Thursday Oct 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Oct 12

Just felt sorry for there not bein a day. So Happy Long Term Abbers in Absland. : )
    Gabby :flower:

Thursday Oct 12

Its a crazy day here. I am enjoying a movie with the kids and have a meeting tonight. Just didn't want you think that we didn't love you Gabby! Looks like a slow day on both abs boards.

Comment

Thursday Oct 12

Yeah it's a bit slow. Maybe a mid-week lull?

I've felt quite stressed at work lately, and thankfully MWO provides an outlet, some sense of relief for me. At least it's a way for me to pour some of my feelings out into cyberland. It's kind of what I used to do when journaling.

I need to learn how to say NO when asked to take on additional responsibilities. My plate is already full here and I juggle to keep it all going. Can't keep this up for too long. I'm just gratefu that a couple of the projects are dropping off in a another 10 days, as the deadlines will have passed. After that I'm taking a few days off to visit with a friend. (Looking forward to that!!) Then I have a conference in Hawaii. So I'm telling myself, "Just hang in there a little while longer."

But the larger issue is that I need to learn when to say no. I need to learn that I can't please everyone.

Ah, well. One day at a time, right?

Thanks for listening.
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday Oct 12

i'm on a bit of a hectic one today. my focus is here at home.. rather than the board today.. doesent mean i dont care though.
        brigid

Comment

Thursday Oct 12

I'm sensing a theme....I'm a people pleaser too. First to say it was probably my fault..first to volunteer, first to say..let me do that.
          A co worker is having a party - it's called southern living home or something close to that - and I asked another co worker if she was going. She said no she wasn't.
          I asked why not and she said -I don't want to go.
          wow....can it really be that simple?

Lisa

Comment

Thursday Oct 12

Love you too Discovery. And your a great Mayor Mike. Takes a lot of time. Thank you for that! I know your putting a lot of thought into it. thanks again.
            Hi Brig and Kate!
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday Oct 12

katesm wrote: mmmm....the No word.

When I grow up, I just know I'll be able to say No.
              lol. Me too, and hopefully I'll say it nicely, before feeling cornered.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X