Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mighty Mouse II

:new:
    Hello, I am new to this forum. First, I would like to thank the founder of this website and all of you who were brave enough to come forward in order to seek help and to help others. All of you who have gone before are a hero in my mind because, despite your own struggles, I really needed help and if it had not been for your aggregate courage in coming forth to seek help, I would not be here. Thank you.

I also should caution you that I have never posted anywhere before and it took me approximately a half hour to determine how to find the new post system. So, I ask your patience in my "technical" difficiency in this area.

I was inspired by the founder, as her story is similar to my own, though I did not start drinking until my mid-thirties after my only son was a youth. My husband and I moved into a beach home where the neighborhood had consistent parties. They were great parties and that is where my problem began. As life progressed, my responsibilities grew more stressful, dealing with a collapsed business, aging parents, a brilliant aspiring son, a dedicated husband, all of whom hold me in high regard and depend on me to find solutions to our life issues. It makes it even worse that I am a "nice" drunk. I don't get nasty, don't get "sloshy", and probably because I am a nutritional and excercise "nut", I am so physically healthy. But I have been known to drink five liter boxes of wine every two days (no I don't do that now!). And what makes it bad is that most people can't even tell that I've been drinking. I get disgusted with myself and I stop for awhile. And it always starts out the same. I just want to be able to drink a glass or two a night with dinner, or have a glass at a special lunch. It always ends the same -- after a year or so, it grows and grows and grows. But my husband, the best in the world (been happily married 25 years), he knows. And after one of my heavy drinking nights, he always walks over to me the following morning with that concerned look softly saying, "we have to talk about your drinking". And I always say, "I know I went overboard, I'll work on it". And then, my son, a son that most people only dream of having will say to his father, "I don't like the drinking either Dad, but that is just who she is". It breaks my heart. I don't want to quit, and I think its because I'm such a control freak that I feel that if I quit because I can't handle it, then it has won. But if I can get to a point where I can just enjoy a glass of wine at night or at lunch, then I control it. That is very important to me.

I have been searching for an answer for a long time. I'm very interested in this method because I am so nutritionally acclamated. I love excercise, and in the past, when I get extremely dedicated to a program, it has been successful for me. This seems a good fit for me. I decided to join yesterday and already I have been inspired. Before yesterday, I was up to three bottles a day. But after deciding yesterday that I was going to join, inspired by all of you, my husband and I shared one bottle of wine together last night. I had no other alcohol. Today, I went shopping with my Mom and then to see my Dad. Usually my Mom and I shop once a week and we have lunch where I order two or three glasses of wine. Today, I had one. Our shopping ran late. Usually under those circumstances, I have another two or three glasses of wine, but today I had one late in the afternoon. On the weekends, I usually share a large bottle of wine with my husband each weekend day (of which I get the most because he is a "social" drinker without a problem). Tonight, I had two glasses. My husband, my son, and my mother are delighted by my commitment to try this program. I want to thank all of you for giving me the courage and inspiration and providing me this opportunity through this forum. It comes at a great time, as I am leaving tomorrow for a professional conference. I must always be careful and it will give me the opportunity to temporarily be out of the environment where the habit is mondaine -- develop new habits. But, I have limited time to check posts and internet site, and it will be wonderful to look into the posts during the week, particularly right before lunch and cocktail hour, as I hope it will give me continual inspiration, that there is a real chance I can do this. Thank you, all of you!!! MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Mighty Mouse II

Hi MM!
    Sounds you are on the right track, making changes in your life. And how wonderful you don't have to hide your drinking from your family and that they support you so well...
    I would love to hear how you go from here.
    Also, being with my man for 21 years and having three children and yes, he too is concerned about the amount of drink I consume, it feels like we have some things in common.
    At the moment I drink about two bottles of wine a night, but I try to drink when there are friends around.... just so nobody really knows how much I do actually drink :0(
    I am so into starting the MWO program, but so far only the supps and CDs have arrived. Still waiting for the Topamax and the pillow (plug into your MP3 while you sleep!).
    It's been a long time and I can feel my determination waning with every glass of wine....

Comment

Mighty Mouse II

Thank you all for your support. It is so kind of all of you to quickly make me feel so welcome! I have big week ahead of me as I am challenged in my profession and my new commitment. I'm not sure how accessable internet will be, but I am leaving with a real commitment to this program. Will keep in touch if possible, otherwise, it is definitely on my agenda when I get back. THANK YOU! YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT HELPS MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS! MM
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Mighty Mouse II

Hey MM:welcome: Aboard!! This is a wonderful place. Glad you found us! This program WILL change your life. It is a wonderful thing to feel "in charge" of your own life again!

Welcome...:l , Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Mighty Mouse II

Hello MM
          Welcome aboard
          You have come to a great place. I am so glad to hear you have such wonderful support around you.
          Dont hesitate to let us know if there is anything you need.
          WELCOME!!
          Jen
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
          X