Sunday Morning without warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, everyone, this is hopefully going to be my first day of abstinence. Always a hard one, particularly when starting off on the weekend. I guess the first three days will be the hardest but after three days, and 10 days at least physical abstinence is achieved. Then comes the mental part.

Anyway, I guess you guys have been through that phase. I've been through it several times. Just have to keep busy I guess. The worst time is the evenings, when I sit at work and think, aaahh, now I get home and will open a bottle of wine (which I usually finish alone). Not feeling hungover in the mornings, but totally bad about not having succeeded in controling myself. That's the worst about alcoholism, it really undermines your self-confidence.

Well, so much for the Sunday whinge. Hope you guys had a good weekend.

Catch you all later,

Paddy

Regrets are a waste of time? they're just
    the past crippling you in the present.
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Welcome, Paddy. There are people here with varying lengths of sobriety, from 1 day to over a year. You'll find lots of support. Hang in there, keep reading and posting.

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thanks Mike. It's so important to give each other support. The longest I was actually able stay dry was 6 months, and once problems came up, the bottle was the first to look for. It's pretty childish, isn't it. One would expect adults to be more rationals, but anyway. As you were saying in an earlier post, it's easy to put oneself too much under pressure. Better on how to focus on a solution.

Well, my Sunday's nearly over. Going on Monday.

Catch ya. And happy decorating,

Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Good luck, Paddy and welcome!

Hang around here, and hopefully, it will be easier for you!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X