• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modding not going so well

Sooo - it's been two weeks
    week one I drank a bottle of wie wth oh over dinner

Week 2 I had 2 beers at a sport event

Week 3 I had a glass and a half on thursday at friends' and 3 wines, a pint and a spirit last night.

Next weekend is a 2 day music festival - my plan is no more than 3 drinks on friday and saturday - I have a slight headache/anxiety today - horrible feeling.

It's concerning me that I am straying over my own boundaries - pattern I have found so far is

1. Drinking on empty stomach is a trigger
    2. Having more than 2 white wines is hard for me to control - that needs to be a once a month treat

I also want some AF weekends in there - special occasions was my plan/once a month - have slipped into each weekend and feeling a bit rough each weekend as a result.

I am giving myself 2 months to get on top of modding, I don't want to fool myself.
    Does that sound reasonable to long termers?
    one day at a time

hi bear i dont normally comment on modding but you seem to be doing ok,my brother has a theory,a lot of us hav little problem just stopping,kind of like what ive been saying all along,i beleive a true alchoholic,cant do that,not from reseach ive been doing of late,,my problem was when i drank id do a binge sort of thing for a day or a few days,does not make me alchoholic, an a s s maybe,we all no if we drink to much,it will alter are personallity,i beleive you mite have the rt idea,wishing you well,if you find it getting away from you,as he advised me,i dont as of rt now,between the drink,train your mind to have a water,number one it will fil the void and at the same time keep u hydrated,simple phylosiphy.right.to most,hope it helps,gyco

Comment

Hi Bear,
      Learning to drink moderately is a learned skill, learned with some trial and error. You set your own criteria for success, make some mistakes but keep trying. For many it just isn't worth the struggle. If you were a daily heavy drinker, I would predict that your chances for success are small. It is easy to set rules for yourself, much harder to learn how to keep to them. Two years later I am still here learning how to drink occasionally. My life is my own again, and has been for now two years, but I still am working on drinking only on special occasions, with friends, or with my husband sharing a dinner out. Having "a drink" by myself at home, or sharing wine with him at home, isn't working because there is always more wine in the house. That weekend habit is a trap, I found. I was not only drinking most Saturday evenings, I found that anticipating that I might or would have something to drink often seemed to cause me to drink more. I usually stopped at three glasses, but a few times I consumed a whole bottle. I DO NOT want that to happen any more. It is such a mind game, and difficult to predict what your alcohol-loving brain will think next.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
      X