PDA

View Full Version : Who wants the MAGIC Diet???? It works!!!

Pages : [1] 2

OverIt2007
April 5th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi All!

I am also on a mission to lose some serious weight!!!! I have lost over 10 pounds in about a month. I have also quit drinking (completely!!! yahoo!) but I do not think that has really affected much of my weight. I have lost weight by working out and eating right.

Ok, YES, I DO have the MAGIC Diet!!! (Well thats what my Doctor called it)

At my doctors visit this is what he told me to do. Along with NO alcohol, I have followed this pretty much to a T. Like I said, I have also lost about 10 pounds in one month.

Do NOT eat these 5 things. Of course, use good judgement in what you eat as well, but DO NOT eat these 5 things.

NO!!!

Sugar
Bread
Rice
Potatos
Pasta

Thats it!!!

I have found yummy sugar free stuff that satisfies me like sugar free jello pudding in dark chocolate, YUMMM. I eat one of these every day and it satisfied my sweet tooth.

I eat fruit in the morning, or eggs (lots of omlets) or Fiber One bran cerial.

I have a nice lunch of protein or veggie, salad whatever. I use no fat free anything, full fat ranch dressing or blue cheese.

I snack on nuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, popcorn and cheese (love cheese!)

I have a nice dinner with protein, veggie or whatever.

I am NOT hungry.

I eat NONE of the things listed above. (Sugar, Bread, Rice, Pasta, Potato)

Good luck with anyone who wants to try it!!

Overit

Doggygirl
April 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Congrats on your 10 pound loss! That rocks! What you are doing is similar to the eating recommendations in the My Way Out book. In addition to aiding in your weight loss, this style of eating (low / moderate carbs, and especially very little processed carbs) will also help keep your blood sugar stable which helps with AL cravings. Double bennie for you!

Life will just keep getting better!

DG

OverIt2007
April 5th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Thank you Doggygirl, your so sweet. You always give good advice too, I even have one of the things you posted in my phone, you know, in case I ever want to go back to that evil stuff.

Wow, your right! My alcohol cravings have went way down. I did not even think about the connection with the two.

I have alot more to lose, but thank you for the encouragement.

Doggygirl
April 5th, 2010, 07:15 PM
The sober life is the good life! It makes so many other things possible like your body re-shaping goals and healthy eating goals! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I just started reading Primal Blueprint which is yet another low carb type book. I am needing some new motivation though, so I'm enjoying another take on this topic. I have some eating disorder issues going back to my teen years that I have realized still brew close to the surface. I need to follow an eating plan that is structured enough to be healthy and keep me within good boundaries, but not SO rigid that it triggers me to go sailing into ED territory. At any rate, this book is a new take on an old topic that I think fits that bill for me.

I need to start a new Abbercisers (exercise) thread - we sort of lost track of that in the Monthly Abstinence section. Come join us if you want to! :b&d:

DG

hiddengoal
April 5th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hey Overit - Great on all your successes! - serious commitment increase motivation, it seems.

I have a question, as I have been eating this way low glycemic way also....What do you do about dairy? Do you drink milk or eat yogurt? They both have a fair amount of sugar, so not sure how they fit in.

Thanks, Hidden

greeneyes
April 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
ditto about the dairy. I wondered about cheese too.

Rags
April 5th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Wow, that has to be the simplest diet I've ever come across! Yep I want to lose some weight, well lots actually, and I started this morning.
I'm allowing myself 2 slices of bread a day at the moment but will cut this out on Wednesday as I then spread it with butter (lots of calories there) and then a spread of some sort (even morecalories). So those 2 pieces of toast probably account for 300 calories or more.
So, with no alcohol (that accounted for over 1,000 calories a day!!), and reduced carb intake, I should catch up to you! Popcorn! That is supposed to be REALLY bad news dietwise.... loaded with fat.

greeneyes
April 6th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I knew someone who followed a similar diet and lost a BUNCH of weight. She didn't eat anything white. In addition to your list, overit, it included milk, dairy, popcorn. I'm not sure about orange cheese. Is orange cheese naturally orange or is something "done" to it?

OverIt2007
April 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Wow, nice to get some posts on this thread :)

Um, to answer the questions on dairy, I do not eat much rather than a little bit of cheese and a little bit of milk on my cerial in the morning. I eat white and orange both, but not much of each. I do not eat yogurt, because it seems most yogurt has lots of sugar and carbs, plus I just do not like yogurt either. Cheese is good because it is very low carb. I suppose just dont go crazy on it, but add it to your salads, eggs. I do.

I was eating eggs almost every morning for about three weeks. Eggs are really good and you can add cheese, veggies, meat because its low carb and high protein.

I guess this diet is really just high protein, low carb. Oh, I eat lots of tuna salad, chicken salad on top of a salad. Eat LOTS of salads!!!

Two things I have always hated doing with ANY diet is counting calories or writting things down. I like this kind of diet because I just instantly know what I can and cannot eat, so therefore once you get started, it just becomes easy. And you can eat at any time as long as you stick to what your supposed to be eating. I like to snack alot, and you CAN if you snack right.

They have these low carb "wraps" in the grocery stores if you really have to make like a sandwich. I would really get rid of any bread at all. These "wraps" are tasty and very low carb.

Im really no expert, but I hope we all have some huge success with our dieting. I look forward to hanging out on this thread more too!

Your right Doggygirl. My life is tons better with the recent changes I've made. I NEVER want to go back to the fat, ugly, lazy, depressed, spiritually empty person I was while alcohol had control of me.

P.S. Im not sure if popcorn is that "good" either, but they have those 100 calorie snack packs. Thats what I eat, so not too much popcorn I suppose.

OverIt2007
April 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
P.S. When I first started this diet (5 weeks ago) I just decided to do what the Doctor had said.

I am NOT a diet expert, so what I did was make an acronym(?) for the 5 things not to eat.

Sugar, Bread, Rice, Potatoe, Pasta My acryonym: Some Boys Run Past Pee Pee (LOL, LOL!!)

Whenever I would go to eat anything... I would think Is this any of those things??????

That way it was really really really simple, and the weight started coming off.

greeneyes
April 6th, 2010, 07:01 AM
The yogurt is full of sugar if it is other than plain. I like plain organic yogurt with chopped fruit, some nuts. For a "desert" I sometimes mix in some jam that is JUST jam. No sugar and no sugar substitute. And the popcorn I eat is regular old popcorn and I use an air popper; not microwave popcorn that has additives. Sort of boring so I could easily do without. I DO eat this sprouted grain product Food For Life Baking Co., Inc. | Sprouted Grain Difference | Ezekiel 4:9? (http://www.foodforlife.com/sprouted-grain-difference/ezekiel-4-9.html) I toast the tortillas and use them like chips for hummus. It borders on addiction :)

OverIt2007
April 6th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Those are great ideas, thanks Greeneyes.

Doggygirl. I wanted to mention something. I, as well, have suffered from an eating disorder for years!! It started around 12 years old, and I still battle with it at 42. I have both bulemia and I have been anorexic at times too, but mainly just the bulemia.

Since I have gotton my alcohol and now, it seems, my food in control (They ARE connected FOR SURE) I can say my bulemia has seemed to have gone away.

I have never seeked any help with my eating disorder, but it seems I have control of it, so I think its going to stay that way.

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Flip Top
April 14th, 2010, 08:35 AM
a carb free diet then, what do you do for energy?

IAD
April 14th, 2010, 08:47 AM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/momoftobus/Funny%20Billboards/Funny%20Signs%20Graphics/ElectricMagicMixer.jpg It's all magic....Ha! IAD

IAD
July 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm60/lisaslite7/small06.jpg So a couple of eye twitches and it's gone ?......Sign me up ! Ha! IAD

Bustedchalk
July 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM
this is called a Keto diet, and is very popular for body builders who are cutting.

here is a link to a forum dedicated to Keto, and Keto Recipes.
Keto Recipes - Bodybuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)

startingover
July 24th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Bumped for Oney

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Gonna try this....well try anyway..

