Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wednesday 18th.

wednesday 18th.

Hi from me too. I am on day 3. Had the best nights sleep ever last night. Really good tempered this morning. I have never been this committed to not drinking every night. My goal at the moment is 5 days! Never done that! Then of course the goal post moves to 11, 12, 13 days and so on.

Comment

wednesday 18th.

Hi from me too. I woke up at 1:20 AM and am having a bit of trouble going back to sleep. Thought I'd check round here to see what was going on. Heck, befoe I stopped drinking, I'd sometimes not even be in bed yet, even though I have to work tomorrow. Even if I don't fall back asleep tonight I'll feel tons better than I would with a hangover. (Looking at the bright side here.)

Brigid, did you ever see the Britcom "Absolutely Fabulous"? The way you started off the day reminded me of a saying that Edina (or was it Patsy?) had: "simplicity and ulility." What a hilarious show that was. And those two did soooo much drinking.

Good morning, Helen Mary, and welcome. It's great to have you here with us!
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

wednesday 18th.

Mike
        We are on totally different timescales its 11;20 here mid morning (UK) and I am at work. Absolutely Fabulous is one of my favourate shows, the best one is where Patsy falls out of the car onto the kerb completely pissed!

Has anyone seen the film 28 days with Sandra Bullock, she goes into rehab, good film.

Comment

wednesday 18th.

Popping in to say hello! I love British comedy, haven't seen Absoluety Fabulous, will try to see if we get it here. I've been watching Jeeves it's so silly. I saw 28 days some time ago, it's a good one.
          The sugar craving gets me right before going to sleep at night. Mike you are so right, even if I wake up a bunch of times during my sleep I can smile because I might be tired but that's all.

Comment

wednesday 18th.

Hello everyone:

I think my ear infection is finally starting to clear out. I can hear a few things again out of my left ear. So far so good.

Went on a business trip Monday and yesterday. Went out to dinner with a couple of co-workers at a nice seafood place. One fellow went through 3 glasses of vino, white chard I think. The other, a long standing drinker of legendary proportion goes through about 5 Manhattans in about an hour. I drink ice tea, no sugar. I told them that I have been AF for 10 months, and if they have a problem with it, they can kiss my butt and go to hell. I just have a bit of an attitude about it now, which is probably not good, but these two guys think they are real toughs.

Anyway, surprisingly both said that they admired my willpower and conviction. Who is the real tough guy?
            At least a little maturity and understanding from a place I least expected it. The one drinking the vino asked me to drive back to the hotel, since I was AF. Fair enough. Glad to do it, for everyones sake.

The notorious Manhattan drinker, arrives back at the hotel, and heads straight to the bar. No doubt for several more. The guy knows he is dependent on the juice, but so far does not care to stop or cut back. I tell him about my sobriety, and all he says is "I couldn't do it. No way". End of conversation on that, not my place to preach, as he has seen me falling down drunk on more than one occasion. He's the type that has developed an incredible tolerance over the decades.

So, it's been a rough road, but it's beginning to dawn on me, that the booze road is rougher no matter how unpleasant things in this life may get.

BTW, I picked up a copy of Flight Simulator X today. Just released yesterday. Can't wait to load it up, and see what improvements have been made in the last three years.

Have a better one.

Neil

Comment

wednesday 18th.

Wow, Neil - that sounds like a reality check you had there. I find it good to see these things from time to time, even though it's sad. It reminds me that I never want to go back. It reminds me that, like you said, drinking IS the rougher road.
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
              X