The mammogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mammogram

This time, I actually kept my mammogram appointment. I was met with, 'Hi! I'm Belinda!' This perky clipboard carrier smiled from ear to ear, tilted her head to one side and crooned, 'All I need you to do is step into this room right here, strip to the waist, then slip on this gown. Everything clear? ''

I'm thinking, 'Belinda, try decaf. This ain't rocket science.'

Belinda skipped away to prepare the chamber of horrors. With the right side finished, Belinda flipped me (literally) to the left and said, 'Hmmmm. Can you stand on your tippy toes and lean in a tad so we can get everything?''

Fine, I answered. I was freezing, bruised, and out of air, so why not use the remaining circulation in my legs and neck and finish me off? My body was in a holding pattern that defied gravity (with my other boob wedged between those two 4 inch pieces of square glass) when we heard, then felt a zap! Complete darkness and the power went off!

'Oh, maintenance is working. Bet they hit a snag.' Belinda headed for the door.

'Excuse me! You're not leaving me in this vise alone are you?' I shouted.

Belinda kept going and said, 'Oh, you fussy puppy... the door's wide open so you'll have the emergency hall lights. I'll be right back.'

Before I could shout 'NOOOO!' she disappeared. And that's exactly how Bubba and Earl, maintenance men extraordinaire, found me, half-naked and part of me dangling from the Jaws of Life and the other part smashed between glass!

After exchanging polite 'Hi, how's it going' type greetings, Bubba (or possibly Earl) asked, to my utter disbelief, if I knew the power was off.

Trying to disguise my hysteria, I replied with as much calm as possible 'Uh, yes, yes I did thanks.'!

'You bet, take care' Bubba replied and waved good-bye as though I' d been standing in the line at the grocery store.

Two hours later, Belinda breezes in wearing a sheepish grin and making no attempt to suppress her amusement, she said, 'Oh I am sooo sorry!' The power came back on and I totally forgot about you! And silly me, I went to lunch. Are we upset?'

And that, Your Honor, is exactly how her head ended up between the clamps........
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

The mammogram

:H:H:H

After finding a lump in my breast this year, those darned machines just get tighter and tighterr. They should offer breast reconstruction as part of the deal. Horror!
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The mammogram

:H:H:H

Ditto Hilary!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The mammogram

:H:H:H:H:H
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

The mammogram

:H:H:H:H:H

I love it!

Comment

The mammogram

SKendall;855445 wrote: :H:H:H

After finding a lump in my breast this year, those darned machines just get tighter and tighterr. They should offer breast reconstruction as part of the deal. Horror!
            I dread "mammo" time. I one of those unfortunates who always gets called back because of some sort of issue with the film. Freaks the bejeebers out of me every year. One year, they taped some b.b.s all over my chest to help point out some of the areas of concern and I forgot to remove them in my haste to escape the medical center afterwards. That night, as I was disrobing, I rediscovered all the b.b.s on my chest. :H Good times!

Comment

The mammogram

I really wish my timing wouldn't suck so much.

I just got a call for a mammogram appointment! :H
              Fennel, what the blip are b.b.s????

Comment

The mammogram

I had my routine one this morning, sunni, it's just slightly uncomfortable (NOT)

what is b.b.s
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The mammogram

Ummm...bee-bees maybe? They looked like little ball bearings or little bb's that you shoot out of a bb gun. I have fibrocystic breasts that always have "areas of concern".

Comment

The mammogram

They squeeze your boobs AND shoot them with a bb gun???????? :egad:

I ain't doin it! :no:

Comment

The mammogram

I must admit I'm a 'Goose'
                      I have some lumpy bits that have been investigated and found to be 'scar tissue' from mastitis.

Now when ever My doctor checks the girls and comments on any lumps I just nod and say 'yes, that's where the mastitis scaring was'
                      probably should be brave next time and get it checked..
                      Happy to be back

Comment

The mammogram

I just had mine. I love they way they put my tit in a vice, hydraulically lift it so I'm on tip-toe, wedge my head behind the machine so it doesn't interfere, and then say, "Don't Move!"

Breathing seemed more important than moving at that moment.

Then I was told I have "dense" tissue, so they did a perfectly painless sonogram. Hmmmm . . .
                        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

The mammogram

RedThread12;856579 wrote: I just had mine. I love they way they put my tit in a vice, hydraulically lift it so I'm on tip-toe, wedge my head behind the machine so it doesn't interfere, and then say, "Don't Move!"
                          With me, this is usually about the time the tech says "Relax your shoulder." :H Are you kidding me?!

Comment

The mammogram

Ya know, this whole thing was a lot funnier BEFORE that phone call! :H

Comment

The mammogram

fennel;857084 wrote: With me, this is usually about the time the tech says "Relax your shoulder." :H Are you kidding me?!
                              Or when they tell you to relax during a pap smear!

Comment

Working...
                              X