Anyone got any recipes???

startingover
July 24th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Its basically a high protein, low (er) carb diet
If you reduce all the high carb food (ones listed) and increase your protein e.g meat, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, tofu etc it will help you lose weight.
Google will give you loads of ideas

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:14 PM
No chips then....and burgers without the buns??

greeneyes
July 24th, 2010, 03:15 PM
oney eating tofu....:H:H:H:H

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I don't even know what it is, where you get it and how you cook it!

startingover
July 24th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Low Carb Luxury: A Complete Resource for the Low Carb Dieter. (http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/)

Yes I thought twice about that Greeniearse :-)

You got it Oney

KTAB
July 24th, 2010, 03:18 PM
greeneyes;919012 wrote: oney eating tofu....:H:H:H:H
Brilliant :biglaughmonkey:

KTAB
July 24th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Tofu - What is tofu? - How to use tofu - Types of tofu (http://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/Tofu.htm)

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Here Greenie and Ktab..yis will be laughin on the other side of yewr faces when I start making tofu burgers and Hot Dog tofu things and tofu chips deep friend in tofu oil.

Thanks Starty!

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Oooopssss thanks Ktab!

startingover
July 24th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Oh and another thing
Are you still taking your allone? I havent taken it all week and I am noticing a difference in my energy levels.

IAD
July 24th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Overit.....I'm on a magic diet ! Now you see it now you don't ! Ha! Have'nt lost a pound ......Ha! IAD

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I havn't taken it in about 2 weeks Starty and I feel a bit wanky!

LMAO Iad!

Bandit
July 24th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm on the c food diet myelf..c food and eat it..god, only the lonely..starting Mon gals??h

/

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Startin Mon....and startin off easy... lol.

startingover
July 24th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Monday it is :-)

KTAB
July 24th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I am going to get a magnum classic out of the freezer :)

startingover
July 24th, 2010, 03:33 PM
KTAB;919030 wrote: I am going to get a magnum classic out of the freezer :)
Grrrrrrr
I already had one today....and yest, and the day before that and that....and and and.....:H

one2many
July 24th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I am getting a last supper (chipper)

OverIt2007
July 24th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Wow... Look at all the action on this thread... LOL!

I did this diet "pretty" faithfully for 1 or 2 months. It was easy to stay on once you got started. The weight does indeed come off, and you dont really have to try all "that" hard. For sure one of the best diets that I really really liked once I got it going.

I was NEVER hungry and ate very satisfying food! Steak, chicken, cheese, veggies, salad, seafood, fruit!! Lots of Eggs!! Good stuff! Just watch the Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, and Sugar!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

P.S. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT LINKS! GOING TO CHECK THEM OUT!!

Kimberley
July 25th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Bit like Harcombe

Thanks for starting this OverIt. I was doing something similar callled The Harcombe Diet. The Harcombe Diet | Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing weight (http://theharcombediet.com/)

It's basic premise is to cut out processed foods and to limit carbs. It is really effective (if you stick to it). A bit like Atkins, it goes in a few phases. In the first, for a week you cut out all the things you mentioned. Then after that, you are supposed to only eat things in their unprocessed state - eg. if you want to have rice or pasta, then it has to be wholegrain (but quite frankly, who wants that, so you may as well cut it out altogether!!) And rather than drinking orange juice, you eat an orange (or juice your own).

Another rule is that in a meal, you never mix carbs with fats - based on the fact that the only food in nature which does this is the avacado, believe it or not. All other natural foods predominantly consist of one or the other. So for example, if you wanted to have pasta, you would have veggies with it for a carb meal. And for a fat meal, you could have bacon and eggs together or a steak and salad, seeing as the amount of carbs in most salad veg is negligible.

You aren't supposed to have sweeteners either, because your body can't tell the difference between them and sugar, so it still produces an insulin spike. I have not completely stuck to this as I can't get by without my sugar-free red bull at the moment, but I found when I did cut out diet coke etc, I lost even more weight.

By the way, wholemeal bread is probably out, as i haven't found one yet that doesn't contain sugar.

Anyway, if you really must have something processed, the general rule is you can have it if it has fewer than 4 ingredients in it (not sugar though!) - I have found some sausages like this, believe it or not - lifesaver for snacking.

AND you can eat as much as you like, because it is unlikely you will overeat.

I am going back on this now I have decided to get healthy again. If you want more info pm me as I will be rereading the book soon, since I fell off the healthy eating wagon a while ago and have put some of the weight back on. Well, you will if you have pizza for breakfast!

K x

OverIt2007
July 25th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Wow, thanks for all the great info Kimbery. Im going to bookmark this link you posted.

Seems like lots of people on here really know their stuff! Thats great! Im going to really read what you posted when I get a chance (running late for work)

One thing I know FOR SURE, is that any diet with excessive alcohol in it is NOT GOOD!

My weight would bounce all over the place and eventually the alcohol weight would plant intself into a fat stomach and thighs!

At my last doctors visit, he said "You will never be successful with your weight if you continue to drink". I have finally taken those words as the truth they are!!!

mollyka
July 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Can I join in? Are we startin tomorrow? Just can't imagine what I'm gonna eat without bread, pasta, rice or spuds, - don't mind the sugar so much - anyway will give it a go!
Molly

Bandit
July 25th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Mollyka

A few of us are starting tomorrow, i think, ..not sure myself about the no pasta, bread, spuds or rice..but i am commiting to some type of weight loss plan and exercise..i'm not a great bread eater and i could live without rice but i love my pasta and spuds so will have to wean myself off gradually rather than going cold turkey!

Kimberley
July 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I am starting tomorrow with you guys - well actually I started a couple of days ago but want to stick with you guys to keep the momentum going. I have FINALLY realised that just giving up alcohol is not enough for me. I need to maintain a healthy diet. Going off al always gives me MASSIVE sugar cravings, but the more you give in to them, the more it just perpetuates the cravings for al and sugar. So I'm in - will be doing the same thing as you guys, but also with my Harcombe spin on it. Let's get healthy :)

rubywillow
July 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I use the cabbage/vegetable soup diet for a week, when I want to lose weight quickly. As we get older, the weight builds in ugly places. Lately, I've had a problem eating, and have lost 22 pounds. But that is not the way I want to do it. Today, I forced myself to eat a piece of roast chicken, and several slices of sweet onion. I DO NOT recommend this type of diet to anyone, but usually I eat anything fresh I can find, and love to cook and bake. After my experience with my Mom when she became sick and passed away, I believe as we age a little extra padding is a good thing, especially if we become ill. I've had 2 life-threatening illnesses where I lost 20 to 35 pounds in a couple of weeks. NOT a good thing. Yes we CAN be too thin and too rich!! We just need to be healthy, and that means good foods and exercise.

startingover
July 26th, 2010, 12:08 AM
OK gals, its D Day!
I am going to get on the scales later, and might or might not post my weight :H

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Jeez, Don't think I'm postin my weight, I'm nearly 6 foot tall so even at 11 stone I'm really quite skinny - a lot more than that at the moment me thinks tho!!
Cannot think of ONE thing to eat for my breakfast that doesn't include BRPPS (the 5 forbiddens!) bugger, don't know how long I'm gonna last!
Molly

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 03:51 AM
LMAO Molly....What about boiled egg?

I am still on the coffee contemplating wheetabix.....

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Don't like eggs, hate weetabix - think I'll just have to give up food and before anyone even MENTIONS porridge!!!

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:19 AM
LMAO...A woman after me own heart.....

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I reckon we need OI or Doggy or someone who knows what they're talkin about to tell us what to eat, I'm actually gettin gloomy. Can't wait for the Americans to get up to tell me what to eat tho!!

OverIt2007
July 26th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hey Oney and Mollyka!! Oh Crap Mollyka, I am certainly NO expert, but Ill try!!

You dont like eggs? Not even omlets? How about some fruit, like a banana or something? Ill come up with something for you!

