searching for something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

searching for something

:new: :new: Hi my name is chris from Australia.Iam 36 and have been suffering for years.Progressively getting worse.I have tried many things aa antideppresants.Im not very computer litterate so I hope this goes ok.Today (so far ) is thefirst time in 7 that Ihavent started with a drink.Havent even been eating or showering..Think I may have lost my job and my family are ready to give up on me.My drinking has escalated to the point that i even drink household products just to get drunk when im desperate.I owe It to myself my family and especially my 7 year old daughter to recover.Is there anyone with simlar problems.I am desperate.

searching for something

anyone who is controlled by drinking has a similar problem, you are not alone, please dont' give up on the hope that you will be able to one day be able to say "i have been sober for" .... days, months, years

Comment

searching for something

thanks anna

thanks for your supportive words .Ive had periods of sobriety the longest being about four months in a live in rehab fact is I find it difficult to be honest especially with myself I continue to think that I can go back to normal drinking and after a while the result is the same.the truth is I find it difficult to live with myself when Im not drinking ,my mind is my own worst enemy at times its probably a result of brain damage from drinking.stopping drinking is one thing living well is another.I just hope in time I can find that joy for life I once had.Interests maybe even real friends again.(they seem to have dropped away over the years )I guess I can only try and hope cheers chris k

Comment

searching for something

Chris

Hang in Chris. Stay with us.

Stay calm.

We'll be here. We won't leave.

Keep talking and we'll listen.

May not be the same ones who respond all the time, but you will touch a chord each time you post.

Have faith and be patient.

Hope is the operative word here at this point for you, I think.

It's the best way to start.

Helen

Comment

searching for something

Hey Chris & welcome. I've been where you are now... it's hard. But it does get better! Glad you're here, stay with us. The support here is very healing, as are the supplements. There's so much more being discovered everyday as far as alcoholism. But I truly believe what RJ is doing here is beyond anything I've ever come across... and believe me... I was desperate, and ready "throw in the towel", before I found this incredible program. Again welcome.:h Glad you're here.

:l Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

searching for something

Chris

Chris,

Don't give up. I didn't think I could ever stop. Drank all the time. This group is unbelieveable. I don't post to often but I read what everyone is saying and I can not tell you how much it helps. Get the book. I stopped drinking on Aug. 13th. I was about to lose the most important person in my life. Chris I drank all day and night.
            Please give it a try.

Will be thinking of you,
            Sola

Comment

searching for something

hi chris, hope you had a good day. I am so impressed that you were sober for 4 months, and even more impressed that you have come to the very difficult conclusion that you have a problem. You want to get to the point where your drinking is smaller than you - drinking does not dictate your life - you tell drinking - i am just not interested in you today, i am far to busy, or whatever you need to say. You want it, and i know you are getting desperate, ( i think) bc your child is getting older. You are a very caring parent, and you realize your fight with this addiction is lost, you lost, and you want to forfeit the game.... I know how your feeling and how hard this is . Maybe we can do it? wouldn't that be the best thing ever? In the whole world?? have a great night chris, and a good tomorrow

Comment

searching for something

hi everybody been a week .Still hanging in there . No supplrements just willpower .I mstarting a new job today .Keeping positive . thanks to all .Talk soon.

Comment

searching for something

hanging in

Chris Kemp wrote: hi everybody been a week .Still hanging in there . No supplrements just willpower .I mstarting a new job today .Keeping positive . thanks to all .Talk soon.

Comment

searching for something

Hi Chris,

A week is good! Hang on in there.

Tawny

Comment

searching for something

Chris,

So, impressed that you could go a week on sheer determination. You are doing unbelievably well! Just keep going. We are behind you with friendship and support. Keep coming back!

Best
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

searching for something

Chris,

Above all determination is the key to success. And you have shown it in your first week.
                        WAY TO GO....WAY TO GO.

CC

Comment

searching for something

Hey man,
                          Good to see another guy on the board. Your story sounds familiar. Just keep going. When you fall, hang onto this board. I've found some great people here.

Comment

Working...
                          X