Im feeling more hopefull, thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was brought up in an English pub and was given my first alcoholic drink at an extremely early age. I used to help myself to sherry when I got home from primary school. I dont want to give the impression that my parents are bad parents and have always been moderate drinkers and have both reached ripe old ages. I suppose they were just ignorant and it was back in the 60's. All I am trying to say is that I have been living with the stuff all my life and it has always stood for good things like Christmas, family gatherings and of course how my parents made a living.

I dont think I have gone a week without a drink for over 20 years. That has only just occurred to be and its made me feel really bad. I need to cut down or stop. I think really I should stop because I change from a gentle, caring person into a complete monster when I have drunk too much. I cant stop once I have started. My poor lovely boyfriend is the one who suffers and the one who has to hear me say sorry the next day knowing that this wont be the last time I verbally attack him. I am the bitch from hell.

All my friends and family drink and the social aspect will be the hardest to avoid. I think that this site and the people on it could be how I cope - I have looked into AA and I really dont want to go there.

I have never heard of this course before and am a bit dubious about taking drugs but I will buy the book. While writing this I have decided to abstain for a month and take it from there.
    Nic

Welcome Nic and I hope this program works for you. Keep us posted of your progress....
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

:welcome:

Yes, please keep us posted!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thanks, you are very welcoming.

Comment

Hi Nic
          This site is really good. I logged on about three weeks ago and I decided that I was going to take control over my drinking and its been going so good so far. I have big problems with binge drinking. I decided to try this without the medication because its a bit more of a hassle trying to get them off prescription here, and I also wanted to see if I could put mind over matter. I had a few drinks tonight but made the startling decision to drink lemonade in-between, and then not to drive my car home - it's only five minutes but I figured that I had made my decision to get responsible on this site, and it's working for me. I really hope it works for you too!
          Cheers
          Jandal
          I'm not a flip flop - I'm a Jandal!:undercover:

Comment

Im sorry, dont mean to sound redundant, but I need to hear from someone quick! Help!

Comment

Hi Nic, :welcome:

Glad you're here. "Me too" about being unpredictable when drinking - a Jekyll and Hyde kinda thing.

Good luck on abstaining. You might find the supplements helpful.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X