I would like to get my butt in gear too! I have about 10 more pounds to lose, but thats better than the 30 I started with.

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Happy Monday guys! I didn't get up in time for brekkie so I am having a nice steak and salad for lunch. MMMMM - dieting doesn't have to be hell.

Some other options for breakfast for you Mollyka - you don't necessarily have to eat what everyone else eats for breakfast - I don't! In the UK you can get cans of sardines or mackerel in tomato sauce (no sugar), which I sometimes have straight out of the tin. Or sometimes I have kippers in butter - yummy.

Or, more conventionally you could have some plain natural yoghurt or fromage frais with some fruit stirred in - rasperrries or strawberries and maybe a touch of honey to sweeten? Or some bacon with tomatoes and mushrooms if you want to leave the eggs out. Loads of things you can have! :)

OverIt2007
July 26th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I agree with Kimberly! Get creative!!

After my walk this morning, I have leftover fahitas I am having for breakfast. Steak, grilled onions and a little tortilla! Who needs breakfast food, just skip to lunch food??

OverIt2007
July 26th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I found Jello sugar free pudding cups in dark chocolate! They are really yummy and satisfy my craving for sweets and for chocolate!!

OverIt2007
July 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
P.S. I found this website inside of of the links...

Wow! Lots of great recipies here!!! Yumm!!!

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes (http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html)

KTAB
July 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM
If I put on my grass skirt and coconut shell bra can I be the official 'Magic diet cheerleader' for all the lovely ladies taking part? Pretty please can I eh eh?? :happy:

OverIt2007
July 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
He He! You just never know where that ol KTAB will pop up do ya!!! Sure! We could use a diet cheerleader and maybe you could also use a whip on us when we start heading for the donuts and pizza!!

KTAB
July 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
:alf: yeh baby you got it :b&d:

Kimberley
Blimey OverIt - stop mentioning whips will ya? You'll only encourage him!

Kimberley
See! Before I could even post a reply!!!

Bandit
July 26th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Howdy folks

So far today i have had 2 slices of toast and butter:tsk:(couldn't help it), tomato soup for lunch and chicken & salad for dinner, and an apple and a few cups of coffee and tea along the way. Need to drink more water though and do a bit of :baaah:..going back to Curves on Wed when hubby is back and i can get out of the house.

Thanks for the moral support KTAB, enjoy those magnums you have in the freezer :upset:

:h

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hya,
Good idea to post your menu Bandit - we should all do that to give each other ideas. Today I have had:

- Lunch: Steak and salad
- Snack: Wafer thin roast beef with cheese
- Dinner: Tuna mayo salad (not strictly allowed mayo as it has sugar in it, but the one I eat only has a teeny bit as it only has 1.7g of carb per 100g, so not too bad)
- Drinks: 2 cups of coffee, 2 cups of green tea, 1 diet red bull, lots of sparkling water

What did everyone else have??

KTAB
July 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Seeing as you asked.......I have had a big bowl of porridge with a spoon of honey, 2 cups of strong freshly ground coffee and some wholegrain toast with marmite for brekie. For lunch was two sambos with cheese and potato salad on brown and a cuppa tea. Dinner was a greek salad with crusty french bread. Thats a lot of bread isnt it? Oh well I am only the cheerleader and once I can fit into my outfit I am happy :)

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I am not so worried about the bread and stuff, i really want to cut out the junk and the chippers...so I had a GREAT day..

2 cups coffee with sweetners and low fat milk.
2 Wheetabix with low fat milk.
1 banana

Boiled egg
2 Sices of Wholemeal toast.

Bruschetta with vine ripened tomatoes, red onion, peppers and spinich...

Chillgirl
July 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a435/chillgirl_01/HawaiianTime-Danny.jpg

WOW KTAB! :yougo::yougo::yougo:

KTAB
July 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
HEY WHERES ME BRA??????

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Right, I 'fess up. I had huge bowl of muesli (FULL of sugar) and sultanas and full fat milk for brekkie
I had 2 bread rolls with tayto and cheese in one and chicken and coleslaw in the other (Bread and spuds and sugar) and 3 choccies when I came home ( sugar).
Just as well I'm better at givin up the drink than I am at dieting!!
Actually, just thinkin, I've had no rice or pasta - that's good isn't it?!
Molly

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 03:43 PM
:H That's just indecent! Give the man back his coconuts for god's sake!!

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I have never heard of a cheese and potato sandwich - is this an Irish thing then? Molly as long as you're off the booze, that's the most important thing. Diet is definitely second. Not for me however - I wanna get back in my skinny jeans!! ;)

KTAB
July 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Molly your a gas woman, thats some diet :)

Kim potato salad is just boiled chopped potatoes in mayonaise with chopped onion and parsley.

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I didn't have potatoes with the cheese, I had tayto with the cheese - you call them chips in America. I'm gettin hungry again.
Molly

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I have also had a small fudge bar and a pk of crisps and and can of fanta.

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 04:33 PM
God I'm so confused!! I know what potato salad is Ktab (loooove it)! Just never heard of eatin it in/with a sandwich. Molly, I'm from London not the US, but still confused!! Guess it's crisps then?

I also got hungry after reading all this. Thank god I have none of the bad stuff in my cupboard - although in cases of extreme sugar cravings in the past, I have shamefully raided my housemates' cupboards for biscuits and had to leave a note saying I'd buy them some more after polishing off the entire packet :-O

But no, I have had a nice can of sardines in tomato sauce - what a goody-goody eh? Not as nice as cake though...

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Oney!! Have you written that in a light colour in the hopes that none of us will read it. A fudge bar??!! Oh the shame! How small was it? Hmmmm? Am I the only one taking this seriously?! ;)

Bandit
July 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
:wow:
I saw it too Kimberley, and here's me fainting with the hunger from no spuds while everyone else is knocking back crisps, rolls, potato salad, cans of fanta and fudge bars like there's no tomorrow:bigcry:

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hey LOOK closely at my other stuff I ate....I am a feckin SAINT...

Honestly I am in comparison to my normal diet I am Mother Theresa.

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 04:48 PM
It's disgraceful isn't it? And I bet Ktab is saving a Magnum for a midnight snack as well! Tsk tsk!

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM
As I once said to a friend of mine Oney, adding a salad to a massive bar of Dairy Milk does not mean you didn't eat a massive bar of Dairy Milk. Go and stand in the corner and think about it!

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 04:52 PM
AAhh Oney - I knew it all sounded too healthy! Kimberoo - I didn't have any potato salad at all at all -KTAB causing trouble that's all that's about - sorry thought you were in America - yep crisps, King actally not tayto just found the empty packet in my bag 192 calories. Bet you had crisps as well Bandy, you're sounding too innocent!!
Kim, I'm goin to be more serious tomorrow, promise
Molly
I have a ginger cake in the kitchen - just saying

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Kimbo, take a look at this

2 cups coffee with sweetners and low fat milk.
2 Wheetabix with low fat milk.
1 banana

Boiled egg
2 Sices of Wholemeal toast.

Bruschetta with vine ripened tomatoes, red onion, peppers and spinich...

NEVER EVER EVER would I normally eat this, my usual diet would be.

No breakfast

Hot dog and chips.

More chips and curry sauce
2 doughnuts (with icing)
2 pks crisps.
Diet Coke
45 Haribo's

I am bleedin THRILLED with meself lol!

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Bet Mother Teresa didn't eat fudge bars

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
it was a very very small fudge bar,,ya know a finger of fudge.the Cadburys one..

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:55 PM
mollyka;920227 wrote: Bet Mother Teresa didn't eat fudge bars
Calcutta didn't stock them, she had the Indian ones..

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 04:56 PM
She was well skinny but

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 04:56 PM
one2many;920226 wrote: Kimbo, take a look at this

my usual diet would be.

No breakfast

Hot dog and chips.

