Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have gained close to 70 lbs in the last two years! This is horrible. I am now on high blood pressure medication and cannot fit into any of my clothes. I credit this to wine and the binge eating I've done while drinking, stopping working out, depression and a disasterous relationship that went south.

Anyway, got up this a.m. and BP was 129/89 with two meds. I went for half an hour walk and it dropped to 110/76. Yeah, it's hard at this weight but I am determined not to let this AL et.al. keep me down. I will walk for half an hour each day and eat no more than 1500 calories (I hope on the calories). With the two bottles of wine I have been drinking daily, I should be able to lose two lbs a week if I just cut out the wine.

Who wants to join me in my mission? My goal is to remain AF and lose 60 lbs by Christmas AND quit smoking. Any takers?

I am sooooooo with you!

I am heavier now than when I delivered my children. Unacceptable.

My goal is to lose 40 lbs......get off my hbp meds (2 of them), and get my drinking under control (moderation, moderation......).

I joined Curves--do you know of this? I'm shooting for 4 workouts this week plus a hike with my boys. What's your plan for this week?

Looking forward to doing this together!

Sending strength and love.....
    :l
    :h getting better every day

Comment

Hi AnotherDay !

Just wanted to jump in to wish you good luck on your mission. As you can see, just by walking you had lowered your blood pressure :goodjob: And without those 2 bottles of wine, the weight should come off pretty quickly. I'm routing for you. You can do this ! You will feel SO much better !

And Bellinator, good luck to you too. Sounds like a great goal. Hiking is an awesome exercise and lots of fun too !!
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

the bellinator;819188 wrote: I am sooooooo with you!

I am heavier now than when I delivered my children. Unacceptable.

My goal is to lose 40 lbs......get off my hbp meds (2 of them), and get my drinking under control (moderation, moderation......).

I joined Curves--do you know of this? I'm shooting for 4 workouts this week plus a hike with my boys. What's your plan for this week?

Looking forward to doing this together!

Sending strength and love.....
        :l
        Hi bellinator!

I do know of Curves. Good for you! I have a gym membership but haven't gone for quite some time. I may again but my plan is to do the walking first. I too want to get off the medication. I bet if we both lose the extra weight we can. My plan is no wine at all as I drink and then eat too much.

Great, let's do this together and strength and love back to you!

AD

Comment

Sounds like a great BUDDY mission. I'm joining you. I've always walked, hoping that now AF, the walking will bring even more bennefits. I need to lose 50 lbs, all attributed to drinking too much for 4 years. I'm on your mission with you every step of the way!

Comment

Miss October;819309 wrote: Hi AnotherDay !

Just wanted to jump in to wish you good luck on your mission. As you can see, just by walking you had lowered your blood pressure :goodjob: And without those 2 bottles of wine, the weight should come off pretty quickly. I'm routing for you. You can do this ! You will feel SO much better !

And Bellinator, good luck to you too. Sounds like a great goal. Hiking is an awesome exercise and lots of fun too !!
            Thanks so much Miss October. I do hope the weight comes off. I literally have very little to wear. I went to the Goodwill this morning to buy some clothes and did buy a pair of black pants. They are probably too small but cute and I cannot bring myself to wear the right size at this point in time. I am in denial. I've been wearing sweats a lot. I can live with this. I have gone from a 4/6 up to a 16/18 if you can believe it! :upset:

Anyway, it didn't happen overnight and I suppose I won't lose it overnight. Thanks for your support!

AD

Comment

Good Morning AD & All
              Just goy back from my brisk 45 min walk with my big black dog who literally pulls me. She have walked a little more but really needed to use bathroom after early morning coffee.
              I also need to get rid of my size 12/14 clothes. Still have cute clothes in every size all the way down to 0/2. Ha!
              Off to do some yard work/raking before the rain comes today.
              How are you all doing today?

Comment

I am in!

I have put on about 5 kilos in the last 12months..and I am thinking it is all from the drink,depression and thus extra food intake! If anything will make me healthier it is the fact that I have gone up a dress size in 12 months! urgghhh! I did not even do this after the wee chicks were born (so it is all me)!

So therefore,EVEN if i am hungover I shall go for a half hour walk in the morning with the dog! Shall also try and get some other stuff in a couple times per week like Yoga or WiiFit,but for now will be happy with the walking of the dog in the morn! (This is difficult when hungover..but shall be done never-the-less) I shall report in most days!
                Can I be brutally honest and tell you now that I weigh 60 kilos! I have only ever weighed no more than 55 kilos prior to this year.Despite the stress and issues I am now havinbg I am aware that this is not good,i(it's all around the waist and hips-never the boobs *sigh*) so not a good thing healthwise! Therefore I now say..bring it on......!
                Chook *gives a dedicated cluck*

Comment

All.......

Yay us for being determined to change our lives for the better!:goodjob:

Today I'm working out at Curves. I actually have an appointment to customize a workout for me.......looking forward to it. I have another 1/2 gallon of water to drink and I have a banana and a fruit cup for lunch.

Guess what else?? I'm learning to belly dance!!! There is a show on Fit TV called Shimmy, and it teaches you the moves. The show is 1/2 hour long and I can really feel it in my belly. The funny thing......last night I was learning how to "roll" my belly and walk. My husband nearly rolled on the floor laughing at me.:H

I hope everyone has a FIT day!

Love and strength.....

Comment

ChickenNumber3;819851 wrote: I am in!

I have put on about 5 kilos in the last 12months..and I am thinking it is all from the drink,depression and thus extra food intake! If anything will make me healthier it is the fact that I have gone up a dress size in 12 months! urgghhh! I did not even do this after the wee chicks were born (so it is all me)!

So therefore,EVEN if i am hungover I shall go for a half hour walk in the morning with the dog! Shall also try and get some other stuff in a couple times per week like Yoga or WiiFit,but for now will be happy with the walking of the dog in the morn! (This is difficult when hungover..but shall be done never-the-less) I shall report in most days!
                    Can I be brutally honest and tell you now that I weigh 60 kilos! I have only ever weighed no more than 55 kilos prior to this year.Despite the stress and issues I am now havinbg I am aware that this is not good,i(it's all around the waist and hips-never the boobs *sigh*) so not a good thing healthwise! Therefore I now say..bring it on......!
                    Chook *gives a dedicated cluck*
                    Chook.......I'm USA and I don't know how much a kilo is. Can you convert that to pounds??

Thanks! Oh--I weigh 186 pounds Don't know how many kilos that is.

Comment

Hi Bell!
                      I just did the conversion chart thing!
                      As I am not an overly tall person I am 60 kilos or about 132 pounds(lb).But I used to always sit on 54 kilos (alcohol or not),now it just seems to be rising! I am also 36 yrs old *sigh*
                      Chook

Comment

Ya--Chook--I'm 40.....I understand that the older you get the harder it is to get off.

Anyway, I'm so glad we are on this journey. We are making our health our priority--a super step for us.

Love to all

Comment

Bell ~ YAY to the Belly Dancing! I've always wanted to take classes, should have when I was thin. Too embarrased now. Maybe when I lose some weight...sigh!
                          Yesterday I was 168 lbs. Going to wait a few days after AF and some very healthy eating to see if there is any weight loss. Don't want to upset anything right now....

Comment

my belly dances when I walk across the room:H:H:H:H:H
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear,

I vote for you as MWO's "CLASS CLOWN" :clown: You are just too funny !! Keep up that positive energy that you are radiating on this site !!
                              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                              X