• Show
Clear All

IAD

Can we chat please? Anyone?

IAD

Are you still on?

Comment

IAD

I am my first day of AF. I was diagnosed with alcohol induced hepatitis, so I really need to quit. I have been unable to eat for several weeks. My son and boyfriend are all over my case. I don't want to drink anymore, but I have been drinking daily for so long, it is really scary to think about. I am also afraid I will do thru some bad withdrawals. Are withdrawals that awful?

Comment

IAD

sansieb,:welcome:

I can't answer your question regarding withdrawal, because although I was a daily drinker, I was not so far along as to need to go through withdrawal. I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that I know it is scary to make this change. But it is so worth it! Strength to you! Hang in there and keep posting.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

IAD

sansieb, here is a really good thread you might want to check out:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

IAD

sansieb;811167 wrote: I I am also afraid I will do thru some bad withdrawals. Are withdrawals that awful?
            From what I hear, Withdrawals really vary from person to person. Some people drink very heavily over many years and quit cold turkey without too many problems. Other people maybe drank daily but not as much as the extremely heavy drinker but maybe will go through some bad ones.
            Work like you don't need money,
            Love like you've never been hurt,
            And dance like no one's watching.
            ~author unknown

One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I'm having a good time.
            ~Nancy Astor

Comment

IAD

Solitire.......Great chating with you last night. Keep up the fight....We are all here to help ! Hope you enjoyed that cup of Jobe ! Ha! IAD........
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
              X