More chips and curry sauce
2 doughnuts (with icing)
2 pks crisps.
Diet Coke
45 Haribo's

I am bleedin THRILLED with meself lol!
I love the fact you throw a DIET coke into all that ;)

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
mollyka;920232 wrote: She was well skinny but
:H:H:H

I have spit Fanta all over the keyboard laughing.

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Kimberley, you have just reminded me there is a packet of you in the press..WAITING for me.... :(

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I keep having to google all your Irish foods!! I didn't realise I was a biscuit - I'm sorry! I'm not very tasty honest...don't eat me!

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Oh but you are, you are gingery and spongy and yummy....

I might have an apple. :(

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Would it help you stick to the diet if I changed my name to Jason or something? That's not a brand of ice cream or something is it??

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM
LMAO...I am munching an apple now....thanks hon xx

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hehe this thread has cheered me up a lot tonight. Glad you managed to bypass the biccies :)

mollyka
July 26th, 2010, 05:24 PM
reckon the biccies are for afters:H:H

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Molly is right ...ditched the apple after 3 bites and ate 6 kimberleys.....

Fatty bum bum.

Chillgirl
July 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM
one2many;920253 wrote: Molly is right ...ditched the apple after 3 bites and ate 6 kimberleys.....

Fatty bum bum.
maybe we need a confessions thread!!
today I ate a whole 300g box of toblerone minis

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 05:42 PM
LMAO......I love them!

Bandit
July 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM
:shocked:
saw that too ladies..i might be asleep but i can hear the sound of the crinkly sweetie & biccy wrappers from here
I had a tiny chocolate milksake (with cream and hundreds & thousands)

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I had 8 foam bananas just now..

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Can't get away with it like that Oney - I know you had some foam bananas...Don't ask me how I know, I JUST DO!

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Kimberley;920264 wrote: Can't get away with it like that Oney - I know you had some foam bananas...Don't ask me how I know, I JUST DO!

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh caught by the short and curlies!!

Kimberley
July 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Right all, I am off to bed now. Thanks for giving me a good laugh tonight. And tomorrow I expect everyone to be taking this a bit more seriously! (only a bit mind)

Night,
K x
ps zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mmmm cookie dreams.......

one2many
July 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Nighters Kimbo and thanks for the giggles too xx

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Ok lads, whats for breakfast? Just had 2 cups of tea - working in the wild wolly west today with no shops except one that sells sweets biccies and breakfast rolls

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Mollymoo, I am only in my 3rd sip of coffee but I shall be strong and have me wheetabix...

DO NOT go into the breakfast roll shop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIWKA_h12Q[/video]]YouTube - The Jumbo Breakfast Roll - Pat Shortt (http://[video=youtube_share;EIIWKA_h12Q)

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 04:56 AM
One mug of tea, one mug of coffee and weetabix so far, off for another mug of coffee

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Had me wheetabix too but with fat milk.

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Me too

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Is this what you guys call effort?? Dear oh dear - I have had a cup of coffee so far and my flatmate is offering to cook us up some bacon and eggs :)

spuddleduck
July 27th, 2010, 06:33 AM
ive just been reading through this thread. im not actually doing it but curious. how can you eat things like cheese and bacon and stuff and lose weight. it certainly sounds like its working but i cant understand how.
im a huge fan of popcorn. if you pop your own, not the packet stuff, i thinks its fine. just add a bit of seasoning. i found a site about popcorn and different things to add to make it yummy. unfortunately i tend to add butter to it so that heaps on the calories but i do still like it with just a bit of salt and pepper. good luck to you all

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Had a hotdog...well 2 frankfurters in a bun...but had no chips thoi and no coke..had water...

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hi Spuddle,
Basically it's a ketogenic diet based on the fact that it takes more energy to burn fat than it does to burn carbs. Also it is NOT fat which makes you fat - it is insulin. Insulin is not released by the body when you eat fat - only when you eat carbs. Any energy not used up from carbs is stored as body fat whereas energy from fat is not (unless you eat the fat with carbs, which means the fat does get stored as fat if you don't use the energy). It's to do with glycogen etc. That is a very basic, loose outline - if you want to know more google 'ketogenic diet' or Atkins or Harcombe.

My flatemate was too lazy to make bacon n eggs in the end, so I have just had a nice steak with tenderstem brocolli and green beans for lunch -YUM! Well done Oney, this is PROGRESS girl! Just DROP THE BUN and move away from the biscuits... ;-)

OverIt2007
July 27th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Hey all!

Hope everyone meets their diet goals today! I didnt do so great yesterday, but am going to try to do better today! I have 10 pounds to lose, but I already lost around 15 doing the same diet you are all talking about. It does get easier once you get into the routine of it.

I have always hated counting calories. When you do this diet as long as you reach for the stuff you are supposed to, you lost weight, eat as much as you really want, and never count calories. I like that!!

spuddleduck
July 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Kimberley;920512 wrote: Hi Spuddle,
Basically it's a ketogenic diet based on the fact that it takes more energy to burn fat than it does to burn carbs. Also it is NOT fat which makes you fat - it is insulin. Insulin is not released by the body when you eat fat - only when you eat carbs. Any energy not used up from carbs is stored as body fat whereas energy from fat is not (unless you eat the fat with carbs, which means the fat does get stored as fat if you don't use the energy). It's to do with glycogen etc. That is a very basic, loose outline - if you want to know more google 'ketogenic diet' or Atkins or Harcombe.

My flatemate was too lazy to make bacon n eggs in the end, so I have just had a nice steak with tenderstem brocolli and green beans for lunch -YUM! Well done Oney, this is PROGRESS girl! Just DROP THE BUN and move away from the biscuits... ;-)
thanks, interesting stuff. one of the reasons why i dont diet (apart from just cutting back) is because im diabetic and inject insulin so this wouldnt apply for me. kinda makes sense that you are actually using energy to burn the fatty food. hope it works

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Hya OverIt -care to confess? You can do it in light-coloured writing to make it less obvious. I have just had a nice treat of strawberries and cream - both allowed :)

Spuddle, you should really take a look at The Harcombe Diet designed by Zoe Harcombe. Her brother was an insulin-reliant diabetic, which is what first got her interested in the whole thing. In ye olden days before insulin injections were available diabetics had to eat a virtually carb-free diet to control their condition. It is therefore possible, as with Zoe's brother, to actually cut down on the amount of insulin you need to inject by cutting down on carbs.

However, if you are interested in doing this, you MUST consult and work with your doctor on this. But I would think (s)he should be supportive if your goal is losing weight and eating healthier foods. Worth a bit of research if you're interested and serious about shifting some pounds.

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Had my ALLONE ina banana smoothie..I am a feckin healthy bleedin fecker..I am bloody glowing with vitality and wellness...

Ahe, er yeah..

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
ya still glowin Oney? I'm gonna have turkey and veg and carbfree spuds ok? just a teeny bit of mint choc when I got in from work (reeeely teeeeeny)

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Heya guys, I am feeling like a bit of a pig - despite only eating the good stuff. I only just managed to squidge into my denim shorts this afternoon to go to the supermarket. I stocked up on very healthy food - am even ditching the fruit for a week from now to get rid of the sugar cravings. Just salads, fish, meat and some dairy.

But when I got home, I found I had bought so much bleedin salad I couldn't fit it all in my space in the fridge. So even though I wasn't even very hungry, I decided to 'eat' some space into the fridge. Had some roast beef and half a cucumber. Shouldn't feel too bad by tomorrow as it shouldn't get stored as fat but right now I feel like me shorts are going to burst!

I really want to go out for a long walk but it's sooooooooooooooo humid and looks like it's about to rain at any moment. Argh! Maybe I will hula hoop for a bit to make myself feel better. Yes I am 30 and I still hula hoop - What of it?! (By the way, I hope the talk of hula hoops didn't bring on any crisp cravings...)

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Well Kimbo, just had my turkey and green beans and courgettes and just a little spud, I couldn't live without spuds so I think I'm a failure (actually there was a little bit of stuffin with the turkey) but I'm not eating anythin at the moment!! Surely roast beef and loads a cucumber is really brilliant or am I missin somethin?

