Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Pray

I am asking for your prayers please!

My two oldest children from my previous marriage lost their half brother in May of 2004 to an accidental drug overdose. This was my former step son that these kids spent holidays, weeekends, and summer breaks with. It was devestating to them both but somehow just especially hard on my oldest daughter.

She had lost her Grandfather who she was very close to six months prior to that.

Last school year she lost a class mate unexpectedly to a brain tumor. Not a super close friend but a class mate that was in the 7th grade one day and gone the next.

I came home yesterday from picking up my youngest and found Ashley crying at the kitchen table. She had found out that a friend, a boy she had a crush on last year was found dead on Tuesday. They believe it was a suicide.

I beilieve that my God has a plan and it is at work every day even through our pain. It's hard to help a child understand that when she has been through so much loss.

When I tried to comfort her about this boy this morning, she told me he was Muslim.

I will ask my pastor to talk with her about it, but I had no idea what to say to her to bring her comfort?

I am asking that you keep us in your prayers. Please pray for comfort and healing for my daughter Ashley. Please pray for the right words to come out of my mouth to help her!

Thank you!!
    :h :h :h :h

Please Pray

I'm a practicing Catholic and will pray for you now and again tonight with my children.....
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Please Pray

Rachele, that is so sad. I am so sorry. It is so hard to explain such big things like that to children, especially when we do not understand it ourselves. You are in my prayers right now......
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Please Pray

My paryer for Rachele's family:

Our Father and our God,
        I ask you to come into the greatest needs of Rachele's family at this time.

I pray spiritual blessing for a revelation of Jesus. Give her family a revelation of God as Abba, Father. I pray an emotional blessing on them.

Give her family a revelation of Jesus as Healer of emotions.
        Release healing to remove the ground for bondages. Let them choose forgiveness for themselves and others.
        Give freedom from fear because God never fails us.
        Grant them a strong sense of Hope to believe God for His promises.

I pray physical blessings.
        Come cover them with Your protective hedge of safety, strength, and good health. We plead Psalm 91.

Thank you Father for hearing our prayers.
        We love you.
        We need you.
        We are Your children.

AMEN:h

Nancy:l
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Please Pray

Rachele,
          I cant imagine the pain she must be feeling, and like the others and you said, it is so hard as a mother to see them suffer and not be able to take it away. But I know, as you do, that God does truly work even through our deepest pain. God obviously has a huge and wonderful plan for Ashley's life, and she may be able to bring comfort and healing to others who are hurting in a way that she never would have had she not been through it. I know from the patterns I have seen in my own life that I have the greatest compassion for those suffering through similar things that I have personally been through. And God has been able to use me to extend his touch to those people, and somehow in a way only God can do, he brought healing to my own heart by reaching out to others. I know it would not take all her pain away, but if you could somehow give her a glimpse of how God can use this to help others, and how so many others her age are also crying over the loss of family members, etc. It doesnt take the pain away, but it can give it a purpose.

I know I got pregnant in the 11th grade and suffered much criticism from people in the small town I lived in because my dad was a pastor. People left our church, stared at me when I went places and the pain of the humiliation I felt was indescribable. I went into a terrible depressoin, but I didnt believe in abortion. Today my son is almost 20 and I have been volunteering at the Crisis Pregnancy Center for years and I am truly able to cry with these teenage girls when they come in for a free pregnancy test and are terrified. They literally light up when I tell them that I too went through it and I can show pictures of my son and tell them how glad I am that I kept him and the joy he has brought to my life. Sorry, I didnt mean to write a novel, but I KNOW that God will use this. He never allows his children to suffer in vain. He works all things together for good for those who love Him.

I couldnt sleep tonight so I came on to just read. So glad this grabbed my attention because the house is quiet and I will pray for Ashley for a while, as well as you and that God will give you wisdom as her mother to have just the right words for her.

Blessings to you Rachele,
          Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Please Pray

Allie,

Thank you so much for sharing your story:l

And thank you all for your prayers:h

Ashley went to the memorial on Friday evening and talked with Nasiem's Mother, she felt peaceful afterward.

It was Nasiem's first semester of the ninth grade. His friend got his first in school suspesion/detention for too many tardies. Nasiem needed one more tardy and he would earn his in school suspension/detention with his friend. Kids do it all the time so they can serve in school suspension/detention together. It's standard practice for the principal to call the parents and or a letter to be sent home through the mail to notify of the suspension/detention. Nasiem and his father fought about it he told him he was going to kill himsef. He went in his room and hung himself. His father was not at the memorial. I can't imagine his pain.

If I learned one thing from his death, it's that kids need to be held accountable for their actions, but they're human, they make mistakes. They learn from them just like we do.......let them make them

Your continued prayers for his family are appreciated.
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Please Pray

That is just a heartwrenching story. I get so scared for kids and their undeveloped brains at that age and making irrational decisions. Everything just seems so huge to them during their teen years. That family will be in my prayers....
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Please Pray

Imagine,

My heart breaks for this father. You're right..his pain must be unbearable. I will continue to pray for him and his family.
                I can't imagine going through something like that without the Hope of Jesus.

Love,
                Nancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                X