X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worrried about my vacation

hi
    so, yes, i'm a worrier. i worry about things ahead of time
    anyway, we are doing our annual beach vacation at the end of may.
    we will be with 3 other families all who drink(no one is a problem drinker).

anyway...normally i would have 2 beers at lunch, then probably 3 drinks in the evening each night. so, that would be 5 drinks per day.
    I don't really have a problem with that amount, except for one thing.
    my severe withdrawal fears. i'm so scared that it will put be back to square one and then i'll be too scared to go AF right when i get back and I'll have to taper again and blah blah blah. If any of you read my posts when i first came here you will know that i have ocd and i was obsessing about my irrational fear of withdrawals/seizures.

so, my question to you. if i drank 5 drinks per day for 7 days straight, will i be at risk for severe withdrawals? i'm a 5' 107lb woman.

honestly, i think i could cut back the amount, but i don't want to go AF during the vacay at all. so, if i skipped the 2 beers at lunch a couple of those days, would that help? anyway..i'm starting to worry about it....

i read somewhere online that a woman would have to drink 15 drinks a day for a week to have a 50/50 chance of severe withdrawals. BUT, I don't apply that to me cause I am petite. so, if i cut that in half, that's about 7.5 drinks a day for a week. so, in that regard, it would seem i would not be at risk. but, my ocd is scared and i don't want to have to f-ing TAPER again when i get back.
    so, i need to wrap my head around this. i have to choose don't i?
    or do i?

ugh.

I do remember your worries about withdrawals when you first started. And I remember your rational mind realized and agreed that it was unlikely you'd experience withdrawals but it still worried you a lot. I don't know the statistics but I would doubt 5 drinks/day for 7 days would be likely to result in withdrawals, but I'd guess that the possibility would be diminsh with fewer drinks like 3/day. A thought I had was to have alcohol free beers at lunch and your regular three drinks in the evening and really enjoy everything. And then if you have one or two more some day/evening don't give it a second thought. Just and idea.
    Ask

Comment

I'm very sure you would be fine to go cold turkey after 5 per day for 7 days. However, how about interjecting one alcohol free day in the middle of the week? Then you certainly wouldn't get into trouble. You might have to get out of the routine for the day. Run to town for a vacation related errand?? Have tummy ache or headache for a day? Also if you will have been generally drinking less this May than previous ones, five drinks per day may not feel that great. OK, that's my brainstorming on this topic.
      Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

OK, I just noticed your "Could this be a turning point" post and really think it could be entirely possible that you may be able to have some of that take-it-or-leave-it attitude during vacation also or at least some days.
        Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

Hi LGL,
          I think the less you drink, the less you will worry about this. I also agree with Ask For Help.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

yes, i thought about this alot today and i think you are both right.
            one, i think i will need to have some sort of limit. so, i'll go in with a plan.
            maybe if i have 2 beers at lunch one day, then i will have to limit my evening drinks to 1 or 2(most). or maybe i have to give up beer at lunch the next day. or if i just have one...etc...i think i will have to have a plan as much as that pisses me off to have to worry about it on vacation, i think it is probably best for me for 2 reasons. 1)to keep me on track with my modding and 2)to keep me from having the ocd fears again.

so, we'll see.

sun, i also thought about the fact that I have 2 more months before vacay and right now, 2 drinks last night gave me a headache today. so, tonight, even though my limit is 3, i'm only having 1 and a half. So maybe, just maybe, by then i won't feel like drinking as much as i did say, last may. and yes, i'm toying with the idea of an AF day thrown in there...

so, thanks for helping me PLAN this. it makes me feel better. i may bring this subject up several times in the next few months, so forgive me if it gets redundant.

xoxo

Comment

Working...
            X