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Lmao..you had to EAT room in the fridge lol..Classic!!

I had roast potatoes, lamb chops, marrofats and carrots.

2 Mikado bickies

Where will I get an adult Hula hoop?

startingover
July 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I only ate about 10 toffees today
BUT I am about to have a quorn burger :H

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah Molly it is good stuff to eat, but I hate eating when I'm not hungry and eating more than I need - been doing that a lot and smoking more since stopping the al after my last horrendous binge.

It's a pain - I need to lose a stone really to be happy and fit into the clothes that I wore before I broke my blinkin ankle a couple of years back. I'm not really big but have never entirely lost the weight I put on from being bedbound for 6 months. I am missing half my wardrobe!!

Your dinner sounds pretty good! Never mind if you can't totally give stuff up - better to cut down than not to bother at all. I am not referring to anyone in particular here ;)

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 01:16 PM
No special place to get an adult hula hoop - I just go into toy shops for this sort of thing and pretend I am buying it for a kid.

Bit like the obsession I developed with The World Cup Panini sticker book. A couple of weeks back I bought 50 packs of stickers - and claimed they were for my 'nephew'. The shame. I don't even HAVE a nephew.

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
2 crisp sandwiches around lunchtime (hubby's fault for bringing home crisps for the kids)

One of those pink & white biscuity wafer things which i don't even like but again hubby's fault as he bought them for me being on a diet, bless

Dinner was chicken curry and salad, no rice

3 Mr. Freezes and a dose of Kudzu to ward off cravings brought on by the bottles of ale and mead he brought home that are now sitting in the frig. At least i wouldn't be mad on either of them, wine now would be a diff story alltogether.

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
:H:H:H I'm better than you Oney!! Go to the pound shop - they have adult hoola hoops. Whats a quorn burger? Bet its real good for you?!
Kimbers, I lost a couple of stone since I gave up the booze so I'd be happy to stay where I am but am scared it'll drift back on cos I like how I am now -sort of!

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Kimberley;920636 wrote: No special place to get an adult hula hoop - I just go into toy shops for this sort of thing and pretend I am buying it for a kid.

Bit like the obsession I developed with The World Cup Panini sticker book. A couple of weeks back I bought 50 packs of stickers - and claimed they were for my 'nephew'. The shame. I don't even HAVE a nephew.

I tried using my daughters but it is a cheap ass one and too light...in other words I cannot do it...

KTAB
July 27th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Top marks for Starty on the quorn burger, not sure about the bag of toffees. Looks like you ladies are all doing well with the exception of the odd little bag of crisps, bickies, fudge bars etc etc.....

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
This is the funniest thread going...

I HATE those pink and white wafer things too Bandy..

PMSL at the panini Stickers.

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Quorn burgers are Arthur FOWLER...totally poxi...Linda Mc Cartneys ones are anyway...the cat would not eat it.

KTAB
July 27th, 2010, 01:28 PM
You probably overcooked them, they can go like rubber.

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Now this is really sad, but such is my love of hula hooping that I have actually got a special one which is filled with water, so it is heavier.It's called a Wave Hoop. If you can find one it might work for you Oney. Oh my god, I can't believe I just admitted that....

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
They were pox ridden...didn't even taste like burgers...

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Kimberley;920650 wrote: Now this is really sad, but such is my love of hula hooping that I have actually got a special one which is filled with water, so it is heavier.It's called a Wave Hoop. If you can find one it might work for you Oney. Oh my god, I can't believe I just admitted that....
COOL!! I think that would work...the one I have was only 2 euro so it is of the lightest plasic, would blow away in the wind....where will I get one?

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Think I got mine at Toys R Us but I guess maybe ebay or amazon might have them as well. I :h my Wave Hoop!

startingover
July 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
It was yummmmm
Are we hula hooping too?

KTAB
July 27th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Come on Oney fess up, the only hula hooping you will be doing is the ready salted ones that come in a bag :H

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM
LMAO, you are right Ktab but all that is about to change...

KTAB
July 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Good for you :wd:

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM
when?
I like salt and vinegar ones

KTAB
July 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM
But cheese and onion ones are just wrong.....

Kimberley
Right guys I am off for a walk - in shorts and a t-shirt but with an umbrella. Damn weather! If I find when I get back that there has been any naughty piggying going on, there will be trouble! ;) See y'all later.

K x

one2many
2moro...no actually tonight gonna do some yoga.

one2many
Laters Kimbo xx

KTAB
Just dont blame me is all ok? Enjoy your walk.

SKendall
July 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM
This is a great thread!

I have been eating way too much sugar now I'm not having it in wine and I was shopping with my daughter last week, she looked in my cart and said mom! what are you eating?

Just a chocolate cake, cans of soda, ice cream, starburst candy and milky ways!

Anyway, the sugar makes me feel like crap, so I'm trying to eat more superfoods. I am eating quinoa with milk and maple syrup in the a.m., with maybe blueberries or other fruits. Had a lovely spicy mango salad for lunch, possibly addictive.

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hey SK, great to have you here.

God your diet sounds fantastic...I think I could do blueberries....never tasted mango!

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Hey Skey, wots quinoa?

spuddleduck
July 27th, 2010, 04:16 PM
ive got a pink hula hoop and i just cant do it. just wobbles past me bum and down to my ankles. is it because its light or have i lost the technique i had as a child.
i recently had a go at skipping, cant believe how outa puff i got..... used to do it for hours as a kid... o my how the years of abuse have taken their toll..... dont suppose still smoking helps with the huffing and puffing

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Hey all,

I just went for a two and a half hour walk - I'm such a goodie goodie. Nah not really, I love doing it - used to do 5-hour walks before I injured my ankle. Motivation is sometimes a problem, but once I'm out there, music on and doing it, it feels great. Saw the most beautiful sunset as well. And it stopped me eating and smoking quite as much :) Has anyone anything to confess since I've been away? Hmmmm?

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Wow Kimbo..fair play girl ,thats great..I am gonna do some yoga before bed and do my long walk tomorrow wit my ipod.

I am REALLY hungry now..I have to eat something...

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I bought a skipping rope that counts yer skips, I am gonna do that tomorrow too Spudz.

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah I'm hungry too after all that! Are we going to have a healthy snack Oney?

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 05:07 PM
YES!! I am eating popadoms and hummous!

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Them there pomadoms and hummous wouldn't have come as a side order for an oul indian takeway would they??

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM
It could be worse. I have just had some lovely Kabanos sausages - only ingredients: Pork, salt, black pepper, Caraway seeds, nutmeg and preservative. Great for snacking, ready-to-eat. I get them from our local Morrissons - brand name Morliny. YUMMY!!!!

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Oh Bandit - you have no faith!! ;)

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Those sausages sound delicious..i have never heard of them before

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Kimbo, your not my pain in the arse sister are ya? she walks for hours and eats lettuce

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Nope, in a pk..and the hummous is organic!!!!

I wonder if they have thoise sausies in Tescos??

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:20 PM
They're lovely - another thing I sometimes eat for breakfast as there is nothing bad in them!! You can microwave them as well - sometimes I do this and dip them in mustard - yummy :)

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Haha Molly, believe me I am not always this good. But I am determined this time that I need to sort the diet and extra weight out so I feel better about myself over all.

Oney never seen this brand anywhere but Morrissons - but worth asking in your local supermarket. They are a lifesaver for snacks.

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Oh looks like you might be able to get them at Tesco. This is they:

Morliny Polish Kabanos Sausages (6 per pack - 150g) in Tesco | mySupermarket (http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Deli_Meat/Morliny_Polish_Kabanos_Sausages_6_per_pack_150g.ht ml?BannerID=27&AffiliateID=94852&AffiliateName=Ciao+UK&AffiliateBannerID=0&utm_source=AffiliateWindow&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=94852)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Sittin' here wit toasted cheese sandwich, nearly didn't own up - dis is as bad as hidin bottles!!!

