Saturday, October 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, October 14th

Wasnt Saturday, October 14th the title of a movie back in the eighties that was supposed to be jokish take-off on Friday the 13th? I think I remember seeing that...

Anyway, just typing the date made me think of that! (sorry) So Good morning and happy weekend! I did so good last night and was asleep by 10:00, which is almost unheard of for this night owl! I had two glasses of chardonnay while out with hubby for dinner, and it was one of those nights where it felt about two hours later than it was the whole evenings and we both came home and crashed early. Normally I would stay up and get on the computer, but I went right to sleep. I woke up at 6:15 this morning and couldnt believe it for a Saturday. My daughter is rowing in a river race at 10:00 so I am going to try and get my run in and then make it in time. It is really inspiring to watch her out on the river in one of those skinny little kayak boats with six other girls rowing in unison! She absolutely loves it and I can see why. I just found out there is an adult rowing league here as well, and so I am going to look into getting involved with it. I know they get out on the river several mornings a week early and row and do occasional races, which I think would really inspire me to stay in shape (rowing is such hard exercise) and give my exercise a purpose -- kinda like Becca's running. Plus if I knew I had to get up really early several mornings a week and exercise like that it would motivate me to go to bed early and be more diligent the rest of the time I think... at least I think that's how my brain works!!

Its a gorgeous day here... high of 77. Makes you just want to be outside! Have a great day everyone!

Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Saturday, October 14th

Good morning

Hey allie, where do you live? I am in N Florida and it is still only 55 degrees!! BRRRRRR!! wow 77! I hope it gets that warm today......anyway, glad you had a good Friday the 13th, I did too. Mother in law made us a really nice dinner, had a visit w/ some friends, turned in early and got up early(not at 6 though!, at 8...):no:

We are probably going to just work out in the yard (light work) and take it easy today, everyone enjoy!!:h

Have a wonderful Saturday!!!!:flower:

Love,

Mary Anne:l

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

WOW!!

I just read yesterday's posts, boy did I miss alot while at work bustin my butt!!:welcome: Mike!! (that is my hubby's name, so not it will be easy to remember), a "muffin man"!

Thanks for all the wishes for my hubby he is doing sooooo much better, is actually out "blowing off" the driveway, probably against doctor's orders but oh well, can't stop him!!

Hope everyone is doing well, glad you are back Trish from Nebraska (is that right??)I am so bad w/ most names!!

Anyway, gotta get out there and help my hubby and warm up these cold bones, can't believe it is 11AM and still cold(like 60 degrees!)outside brrrrrrr!!!!

Have a GREAT one everyone!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot......Tools:

These boards, topa, supps, CDs, phone cals and PMs

Love to all!!:l
      Mary Anne

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Where is Becca? Becca, helloooo?? It has been days. I think the "what's the worst thing we did while drunk" stories scared her off. Anyhow had a nice date night with hubby last night and we too were in bed early (okay, that sounds kinky) and I was wide awake at 6 and SHOULD have gotten up but I said, No dammit, it is Saturday and then I fell back asleep until 9:30!!! Much too late. Allie, I made that decision yesterday that I need to join a club of some sort to get out of the house more. Just need to figure out what it will be. I thought about joining another cooking club which I belonged to years ago but then that involves wine. I need to find a non wine group. Jen, where are you this morning? Mary, Mare? Where is Patti too? Have not heard from you for a while. Mary Anne I am so glad your husband is doing well. He sounds like a typical man doing things against doctor's orders. Oops, sorry have to be careful about the slamming men comments now don't I, Mr. Muffin Man???? Have a great Saturday all!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Good morning all
          Just hung out last night with my sister and hubby and watched really bad teen scary movies. Good for a laugh. Was a little crabby but feeling better today...slept in too..til about 9:30...
          Today I am going downtown with my sister to look at a place she is thinking of renting....
          Hope everyone is great!
          By the way, the Once upon a Time thread is AWESOME - Fan/Mike - you are great!!!!
          As are the rest of you muffins of course, but you guys already know how much I love ya
          Love Jen
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Morning everyone! Yeah, I should have got up when I was so "pleasantly awaken" earlier... , but I fell back asleep. Can't believe I slept that late !! Long day & night @ work yesterday, so I guess I was worn out... think I ran a few miles between tables!

