stats on rehab....

Comment

Hi Jane,

A lot of the old timers now use the Long Term Abstinence forum that is a little further down the main community page, although they pop in here too. I'm sorry that the sugar part is so hard for you. I gave up most sugar a long time ago, and I do notice that when I eat it, my cravings increase.

Good luck, Jane, and welcome back!!

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Jane! Jane!

I am so glad you are back! I was wondering what happened to you and have missed you. Funny, I was thinking about you yesterday and had even asked a couple of people on chat about a month ago if they had seen you or heard from you. I missed ya!!

Glad to hear as well that you are getting back on track. I'd love to catch up again. Stay close!

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thanks y'all.

Things have been sooooo hectic here. I missed one day of my all-one but was able to get it today. Still drinking. Working up to doing the whole program in baby steps... Y'know how it goes.

Allie... I've wondered how you were doing too! I think about a lot of y'all... Hoping your program is going well....

I'll have to check out the long term abs board. Thanks

Jane

Comment

Jane, I dont know how I missed this thread. Ya sister....so been wondering where you disappered to. I am so glad your back! I'm still hangin around here. Probably not goin anywhere. Ahhhh, so glad your back Jane. : )
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
              X