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Nice one Kimbo..I can gonna try get them 2moro.

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I have opened a box of cadburys heroes but I will only eat 2.

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
me too, Tesco near the wild west work place,night all

mollyka
July 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Ha Oney, knew you were bein too good!!! bet you'll have more than 2

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Which 2?

Night Molly, hope the cheese don't give you nightmares :-O
K x

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Don't worry One2..there is scientific evidence to prove that a fat arse is actually good for your health
A Healthy Bum - Wellsphere (http://www.wellsphere.com/healthy-living-article/a-healthy-bum/945619)
Unfortunately, i am not Sir Mix a Lots dream girl as all my pudge is firmly stuck in the middle and my arse is not one that you can park your bike into and rest your pint of guiness on:upset:

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:43 PM
So it's not even useful Bandit? Shame. My bottom is not especially large, but it does appear to be a bit bouncy - I believe a hamster or perhaps even a small guinea pig could use it as a bouncy castle in an emergency...

one2many
July 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
My arse is much better than it was..rounder and shite..

I had the fudge and the caramel one..

Bandit
July 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
LMAO Kimberley..lets not go there..my bum has come in handy at times and has been admired by many, it was a bit of a looker in its day (god don't u hate that phrase)..but as for rodents using it for entertainment purposes that thought has only rather disturbingly come to mind just now..god i'm definitely stepping up this diet tomorrow:H:H:H:H

Goodnight folks:h

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hehe night Bandit K x

SKendall
July 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM
MollyK, quinoa pronounced keenwa is an ancient grain which is a complete protein. It looks a little like couscous but has a nicer and nuttier flavor. It's also a superfood and eaten in a salad, etc. keeps up energy levels.

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Oney, are you a Fudgeaholic? See I probably woulda traded that fior the Eclair, although I completely agree with the selection of caramel :P

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 06:00 PM
SK, I bought some of that Quinoa a few years ago and had to chuck it out as it went off before I worked out what to do with it!! Any other tips?

Kimberley
July 27th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Anyways I am off to beddy-byes so will read more of you guys tomorrow. Sleep well all, K x

sick of being sick
July 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Great thread! We "gals over 50" are on a mission to lose weight, too. Got a question, overit. Are you exercising to lose that much weight? I am a diabetic so I never eat sugar or carbs, except fruit. I actually live on salads, fruits and vegetables, but do no exercise and am gaining about a pound every other month! Any advice for me? Best of luck to all of you! Love, Vicki

SKendall
July 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hi Kim, you may want to google it. It is very versatile and restaurants are serving quinoa salads in London for the "power" people who need energy for long days.

I love it. You cook it like rice, one cup quinoa to 2 c. water - but rinse it first.

SKendall
July 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
P.S. I'll been Greenie has some recipes.

OverIt2007
July 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hi Vicki!

Yes, I do exercise at least 3 times a week. I take my doggie for a walk somedays, and other days when time allows, I will go to the gym.

For as much as I workout, I would think I would be in better shape, but I blame my parents bad genes for my shape!

Hows everyone doing??? Vicki, can you add in some exercise??? Even a brisk walk 2 or 3 times a week??

I did so BAD today!!! I ate everything under the sun and then some. :upset:

Well, going to try to do better tommorrow!!

KTAB
July 28th, 2010, 02:10 AM
:yougo: GO GIRLS :yougo:

Dont be worrying about your :moon: I am sure they are all lovely. Now repeat after me when you see choccies, bikkies and breakfast rolls you are to go :yuk: :no:
Now go get some quinoa and fresh veg into yis. Oh and I want to see more talk of workouts and exercise ok :goodjob:

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Ktab, y'oul perve ya!!

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Bacon and egg sambo....on WHITE bread and egg done in bacon fat.

Hanging offense :(

Was bleedin lovely tho...

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Just went to Dunnes an got low fat milk!! First time in my life - just had big bowl of muesli (sugar) and sultanas and LOW FAT MILK

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hya guys,
For brekkie I have had a cup of coffee, a cup of green tea and scrambled eggs made with cream and butter, bacon and fresh tomatoes. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Yummy and satisfying.

Molly, stuff doesn't necessarily have to be low fat - unless you are eating it with carbs (which you were, so good choice). Don't think you have to avoid fat like the plague - just eat it separately from carbs (sugar, bread etc) :) See Oney, you coulda had the bacon and eggs and that's fine - tis the bread that's the problem.

SK thanks for the advice- I'll look into it.
K x

OverIt2007
July 28th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Good Morning All!

Im glad we have Kimberly here, she really knows her stuff!

I went off the deep end yesterday bad. Luckily I got on the scale and no weight gained over it WHEWW!!

Ok, Im in for today!!! Gonna have a good low carb day!!

P.S. And I have a new boyfriend :) :) :)!!! I gotta look good for him, and there is some motivation for me!!

Do good today everyone!!!

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Hey OverIt,

Good luck for today's eatin!! Glad you didn't gain anything from yesterday. It sounds like you've been sticking to the diet quite well, so usually if this is the case a 'cheat day' here and there will not matter - in fact it kind of keeps your body and its metabolism on its toes.

This is also why it is important to vary your food as much as possible. I am a bit rubbish at this actually - lack of time and imagination! So have veg and meat one day, salad and fish the next, a stew the next day, omelette the next etc. It makes sure your metabolism doesn't get sluggish as it gets used to processing the same old things.

I know quite a lot about nutrition. After I broke my ankle and put on about 2 stone, I could not figure out why, even though I was eating very little, I couldn't lose much weight and I was always hungry. So I read and read and researched into the science rather than the traditional 'diet' books. It's interesting stuff - I managed to lose a stone (then went back to drinking and poor diet). But now I am off the al, I feel quite well equipped to lose the final stone.

By the way, congrats on the new fella! Hope it is going well :)

K x

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Hiya guys.....OI....does he have a hairy chest?? Does he does he.....can't beat a hairy chest!

I really don't want to actually physically DROP wight, would be happy to stay at 7 stone 4 but i don't want to put any more on ....so I can cheat (a bit)

I really need to step up the exercise tho...

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Seven stone 4??!! What are you - a gnome?? How can you eat like that and still only be that weight? It's not fair!!!

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM
For tea I have just had a lovely Italian salad with fried salmon steak, topped with a touch of melted cream cheese and some dill - delishus!! Plan another mammoth walk today if I can although I also have to clean the house :-( so it may not be as long as yesterday.

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I am only 4 foot 10 Kimbo...

I have actually put on 8 pounds since I went off the fags.I was only 6 stone 10 and a waif.

You have been very good today...I am eating a home made burger.

startingover
July 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Kimberley;921220 wrote: Seven stone 4??!! What are you - a gnome?? How can you eat like that and still only be that weight? It's not fair!!!
LMAO!!
Too funny

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
one2many;921294 wrote: I am only 4 foot 10 Kimbo...

I have actually put on 8 pounds since I went off the fags.I was only 6 stone 10 and a waif.

You have been very good today...I am eating a home made burger.
Oh so you are a gnome then ;) That's still pretty light isn't it? I daren't give up the fags - I might :balloon: !

:wd: on the homemade burger - that's really good :)

ps sorry I have been cleaning the house so needed a slurry of emoticons to cheer me up...honest you shoulds seen our sink - euuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhh!

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I got quite a bit of housework done today too, delgihted it is done.
So I celebrated with ice cream and crushed Flake!

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hmmmmm.....For my celebration I will look up on the net how many calories are burned by cleaning out a cat litter tray and calculating how much difference this will make to the width of my hips ;)

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Kimberley;921313 wrote: Hmmmmm.....For my celebration I will look up on the net how many calories are burned by cleaning out a cat litter tray and calculating how much difference this will make to the width of my hips ;)

OverIt2007
July 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hello you crazy ladies,

Im on quick home break from work... Thought I would post what I have ate so far today (sorry if boring)

I had 2 hard boiled eggs/ 1 slice bacon

Lunch 5 Shrimp with cocktail sauce.