Allie, a rowing team sounds like a blast! I can only manage to coordinate with my dog around here! Amazing how many people "say" they want to go kayaking... But try & actually make a time & place to get together...
            Love my doggie, he's always ready!

Hey I was thinking instead of a muffin.. maybe Mike would like to be the resident "maple bar"...:H "Cinnamon twist"? HA!! Who's twisted now?

Don't mind me. I think I'm still tired from yesterday... & gotta go get ready to go back for more... God I hate weekends sometimes. Oh well, tomorro's my Friday!!

Ok everybody have a great day!! Toodles! Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Yah, Mike you need to decide exactly what you are in the scheme of things; be it muffin, donut or cookie, as we need to know how to address you. I think I like Mr. Muffin Man the best.....

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Molly,
                Do you have a park and rec dept where you live. We have guide I get in the mail for each season. It has classes in it for kids, teens, adults and seniors. Our has some dance classes, cooking and the such. You might check that out.

Broke out of the mold today and posted to the Once upon a time story. That story has really funny stuff in it.

Going to gather and press leaves with the kids today and I got the fixings to make a pumpkin pie with them today too. It must be fall around here!

Have a nice day,
                Laura
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

I am going to check into that Laura. I am embarrased to admit that I want to jump on the Dancing with the Stars bandwagon and take dance lessons. That will really get me into shape!!! I am glad you posted. You have not been around much lately and I always enjoy hearing from you......

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Good mornin' all!

I'm kinda laughing at the folks here hollering that 55 is cold. I got up at ten, and it has finally warmed up to 20!! However, I do remember when I lived in Florida, and yep, 55 is cold. Right now, I would be sooo happy if it were 55.

Not much going on in my corner of the world today. Got a cold/sinus thingy, so I'm laying low today. Judie, how well I remember the days of waitressing. Make lots of money, but boy do you run, and run, and run for it

Hope everyone has an excellent day! :flower:
                    :teeter:

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Get better Gypsi. I would freeze to death where you live. I was miserable this morning and it was about 50 here.

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Then you would really freeze come January. Sometimes it'll hit 40, 50, even 60 below!!
                        :teeter:

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

If it got to 50 or 60 below I would have to drink whiskey all the time just to keep my blood from freezing. Sheez!

Maryanne, I live in Jacksonville. It wasnt actually 77 when I first got up, that was just the "high" for today, which sounded perfect for lounging by the river all day. Crew meets can be long and drawn out, but they are lots of fun. You meet tons of parents and schools from all over the state come. There were schools from Tampa, Orlando, Tallahassee, Gainesville, you name it! Even all the colleges from around here had their crew teams racing. We stood on top of a bridge that they had to row under and videotaped our daughter going under.. it was an awesome sight. Tons of great pics. But the weather was perfect... I wore shorts and was a tad chilly at first, but wound up getting some sun before it was over.

Hope I have another great night like last night. I may go out to a movie or something to get out of the house as hubby is going to be glued to the Florida/ Auburn game... major Gator fan. Sitting around watching that with him will make me want to sip something, so I am working on plan B!!

Have a great evening everyone, and be good!
                          Allie
                          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

so Jax!

So you are in Jacksonville, we are neighbors, only a few hrs away from eachother, turned out to be a beautiful day here when it warmed up, we went riding after we worked in the yard for a while........

Can't wait til baseball season starts again, then I love going to the games and all those activities, kayaking on the river sounds exciting!! I am glad for you Allie, sounds like you had a wonderful day, have a great night!!!

Am trying to go AF tomorrow, wish me luck!!!

Mary Anne:h :l

Comment

Saturday, October 14th

Ummm, did anyone else notice that Fan just hit on Judie??? Naughty, naughty boy Fan.........

On a more serious note I totally understand your feelings of being "jealous" that your kids are having a good time with your ex's boyfriend. That would tear me up. I am not sure what to say except that you sound like you are making changes and even if your relationship with your wife did not work out at least you are improving things for how your kids view you. That is something really huge. Be proud of that. You sound like a very doting Dad. We are glad you found us and I, for one, think you add a lot to our mods board, even if you do hit on married muffins........

Comment

Working...
                              X