Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday October 21st

Hello everyone:

It looks like we have almost run out of Saturday, and thought I would jump in, and fill the gap.

I had quite a bit of fun during the "virtual" party last evening. Glad I could bring a smile to a few people via long distance. I have found in the last few months of my sobriety, that I find it easier and more comfortable to laugh at things. An episode of the Simpsons or something, that I used to stare at with blank sulleness, now has me in stitches. Some of you may remember or be aware of the Readers Digest periodical, which always had a section called "Laughter is the Best Medicine". So it is.

I must admit though, even when I was cutting up, and being a clown in the party last night, JerryBear was always in the back of my mind. I sure hope she is coming through her ordeal. It is such a tragedy that humans have to experience such pain. I know it all too well.

Today has been a day of rest and reflection for me. Nothing too serious or intense. The gap on my exercise calendar is growing, but I won't fret over it. I can feel my muscles, heart, lungs, and nerves actually growing and healing during these gap periods. I push hard during the exercise periods, almost to the point of burn out, and then it's mandatory that I back off. I have found that when I restart the exercise after these gaps, I have even more power and strength.

One thing I would note to you long term abstinence members. I have found that strengthening the physical body has a definite cross-over effect on the mind and emotions. Pushing the limits of the body, only of course when you are trained to that level, has an almost magical effect on ones emotional stability. Those of you who train hard, probably know what I'm talking about. The body, and the mind are linked. They are not seperate elements existing in their own vacuums. Thought I would put that out there for those who are looking for answers on how to gain further progress in your programs.

Enough for today. Again, thanks to Kathy for her little "pow-wow" as my mother calls it. She's of Cherokee ancestry, and any party to her is a "pow-wow".

Be well.

Neil
Working...
X