Dinner is going to be Thai spicey Chicken with some fruit

Doing good so far today!! Loads better than yesterday! How you all doing???

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
That sounds yummy! I am still working up to going for a walk. Had a snack of lettuce wrapped in honey roast ham to try and motivate me...I better go soon as it's nearly 9pm here.

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I've had muesli sultanas an mild (low fat)
2 slices brown bread half banana
another 2 slices brown bread half banana
a apple
2 mandarins
Not really what I'm supposed to eat but I don't really eat a lot of meat and stuff
oh and 3 silvermints

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
even 'milk'

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
3 silvermints...pmsl!

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
wots pmsl? is there sugar in it?

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM
pissin meself laughin!

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Ha, love it, wot you eatin now?

one2many
July 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Nowt, have a sick tummy...well I think I have, well I am not sure, I chugged down my ALLONE in an Actimel, so not sure if it was that. My friend across the roads kids have a stomach bug and she was in my house today and I am terrified that I caught it as i have a phobia about stomach bugs and puking....due to having a really bad one a few months back.
So I dunno if I am thinking about that and makingmyself feel sick or whether I really am sick or whether it was the ALLONE.

Hope I am making sense.

mollyka
July 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM
You'd hardly be sick already from your woman, I'd say that'd take longer. Best go to bed with a bucket tho!
mind urself an see you tomorrow x

Kimberley
July 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hi all,

Only just got back from my walk - next time I won't leave quite so late! Busy day tomorrow but I will catch up with you all as and when. Hope everyone had a good day overall. Oney I hope you feel better soon!

Night all, K x

mollyka
July 29th, 2010, 01:11 AM
How you today Oney? Hope you ok an back on your 'diet'!!

OverIt2007
July 29th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hey Guys!

Well, I did "pretty" good yesterday. I did cave in and have a little bit of sweets.

Ok, its a new day, lets get on track and have a good diet day!!!!

Ya'll IN???

one2many
July 29th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Bad Bad Bad Bad so far.....crisps and a chocolate bar so far today..busy busy but will try make up for it later.

OverIt2007
July 29th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Just get back on board Oney!!

LOL LOL I JUST HAD A FUNNY THOUGHT! It seems since we seem to have "beat" the alcohol monster, now we tackle the Food Monster! This is just like ODAT thread! We can do it!!!

As long as we keep the alcohol monster away, we can easily beat the food monsters!!!!

Kimberley
July 29th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Ello guys,

Just a quick one as I have to finish cleaning the house before showing potential new flatmates round. So far today - I had an omelette with onions, peppers, ham and cheese for brunch and have just had a lovely pork chop with green beans and brocolli. One cup of coffee and one Red Bull so far but I will be having another Red Bull shortly i think. Have done a fair bit of walking as I had errands to run today. Will catch you all later. Hope you're feeling better Oney.

K x

Bandit
July 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi there

My internet is acting up so haven't been able to log on

Heading off for a few days hols so i will try to be good;)

Hope all are well and not eating too much crap, I have been ok, not great but ok

Talk to you all next week when i get back
:h

one2many
July 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Howiyis,

Not fantastic eating today but it was a stressful day, will be better tomorrow. I did skip for 15 mind tho and will head out with the dog shortly for a long walk.

Hope you are ok Bandy, you sound down hon x

mollyka
July 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Helloo, Overit, this is much harder than the booze - at least with it we just have to give it up, this is so complicated!!
Ok, I think I need a bread diet.
Today - 2 slices brown toast spread and marmalade
1 slice brown toast spread and marmalade
2 bread rolls bbq salmon
choccie biccie.................not full so prob have something else BUT, someone at work said I looked thin YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimbo, you put us to shame, actually Oney you sound a bit good??
Bandy, have a good hol an bugger the diet - you can always loose weight when you come back

one2many
July 29th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I am getting a chipper..DO NOT try to stop me.....I just have to...

mollyka
July 29th, 2010, 04:10 PM
be strong Oney - watch big brother instead!! (I have just one turkish delight in fridge)

one2many
July 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Ia watching BB...But getting a snatch box to... :)

Kimberley
July 29th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Well, well, well - see what happens when I am busy for the day! You're all having a massive carb party behind me back!

Actually I had MASSIVE sugar cravings today - think it's cos I've ditched the fruit as well for the time being. I thought I was just hungry so had another pork chop but I realised I wasn't feeling satisfied due to lack of sugar. So I just went on a long walk - bleeding feet is preferable to sitting here feeling that craving gnawing at me. But I can't give in otherwise I will have to eat M&Ms every day for the rest of my life - like I did the first time I gave up the booze. Two cinema-size packets. Every day. :eeks: Yes really.

mollyka
July 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
So I haven't been good then? I'm better than Oney - she's snatchin boxes

one2many
July 29th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I had no bread tho!! yeah me!! I have now got a penchant for feckin M&M's,couldnt eat that many tho Kimbo lol.

mollyka
July 30th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Bet ya had a bun in your snatch box

KTAB
July 30th, 2010, 02:04 AM
I am saying nothing but you gals are only getting one :cheering: today as I suspect there has been some :licked: going on. Now if you want some :kudos: we will need to see some improvements, thats all. Signed your official cheerleader.

mollyka
July 30th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Not fair Ktab, its all Oneys fault, she calls things funny names so we don't know what she's eatin:H:H:H

one2many
July 30th, 2010, 03:52 AM
I will take full responsibility lol...I got a snack box (snatch box as son calls it and does not realise what he is sayin)

That is chicken and chips in a box...no bread...gonna be VERY good today....just need a coffee to wake up!

Kimberley
July 30th, 2010, 04:13 AM
So far today I have had half a stick of celery - you happy now Ktab??! Actually I only just woke up, so I doubt that is all I will have eaten by the end of the day ;)

OverIt2007
July 30th, 2010, 06:35 AM
YES SIR MASTER KTAB!!!

OVERIT WILL STICK ON HER DIET TODAY, OR WILLINGLY ACCEPT THE PUNISHMENT DISHED OUT TO HER BY HER MASTER KTAB.

YES SIR MASTER!

(Think I work better with intimidation LOL)

KTAB
July 30th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Awww I was only trying to help :boohoo:

Overit I am not sure if you want a :b&d: but am afraid you might enjoy it too much :H

OverIt2007
July 30th, 2010, 07:12 AM
KTAB you are always a HUGE help, whether it is being our pool boy giving massages and cleaning the pool, or being our cheerleading coach to keep our fat butts in shape! :h

Your right, I think I was getting off on the domination fantasy!! Hey, a girl can dream right?? :H

Kimberley
July 30th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Blimey I thought this was the diet thread, not the secret fantasy thread although at the moment my secret fantasy would be covering someone - anyone - in cadbury's creme egg innards and licking it off. OH the SUGAR!!!!

I have had a couple of slice of ham and cheese for breakfast and chicken in creole spice for lunch. Am about to get up (yes I know it's nearly 2pm!) and go for a blood test to check my liver ALT - was not very good last time :( Hopefully my fab diet, exercise and no booze will have improved that - I will find out next week.

KTAB
July 30th, 2010, 07:54 AM
:yay: :wd: :thumbs: :woot: KTAB loves this thread :alf:

KTAB
July 30th, 2010, 07:56 AM
:devil: now get :stomper:
Come on faster faster :b&d:

OverIt2007
July 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM
HAHAHA KIMBERLY!

Got the image of you licking the cream of a Cadbury Egg off of somebody!!! HAHA

Hey! Im SURE KTAB would volunteer for that!!! :H

Kimberley
July 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Just got in and managed to bypass the Cadbury's Creme Eggs in the supermarket - good me! Have done shedloads of walking today as I've been out and about sorting things out - so I can probably go without my customary evening walk tonight -unless I want my feet to fall off.

