Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when does the craving go away?

hi,

i started taking 50 mg yesterday and my craving is still there. am i being too impatient? i feel like i am so crabby all the time and i even feel like the topamax is making me depressed and manic....(not to too much of an extreme but it is noticeable) has anyone else experienced this?? please...i need some advice and encouragement.

thanks,

saundra

Hi Stellar

Some people are more sensitive to topa than others, but many people don't notice that much of a difference in their cravings until they are over 100 mg of topa. Are you using GABA, l-glutamine and calms forte? You may need more help to settle down while you titrate up on the topa until you get more benefit from it.

Try to be patient. It will work over time. I found a good dose for myself at around 200 mg.

Good luck!

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

where did you get it

Comment

Or what the heck stellar....you could always go for some good ole prozac too. I love that stuff.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

I also found 200 mg to be the dose that really worked for me. I had begun to feel some relief from cravings before then, but when I got to 200 mg it was like a switch flipped in my brain and the alcohol just didn't matter any more. Well, almost didn't matter.

Don't forget about the supplements too -- kudzu can be especially helpful.

I have been feeling a bit manic, but attributed it to adjusting to the lack of alcohol in my system, drinking too much coffee, and being under stress at work. I hadn't considered that it might be a side effect of the topa. Hmmm... think I'll take some calms forte. Need to also cut back on the coffee and drink more water anyway!

Good luck, Stellar. Hang in there.

Mike
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

what is this topa ! what does it do ! and what other suppliments do you take with it,

Comment

Working...
            X