X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Friday the 13th

Good Morning Awesome Friends,
    Things that have helped me moderate:
    1. Finding MWO and realizing that there my life did not have to be what it was. I am not in this alone.
    2. Topa/supps/exercise regimen...
    3. Having to face these tough issues...habits/relearning to deal with life without alcohol
    4. Loving that I don't have those red eyes, hangovers-
    5. Knowing that my children will have a better mom

Love you all---You know that! Have Great day! sm-mary

Happy Friday the 13th

Hi guys
    Happy (eeek) Friday the 13th morning
    I am reposting my post from last night:

Lusc - I agree - that can be the topic for tomorrow (so today guys ). Good one -
    What do people find are the most helpful "tools" for their success in this program (maybe a top 3 or 5 list)?

I know for me it has been ( I know its not tomorrow yet, but im gonna throw mine in now...
    1) the topa - Lusc - I know you are not taking it, but for me, I honestly think it has made the difference between success and failure. I mean it.
    2) My husband - he is a strong motivator - 'cause he has really pushed me to do this and I really want to show him - and me that I can!
    3) THIS BOARD
    4) The supps etc
    5) Motivation/.willpower - DEFINITELY!!! - oh and using the DrinkTracker honestly helps too because it holds you accountable.....and you have to think of it as if everyone is looking at it too... (thats what I do to motivate me...
    LOVE YA
    JEN
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Hi All...

Hi all -

I've just kind of been "lurking" again. Reading but not posting. I am going through a kind of "off the wagon" period right now - also had that wonderful stomach flu yesterday. Ick... I'd like to make a list of things I'd like to accomplish this week-end but I'm afraid of failure and disappointing myself - but I'll try a few...

1. Take short walks Saturday and Sunday.
      2. No more than 4 drinks Friday night and Saturday night
      3. No more than 2 on Sunday.

There...maybe it will work if I put it down for myself and everyone else to see.

You all are such a great inspiration. At least I'm continuing to come here through good times and bad and that in itself is an improvement right?

Everyone have a "lucky 13th!
      Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
      Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
      Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
      : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
      "

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Oh my God where is Lusch,
        I want to hear about the dinner party last night.
        Lusch where ARE YOU!? Are you deliberately torturing me!!????

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

I am here and hungover. Ugh! I got so nervous having him over and meeting his wife and when I get nervous I drink. We had a great time, although we stayed up much too late. I have run out of my supplements which is not helping things. I, however, did nothing stupid as in our thread of stories yesterday; no cum in a hot tub, no peeing on the floor, so for that I will pat myself on the back and say "Well done!!!" This is going to be a mellow weekend, in fact I have to work all weekend so I will be good. I have my yearly physical on Monday and I have to say I am nervous about it. Having worried about it all week I realized that the only reason I am worried is because I drink too much. I have also decided this worry and anxiety is not worth the fun I have while drinking, so I am going to get real serious about being more AF. I have to for my mental well being. Jen, how many days are you now? I will consider the topa if I find next week to be too challenging but I know I can do it.....And Fan, excellent job on all of your AF days. I am also impressed you are not intimidated by all of the estrogen on board here. Have a good Friday everyone!!! Good to hear from you Trish. I was starting to get worried about you.....
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Hey Lusch
            Dont worry about one night. Totally understand - its social situations like that that are killer for me too = cause I get so nervous like that too. Why do you think I have been isolating myself at home???
            What was the wife like?????
            I am 12 days....

OMG I want details you dont get off that easy

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Mike, thank you for those kind words. That really meant a lot. And Jen, I am PM'ing you right now.............

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Way to much going on around here to try to catch up and it looks like we have a new guy. Hi Mike, glad you are here. We are a wicked lot

I have been ass deep in the PTA all week, yes I am a PTA board member. Please don't laugh. I would say they are sucking the life out of me, but last night we had a great meeting on an upcoming event that I'm pretty excited about. Yes, I'm rambling about the PTA, but the point is I would have not been able to do this last year at this time. I would not have committed myself because frankly it would have interferred with my drinking. Sad, but true.

I had a good week, but last night I could not watch Survivor without a glass of wine in my hand, which lead to 2, which lead to bad sleep. Talk about a stupid trigger.

Smmary, good to hear from you, you sound like you are doing so well.

Trish, you are very brave to put a limit on Sunday, that is my hardest day of the week.

Hi to all the lovely muffins and muffin men.

Have a nice day.

Laura
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Helpful tools

the tools board- knowing that anyone can check progress at any time.
                  - looking how well others are doing (Jen. MkR, Bounce etc)
                  - matching progress of one week/month with another

Becca - inspiration to run/walk ( sorry to describe you as a tool)

:H - laughter at some of threads on this board.

Love to all as always. Glad hubby on the mend Mary Anne.

Waves:h
                  Enough is enough

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Happy friday 13th Ya'll! And :welcome: to Mike, nice to have a guy in the neighborhood.

Tools huh?.... Well, lets see. My toys keep me pretty motivated! Oh, not THOSE ONES!! I mean my kayak, & bike etc(you sick-O's!!):H

Seriously, just keeping in mind where I've been before I found MWO... Sliding downhill fast, a very dark place, with no end in sight. Don't want to ever go there again. Self loathing, sleeplessness, broke, desperate, scared, well ya know...

I do think the supps & topa are a huge tool for me. As well lots of water, and a somewhat healthy diet.

Lots of exercise, is a definate plus. Keeping busy, and motivated. Too much idle time is not a good thing for me.

Daily meditations help me a lot.

And of course I should have listed this at the top !! It's the first thing I do in the morning These BOARDS!! The support is such a HUGE HELP!! Just having people who know what you're going thru on a day to day basis and can bounce experiences & ideas off of is amazing. Having someone love us when we don't even understand ourselves!! That's priceless!! THANKS GUYS!! LOVE YA!!

And of course, just plain old determination ...
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

CDs too
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

us hold back? I don't think so...
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Tools that help me

1. The boards
                          2. The supps
                          3. Water
                          4. Keeping a positive attitude
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

God no Mike - we are thrillled thrilled THRILLED to have you here!!!!!!!
                            DO you want to be a muffin too? Or is that dumb??
                            Do you want to be a cookie? You can be whatever you want...
                            Or you can just be here!!
                            You can feel free to contribute to the Once upon a time story too!!!!!
                            (can you see why i started asking for pom poms?) YAY YAY YAY!!! (I have had some coffee today...
                            Bounce! Bounce BOUNCING OFF THE WALL!
                            (I am really not usually this annoying)...
                            Maybe I will go see if i can stir up some trouble over in "once upon a time" land right now....
                            Love Jen

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th

Ummm, yes Jen you are always this annoying. Sorry to tell you. I was just going to post and ask the same thing about Mike. Would you like to be a member of the muffin club Mr. Fan? Do you know what a muffin is? If so, then we can consider you for our very exclusive group.

Comment

Working...
                              X