Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants the MAGIC Diet???? It works!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All!

I am also on a mission to lose some serious weight!!!! I have lost over 10 pounds in about a month. I have also quit drinking (completely!!! yahoo!) but I do not think that has really affected much of my weight. I have lost weight by working out and eating right.

Ok, YES, I DO have the MAGIC Diet!!! (Well thats what my Doctor called it)

At my doctors visit this is what he told me to do. Along with NO alcohol, I have followed this pretty much to a T. Like I said, I have also lost about 10 pounds in one month.

Do NOT eat these 5 things. Of course, use good judgement in what you eat as well, but DO NOT eat these 5 things.

NO!!!

Sugar
    Bread
    Rice
    Potatos
    Pasta

Thats it!!!

I have found yummy sugar free stuff that satisfies me like sugar free jello pudding in dark chocolate, YUMMM. I eat one of these every day and it satisfied my sweet tooth.

I eat fruit in the morning, or eggs (lots of omlets) or Fiber One bran cerial.

I have a nice lunch of protein or veggie, salad whatever. I use no fat free anything, full fat ranch dressing or blue cheese.

I snack on nuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, popcorn and cheese (love cheese!)

I have a nice dinner with protein, veggie or whatever.

I am NOT hungry.

I eat NONE of the things listed above. (Sugar, Bread, Rice, Pasta, Potato)

Good luck with anyone who wants to try it!!

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Congrats on your 10 pound loss! That rocks! What you are doing is similar to the eating recommendations in the My Way Out book. In addition to aiding in your weight loss, this style of eating (low / moderate carbs, and especially very little processed carbs) will also help keep your blood sugar stable which helps with AL cravings. Double bennie for you!

Life will just keep getting better!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thank you Doggygirl, your so sweet. You always give good advice too, I even have one of the things you posted in my phone, you know, in case I ever want to go back to that evil stuff.

Wow, your right! My alcohol cravings have went way down. I did not even think about the connection with the two.

I have alot more to lose, but thank you for the encouragement.

Comment

The sober life is the good life! It makes so many other things possible like your body re-shaping goals and healthy eating goals! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I just started reading Primal Blueprint which is yet another low carb type book. I am needing some new motivation though, so I'm enjoying another take on this topic. I have some eating disorder issues going back to my teen years that I have realized still brew close to the surface. I need to follow an eating plan that is structured enough to be healthy and keep me within good boundaries, but not SO rigid that it triggers me to go sailing into ED territory. At any rate, this book is a new take on an old topic that I think fits that bill for me.

I need to start a new Abbercisers (exercise) thread - we sort of lost track of that in the Monthly Abstinence section. Come join us if you want to! :b&d:

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Overit - Great on all your successes! - serious commitment increase motivation, it seems.

I have a question, as I have been eating this way low glycemic way also....What do you do about dairy? Do you drink milk or eat yogurt? They both have a fair amount of sugar, so not sure how they fit in.

Thanks, Hidden

Comment

ditto about the dairy. I wondered about cheese too.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Wow, that has to be the simplest diet I've ever come across! Yep I want to lose some weight, well lots actually, and I started this morning.
              I'm allowing myself 2 slices of bread a day at the moment but will cut this out on Wednesday as I then spread it with butter (lots of calories there) and then a spread of some sort (even morecalories). So those 2 pieces of toast probably account for 300 calories or more.
              So, with no alcohol (that accounted for over 1,000 calories a day!!), and reduced carb intake, I should catch up to you! Popcorn! That is supposed to be REALLY bad news dietwise.... loaded with fat.

Comment

I knew someone who followed a similar diet and lost a BUNCH of weight. She didn't eat anything white. In addition to your list, overit, it included milk, dairy, popcorn. I'm not sure about orange cheese. Is orange cheese naturally orange or is something "done" to it?
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, nice to get some posts on this thread

Um, to answer the questions on dairy, I do not eat much rather than a little bit of cheese and a little bit of milk on my cerial in the morning. I eat white and orange both, but not much of each. I do not eat yogurt, because it seems most yogurt has lots of sugar and carbs, plus I just do not like yogurt either. Cheese is good because it is very low carb. I suppose just dont go crazy on it, but add it to your salads, eggs. I do.

I was eating eggs almost every morning for about three weeks. Eggs are really good and you can add cheese, veggies, meat because its low carb and high protein.

I guess this diet is really just high protein, low carb. Oh, I eat lots of tuna salad, chicken salad on top of a salad. Eat LOTS of salads!!!

Two things I have always hated doing with ANY diet is counting calories or writting things down. I like this kind of diet because I just instantly know what I can and cannot eat, so therefore once you get started, it just becomes easy. And you can eat at any time as long as you stick to what your supposed to be eating. I like to snack alot, and you CAN if you snack right.

They have these low carb "wraps" in the grocery stores if you really have to make like a sandwich. I would really get rid of any bread at all. These "wraps" are tasty and very low carb.

Im really no expert, but I hope we all have some huge success with our dieting. I look forward to hanging out on this thread more too!

Your right Doggygirl. My life is tons better with the recent changes I've made. I NEVER want to go back to the fat, ugly, lazy, depressed, spiritually empty person I was while alcohol had control of me.

P.S. Im not sure if popcorn is that "good" either, but they have those 100 calorie snack packs. Thats what I eat, so not too much popcorn I suppose.

Comment

P.S. When I first started this diet (5 weeks ago) I just decided to do what the Doctor had said.

I am NOT a diet expert, so what I did was make an acronym(?) for the 5 things not to eat.

Sugar, Bread, Rice, Potatoe, Pasta My acryonym: Some Boys Run Past Pee Pee (LOL, LOL!!)

Whenever I would go to eat anything... I would think Is this any of those things??????

That way it was really really really simple, and the weight started coming off.

Comment

The yogurt is full of sugar if it is other than plain. I like plain organic yogurt with chopped fruit, some nuts. For a "desert" I sometimes mix in some jam that is JUST jam. No sugar and no sugar substitute. And the popcorn I eat is regular old popcorn and I use an air popper; not microwave popcorn that has additives. Sort of boring so I could easily do without. I DO eat this sprouted grain product Food For Life Baking Co., Inc. | Sprouted Grain Difference | Ezekiel 4:9? I toast the tortillas and use them like chips for hummus. It borders on addiction
                      sigpic

Comment

Those are great ideas, thanks Greeneyes.

Doggygirl. I wanted to mention something. I, as well, have suffered from an eating disorder for years!! It started around 12 years old, and I still battle with it at 42. I have both bulemia and I have been anorexic at times too, but mainly just the bulemia.

Since I have gotton my alcohol and now, it seems, my food in control (They ARE connected FOR SURE) I can say my bulemia has seemed to have gone away.

I have never seeked any help with my eating disorder, but it seems I have control of it, so I think its going to stay that way.

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Comment

a carb free diet then, what do you do for energy?
                          Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

It's all magic....Ha! IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

So a couple of eye twitches and it's gone ?......Sign me up ! Ha! IAD
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X