Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Soiree

Just a few quick questions, my dears!

Mike and I were planning a Friday party, and I wanted your feedback. The party will take place in formal dining room at the Mayoral Mansion in Absville, and there will be dancing in the Grand Ballroom.

Would you like to have a sit-down dinner? I'm partial to elegant dinner parties myself, but I am open to suggestions. If people just want to circulate, we can have all the furniture removed and have waiters circulating with elegant h'oeuvres (otherwise known as "finger food) throughout the evening.

Of course, we will have live music. Any suggestions for bands? The sky is the limit here. In fact, we can have several live bands!!! We can do ANYTHING we want in Absville (except drink!:H ) I'll just send out my magic bubble and we can pick up Bono and U2, BonJovi (yummmmm, great eye candy), whoever you want. I'm sure that they will be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to clear their calendars JUST FOR US!

So please post your suggestions. I have some thoughts for menu items (all elegant of course! ), but I'm open for more ideas. Also, any ideas for AF drink suggestions will be much appreciated.

Also, please send suggestions for the starting time based on US Eastern Daylight Time. We want as many to be able to attend as possible!

Hugs and love,

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Friday Soiree

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Planning????? Where's Gabby and Lisa? Mike is into "list"!
    Call me on my cell....I'm off for a day on the town right now! I'll pick up anything you need!

Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday Soiree

Oh my my!!!

Not that I'm superficial or anything, Mike (Fan), but that's quite a tush you have there! When did you morph from Pegasus? :H Oh my, OH MY!! I just realized the FULL IMPACT OF YOUR PICTURE! THE HANDS FREE THING! OMG! You are one strong man! I may have to ban you from this thread for the sake of my sanity! How can I plan a party with such an image of virility before me?? :wow:

Thanks for the nice feedback, Fan!

Kathy:l

Comment

Friday Soiree

LOL, FAN

Well, if you do end up changing it, Fan, I'm sure that I won't forget it! What amazes me is that I didn't even catch it the first few times I saw it. I only saw the butt, but didn't get the rest of it! For a perceptive person, I can be pretty dense sometimes. At any rate, I think it's pretty funny.

Anyway, I must get back to planning the party, but I have to locate my missing co-Mayor, the other Mike!!

Again, thanks for your kind words!! They mean a lot of me. I think your soul must shine, too.

Kathy

PS: I'm not sure why peeps didn't like your Pegasus.

Comment

Friday Soiree

Yay party party party!!!
          Can I help plan????
          I LOVE caramel lattes - yumm - like I need those - they just make me more hyper - hoooray!
          Let me know if I can "do" anything Kath.
          Hello all in Absville.
          Mike, sweety, where are ya?
          Love to all
          Jen
          (by the way - Day 17 - yippeeeee - hey Kath - did you ever get my email???)
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday Soiree

Oh Yes!

Oh Yes, Jen, we will most definitely have a coffee and expresso bar, and with decaf for those who want it, as well. We can have all kinds of wonderful concoctions! Caramel lattes? Yum. Congrats on Day 17, lovey. I did get a few e-mails from you, but they were days ago, love!

Fan, can you go without for a few hours? You REALLY SHOULD get a taste of an AF party. We can really GET DOWN pretty well. We can get quite silly and have a lot of fun. The up side is that we don't get to the point of making idiots of ourselves, we aren't hungover, and we remember all the fun the next day! See if you don't want to give it a try, okay?

Lotsa love!
            Kathy:h

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry I overlooked you. I got very distracted by, ahem, PARTY PLANNING! REALLY!! And now, I am REALLY going to get ready for work .

Comment

Friday Soiree

Hey Kathy
              Mike (fan) is being modest - he has not mentioned that he has been AF since Oct. 5th. We love Fan (Mike). He is one of our favourite newbies (not that we pick favorites of course...)
              Jen.
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday Soiree

A dinner party sounds like an excellent idea....Is it formal wear or fancy dress?
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday Soiree

Either way i'll dust off the tux....I'm a bit of a Jimmy Bond fan.

Comment

Friday Soiree

Ok....what time again?
                    and what cracks me up Kathy is that I didnt notice what you didnt notice either. Tho I am a butt fan...no pun but...oh...no pun again...the other part is ok too. It must be very hard...I mean strong...oh my gosh...I'm outta here. Sittin by Mrs Mack and James at the party. Better yet....Mike, can I sit by you? Probably safe over there. Now that I'm sober I see better and get even more flustered then ever.

How about we have the church choir come to supervise. I mean sing.
                    I am so leaving......I can't even think now. Kathy what did you have to go bringin up all that stuff up for anyhow?
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday Soiree

Jenneh wrote: Yay party party party!!!
                      Can I help plan????
                      I LOVE caramel lattes - yumm - like I need those - they just make me more hyper - hoooray!
                      Let me know if I can "do" anything Kath.
                      Hello all in Absville.
                      Mike, sweety, where are ya?
                      Love to all
                      Jen
                      (by the way - Day 17 - yippeeeee - hey Kath - did you ever get my email???)
                      I think he said he was going to the "salt mines"
                      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Friday Soiree

Sounds like great fun!

I hope we have king crab. :h
                        Mike is the vicinity, maybe he can bring some back when he's done mining salt.

And for dessert, tiramisu is my favorite ... yum, yum, yum.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Friday Soiree

Toffee Cheesecake.....MMMMmmmm ( Homer Simpson voice )

Comment

Friday Soiree

Macks, you asked about what the attire will be.....well you have a lot to live up to when you look at what Fan will be wearing......
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday Soiree

Or not...as the case may be.....impressive work Fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X