sweet tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet tooth

i am comparitively new to this site after many years of being away from it and looking for some advice ,,,i like a lot of folk on here was hoping to lose weight by stopping drinking and i know not to expect miracles but after 26 days af i have developed a really sweet tooth ,chocolate,cakes ,sweets , juice and more healthily fruit you name it if it's sweet i want it :H anyway as i am already over weight and have an under active thyroid i really can't afford to put on any more weight as it's harder for me to shift it ,,my councillor did say that these cravings will pass but when ??,,i would like to know if anyone else has had this craving and any advice would be more than appreciated

:thanks: mary t

sweet tooth

I keep on hand those strong round candies called IceBreakers sold in round containers everywhere on this side of the pond. They come in many flavors, but most are sweet/sour or minty. Each is only about 5 calories. Also, some find dark chocolate very satisfying, so you don't want to eat a lot of it.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sweet tooth

thanks sunbeam will try dark chocolate and look out for lower calorie sweets x

Comment

sweet tooth

Maryt, all I can say is try and stay away from the sweet stuff if you can.
        I (eventually) did 30 days Sugar Free to help me break my habit -- there is a link in the holistic section if you are interested. One thing that does help is the L-Glut, handy for AL cravings as well as sugar/carb cravings.
        Good luck
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

sweet tooth

Mary T, I'm a sugarholic just as much as an alcoholic. I can totally relate to the cravings you describe, especially right after I gave up booze, but really this happens any time I let a little sugar creep back into my life.

The Mood Cure and The Diet Cure by Julia Ross are really good books that touch on the sugar and alcohol cravings, and the connections between them. Also much on amino acid deficiencies which are talked about in the My Way Out book. You might find one of those books an interesting read.

I am also hypothyroid and have done well on Natural Dessicated Thyroid medication. (the shortage of meds last year in the US was painful, but the medication itself has worked well for me) It's hard to find a doc that will REALLY treat it. (most look at TSH and say "you're normal")

Anyway...all the best to you on your journey.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X