Am having a nice chicken mayo salad for tea. Anyone missing the taste of potatoes, I have a tip for you. Chop up some fresh chicken breasts into chunks and fry them then cool them off in the fridge. Once chilled add mayo, lemon juice, bit of salt and pepper and fresh chopped chives - it does actually taste rather like potato salad. Or that may be becasue I've been starved of potatoes for so long!!

Hope you're all having a good day. I have lost a bit of the flab already so tonight I'm going to go through my clothes and divide it up into what fits, what doesn't and what nearly fits. Then in a week or so, I plan on getting into some of the 'nearly fits' pile!

techie
July 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
No more worry folks. Your weight loss goal attainment is just a hypertext click away...

Magickal Weight-Loss Necklace - New Age & Spiritual Gifts at Pyramid Collection (http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=P15623)

mollyka
July 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Can I keep eatin the bag of wine gums Techie if I wear the necklace?

techie
July 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM
mollyka;923036 wrote: Can I keep eatin the bag of wine gums Techie if I wear the necklace?
according to them you can do just about anything Molly :H

mollyka
July 30th, 2010, 04:50 PM
just as well I've finished the wine gums:H

Kimberley
July 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Do Wine Gums not bring on cravings then?! I always liked the Port ones - well they didn't make 'Gin Gums' did they? ;)

mollyka
July 31st, 2010, 05:47 AM
Haha! Didn't much like Gin anyway!! Goin to be good today Kimbo, had chinese take out last night but only ate half it (was lookin forward to other half for brekkie but son took it to bed with him!) - not even hungry this mornin the wine gums are wedged in my belly

OverIt2007
July 31st, 2010, 07:18 AM
Hi Ladies!

Happy Successful dieting day!

Well here is a story for you. Last night I did the stupidest thing. I bought wine and was going to drink it. Now keep in mind I still have antabuse in my system. I took one sip, started freaking out and dumped the rest down the drain. Then to compensate, I ate a huge sandwhich. Now for some reason, I dont feel any guilt over eating the huge sandwhich.

This morning I took the rest of the little wine bottles and dumped it in the trash along side of my cat crap out of my little box. I figured crap belongs with crap.

So... with my new resolve in place, lets have a good day :)

Im curious ladies.... How much sober time do you all have??? I cant count one sip of wine, so I am at 35 days AF today!!

mollyka
July 31st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hey Overit, well done dumpin the wine I'm sober as per my sig. Had some booze 4th May but before that had been sober since Jan. was kickin myself in May - could have 7 months AF!
Can't go without the carbs an stuff here, just had muesli again
Molly

OverIt2007
July 31st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Wow Molly, thats awesome!!!

I guess Im basically a newbie, but it seems much longer! I honestly dont think I could have done it if not for Antabuse. Last night when I took a drink of wine, I seriously felt so scared and panicked due to being on Antabuse, and my face felt hot and flushed!

It scared me so much I instantly dumped the shit out!! Thats good though, cuz I have the memory of that fear!

I may have to be on Antabuse a while more I think! I dont know how you guys do it on your own, I give you all the credit in the world for that!! I could never get the willpower on my own!

Anyways, congratulations to you and lets have a good day!

Kimberley
July 31st, 2010, 08:57 AM
Heya,
Busy day again today meeting potential flatmates but so far I have had a small tub of salmon pate (from M and S, not a bad ingredient in it), a tin of sardines in chilli oil with lettuce, a mini marmite cheese thing and a pork chop with brocolli and green beans. One coffee and 2 Red Bull as well. Just brewed a green tea to make up for the unhealthy drinks!

Molly good job your son did a dustbin on the old Chinese - why do takeaways always taste much better the morning after??

Overs, glad you managed to dump the wine - do you know what triggered you buying it? I always find the third week of being sober is a major craving time - dunno why.

I have had on-and-off sober periods but my last drink was 18th July. Up until then I hadn't really been confident in my ability to stay sober, but after reading a book, I have figured a few things out and feel hopeful that I really can stick at it this time. This diet is part of the strategy for overhauling my lifestyle. I even have half a bottle of brandy under my bed, which I haven't touched - usually if there was any opened al in the house, I'd find some excuse to drink it!

Hope you're all having a good day today!
K x

Determinator
July 31st, 2010, 11:51 PM
Overit, if antabuse is working then bravo! keep taking it and get some wonderful AF time under your belt. when I decided to 'really' quit AL I got an RX for antabuse and while I only took it for about two weeks, I'd always keep it near by just in case I felt tempted. I'd take it in a tiny pill container in my pocket when I went out to dinner with friends. somehow just having it with me was like having a secret weapon that reassured me. Anyway...congrats! keep up the good work.

lets see, diets? honestly after going AF my only significant diet challenge was to resist the very real urge to become a sugar-a-holic. after beating those two things the weight seems to stay off very well (hooray!!!).
I think pretty much any diet will work so long as AL and sugar are absent. (it's not the fat).

excellent video on sugar and how it relates to alcohol in terms of toxicity and addiction in our bodies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM[/video]]YouTube - Sugar: The Bitter Truth (http://[video=youtube_share;dBnniua6-oM)

Kimberley
August 1st, 2010, 04:00 AM
Happy Sunday guys,

Thanks so much for the vid, Determinator. I agree - it's not fat that is the problem - in fact your body could not function without it. Sugar is the real evil :devil: and just perpetuates the al cravings etc, which is a really good reason to avoid it.

Yesterday I ended up going out to eat - so for dinner I had grilled tiger prawns in garlic and chilli with spinach and coriander. Yummy Italian place. Unfortunately as I was running around doing house viewings I ended up having about 5 Red Bulls (naughty) - and I have 6 more to do today so I guess 'll probably end up doing similar.

Didn't get the chance to go for my mammoth walk although I did get outside for a bit, so I haven't really dropped any weight, but not put any on either.

I am off to Brighton on Monday - oh WWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY do they have those blinkin' seaside style doughnuts? Will have to avoid the fish n chips an all.

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend.
K x

one2many
August 1st, 2010, 04:09 AM
Been bad,,very bad... chinese takeaway 2 nights running....

But have dropped a pound..I think that is due to switching to a sweetner instead of sugar in my coffee, was taking up to 8 teaspoons of sugar a day.

Thanks for the vid Det!

OverIt2007
August 1st, 2010, 08:10 AM
Thank you for the post Determinator! Yes, Antabuse has been the ticket for me where nothing else was working. I had to have the fear of the consequences of my drinking. I know some people may argue against it, but it is about what works for the individual person, and it does work for me!!!

Hi ladies. Hope you have a great successful Sunday!!! Im going to try my best too!

mollyka
August 1st, 2010, 08:18 AM
I am arseways on this diet, just want all the things I can't have and don't want the things I can have - not that bothered with the sugar part.
Deter, I put on the sugar video in bed this morn on the laptop and fell asleep with him on - when I woke up I got the fright of my life, this strange man talking in my ear:H:H Will go back and listen again tho cos I enjoyed the bit I did hear. Gonna have a slow roast belly of pork for dinner - HOW on earth can you have that without lovely floury new Irish spuds??
Molly

Kimberley
August 1st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hope you haven't been too 'araseways' today Molly. Great that you've dropped a pound Oney. How has your day been Overs?

Today I have had to 'pick' as and when I could most of the day due to being busy so I have had a tin of sardines in tomato puree, some slices of cold meats and cheese, a few salad leaves - and a nice big kebab (no bread) for dinner after knockabout a game of tennis.

Had one coffee, 3 Red Bulls, 3 green teas and lots of water too, so not an awful day by any means.

Looking forward to rest of kebab for brekkie - then off to Brighton for the day. Will be eating out for lunch and again in the evening so I will have to watch what I choose!

Anyway, night all - I am up really early tomorrow so am going to chill now with a cuppa and try to sleep early. Probably won't happen so I have already set up the filter coffee machine so I can turn it on bleary-eyed on the way to the shower and on the way back it should just be done :)

K x