Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone taking Phentermine?

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if anyone here is taking, or has taken Phentermine?

Phentermine is a doctor prescribed appetite suppressant. It is an amphetamine and raises your seratonin level in your brain, therefore making you not hungry.

I have been taking this for a few weeks. It definately does do exactly what it is supposed to and I have lost around 15 pounds in two months, with and without taking the Phen.

Overall, I am pretty happy with it, but as with any medication, you have to be very careful. I have had some side effects, but so far pretty managable.

Overit
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Hi Overit,
    I took something similar in the past but the side effects were unbearable for me. I had terrible mood swings and my poor partner could not understand where I was so emotional.
    It does work and I lost alot of weight but it's another addictive drug that I abuse. I carried on taking the pills purely out of habit and fear of putting the weight back on. ..which I did once I stopped taking the drugs.

In the end I want to lose weight sensibly so I no longer take diet pills. But everyone to their own. Gonna try out this magic diet you mentioned.
    x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

I have a prescription for Phentermine which I took about 4 years ago, before my drinking got under control and my blood pressure was normal. I didn't find it made any big difference in my appetitie, and you can't take it if you have high blood pressure, which I had for 2 yrs. when my drinking was heavy.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have not posted on here in a while. I definately quit taking the Phentermine. It was making me feel "cracked out" and I was drinking to bring me down off that feeling. Not really a good combo to be taking Phentermine, an upper, then drinking to bring you down.

For me, I think I will just stick to old fashioned ways of dieting and exercise to lose weight!

Comment

Overit Thats exactly what was happening to me! I hardly ate anything during the day but was so wired by the end of the day that I drank to calm myself down. Very silly it was!
          Its hard to eat diet the old fashioned way but i believe its the best way to go. x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Hey Rebirth,

I think Phentermine is NOT good for people like us!! Something that makes us want to drink more?? Um not good!!

Hope your doing good Rebirth!!

Comment

Hi overit.
              I am still being very good with not drinking but I have a thing for chocolate. ArgHH! Like I have to treat myself because I cant drink. I have bars of it stashed away in my handbag and cupboards incase a craving came along. The sugar seems to calm my craving for some reason. I have been told that it actuelly increases willpower. Really not sure if it does but I am getting a sugar addiction and and I have put on weight. Not happy about that!

But no I would not buy phen again because it does make me want to drink.

I need to knuckle down and go on a blasted diet! How many calories are you consuming per day? Are you counting calories? How did you lose the 10 pounds. You omiitted certain foods but did you eat alot still?

by the way, your picture is gorgeous. It must be your little boy? I took my son to Disneyland in Paris and he was scared of Mickey Mouse! Ha
              Be strong-

Comment

I took phentermine for several years with excellent results. I would take it again if I could get my hands on the real stuff. I would rather deal with a little shaky feeling, than the 30 pounds I've put on since quitting.

This is JIMHO!!

Comment

I would quit taking that stuff, I just quit a EC stack for weight loss, (Ephedrine and Caffeine) that stuff will screw with your metabolism, plus give you false energy. All that stuff is junk, weight is easy to loose naturally if you watch your diet, eat lots of fruits and vegi's instead of other junk. keep your protein at around 1 gram of protein per every lb of body weight to maintain muscle.

Comment

I am on phentermine. I only take 1/2 tablet at most each day. I want to feel some hunger and use my discipline. Some days I go without it entirely to test my resolve. I have been eating 1200-1600 calories/day and walking 3 miles or more. I have recently started doing weight lifting to maintain muscle mass. I am not on a particular diet. I just try to make sure I eat at least 4 veggies and 1 or more fruit/d along with good quality protein and whole grain in small amount at each meal. For first 5 months Af I did not go on diet. Wanted to "nail" the AF thing. Then I went on diet past 3 1/2 months and have lost 33 pounds in that time frame. I am delighted and surprised by how quickly it has dropped and how easy it was to transfer the discipline of abstinence and add the lifestyle changes. The first month was the hardest. Now it seems sort of "second" nature to eat well and less.
                    Sunny

Comment

Wow... Thats awesome Sunny! How long have you been AF??

Im still working out my drinking issues.. Not sober but working at it. Arent we all.

Comment

Hi Over,

Great to see you again! ....I took Phentermine for just a little while in 2006 before my drinking was at its worst....but my blood pressure so high because of my drinking that my doc told me I had to stop drinking to bring my BP down. Of course, I didn't stop drinking, and the Phentermine really did nothing for my appetite. I didn't notice that it made me wired, though.

Rebirth-you are right about the upper-downer syndrome. I mentioned my aunt who was a drinking alcoholic of 30 years....that's why she got addicted to AL....she took diet pills during the day to give her energy and to help her keep her figure, but then she was soooo wired by the end of the day that she used AL to calm down....a vicious cycle that lasted 30 years. Now she is AF and DF, and she is a totally different person. When she was on diet pills and AL, she was really psycho. She drove everybody bananas.

Comment

Sunny,

I wanted to add that I have a whole script for phentermine and now that I'm AF and my BP is ok, I might try it again. I don't want to waste all those pills I paid WAY too much for. :-( Congratulations, too, on being AF!

Comment

Overit,
                            I am 9 months AF. I didn't diet at all for 5 months and only then started to exercise every day for an hour and cut back on food. I take just 1/2 of the phentermine/d or less because I know I could get too wired and be too hyped up. I will allow nothing to stand in the way of my abstinence. Not even fat! I would rather be fat and abstinent than slim and drinking.
                            I recently started a weight lifting program. I have only done it for 2 days so far. I am interested in seeing how it works out. I am walking 3 miles/day too. Between the diet and exercise i continue to lose at a reasonably rapid rate.
                            sun

Comment

Overit,
                              what is left to "work out" on your drinking issues?

Comment

Working...
                              X