Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moday October 23rd

Good morning Abbers,

Right, i dunno where to start really...I know i said i could share being Mayor for the week yesterday....but i slipped last night...you can proberly tell from my last post...I dont know what i'm going to do....I'm so fed up of slipping..
    I have definatly got some things to talk over with my wife...And i need to spend more time with her and the children....Its the school holidays here now so i'm gonna take a little vacation from MWO for a couple of days...

I'm really sorry for being unreliable...I just wouldnt feel right being mayor after last night....So speak to you all soon and take care ....Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Moday October 23rd

Mackeral

Hang in there sort out as much as you can but check into here

We are all. behind you if your fishing line breaks it would not stop you from fishing you put another line on

Dont let this slip stop you get back into ie it AF or Mods

Ive learned here so much dont beat your self up is one phrase EXcuse not remember whos said it or how many different ways credit to all of them

Maybe Aberservillers should just take it easy to day and just add anything we want to

Macks you havent let anyone down here just remember that

hope you and your wife and kids have good quality time together

Ive got to go just poped in for few miniutes felt had to add

Ive got to get on my fold up bike funnjy stories there I have to check it people think its fun to tamper

so often I been going down a slope and I thought I didnt check its not been tampered with

its good for folding up trains thinks better than my other one look laptops beeping batteries low

got to go Take care all Abers and None Abers and phones ringing OK Macks take care its all gone crazy

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Hello Macks just wanted to say sorry if all above was jumbled up I caught the train and the bikes folded up on it
      I wasnt gonna check into day or the next few days busy sometimes I dont get the words out but Ive have really been through so much of what people said round here it might not make sense because I cant speak (dont hold it againts me) on matters but Im really with you all on this

Oupps this is battery bleeping and I gotta focus on what Im gonna do at work next I will be frizzled out by to day a slip of wine would be very nice but something has happened since I been around here and cant expain it
      Im gonna have a go at putting ticks in those drink counter boxes on the tracker I dont like water (i know its good and why) but Ive bought bottles of water AF free water so may be fuit cordial will help the water medicine go down.
      When you get back in the Mayor Throne could be a consideration you tick a few boxses on the Drinks Counter Tracker here If I dont tick those boxes dont mean Im not AF just gonna have to sort out another way
      First place ever felt comfortable with all of this THANK YOU all of you
      Better go others have so much more better stuff to add
      Hope your wadders is that right fisherman man boots word dont leak

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Hey All,

First of All, Macks, I couldn't tell that you had been drinking, but secondly, I completely understand how you feel about not wanting to be Mayor after having a slip. I feel that way myself. Definitely take some time with Lisa and the kids and sort yourself out. You've been doing so well so much of the time, so you deserve to give yourself that time. We all love you lots!

Farmeress, you are very supportive, and I'm glad that this forum is providing you with support, too. I hope that you come to feel that you have something good to contribute, too!

Unfortunately, I have early appointments today, so I have to run and get ready, but I'll be back in the middle of the day for a check in.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Hugs,

Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Better More often than not!

Mack!

Your posts have been an inspiration to me. I too have slipped lately, but try to remember that I am doing better than I did before coming to MWO. We all need to remember that when we expect perfection from ourselves, we set ourselves up to fail. Be kind to yourself and give yourself the credit you deserve for how far you have come and how much you have done for the rest of us out here. :thanks:
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Macks,

You are not unreliable at all... in fact I would say you are one of the people here that we can always count on.

You have been doing a good job of staying sober most of the time -- especially considering that the only tool you've been using is the discussion board. Look at your progress so far!

But look at where you want to go, what your goals are. Maybe it's time to think about adding some of the other tools available to you. The supplements might just be what you need to keep those cravings at bay next time round. Maybe all you need is one more tool in the toolbox. (If you have to pick just one for financial reasons -- understandable with 5 little ones!! -- I would say the kudzu has been the most helpful for me.)

What everyone has said is true -- you are an inspiration and a beloved member of this community. We all stumble. None of us is perfect. You have support here. All it takes is the right commitment and the right tools. I don't doubt your commitment, and the tools are all available to you. Success is right at your fingertips.

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Good morning Friends,

I guess the subject for today is why are we able to go for periods of time without a drink and then we have one or two or a dozen!

I know that when I come here and read about something that causes me to look into my heart and feel-see things that have not healed from my past, then comes the thought that a drink would be good. That means that it would dull the pain I'm feeling.

I think we all have scars or unhealed places on our hearts that we have not taken care of because they are painful. The pattern yesterday seems to be that WE PERCEIVE that our parents have either failed us or we have failed them in some way. From there the pattern is set and as we go through life, others fail or hurt us and we them.

I have learned ...the hard way of course... that people WILL fail! In the last five years several people who I had on a pedestal, fell off! These are people that I thought had it all together and were successful in their jobs and in their spiritual walk. I thought I had it all together too!

We all have "heros". Read the story in Isaiah 6 of a hero that "fell", and what happened to the man who had held him in a high place.

The thing is........we have to choose to forgive others and we have to choose to forgive ourselves. We are "but dust.......we are a spirit living in a human body. The body passes away but our spirit lives on. I think we are here to learn to be compassionate and forgiving. Loving our "neighbor " as we love ourself.

Nancy:l
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Hi everyone, I have missed ya all. Just a quick drop in havent read much cuz I worked all weekend. I am traveling today and tomorrow wont be back till wednesday. I will check back in then but it will be quick. Mack dont worry. Dont beat on yourself. Your not unreliable. Yes....spend time with Mrs Macks and the kids. Maybe think about topamax or campral. Be a little easier on yourself. Big hugs to ya bro.
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Moday October 23rd

slips

Mackeral wrote: Good morning Abbers,

Right, i dunno where to start really...I know i said i could share being Mayor for the week yesterday....but i slipped last night...you can proberly tell from my last post...I dont know what i'm going to do....I'm so fed up of slipping..
                  I have definatly got some things to talk over with my wife...And i need to spend more time with her and the children....Its the school holidays here now so i'm gonna take a little vacation from MWO for a couple of days...

I'm really sorry for being unreliable...I just wouldnt feel right being mayor after last night....So speak to you all soon and take care ....Macks:l
                  SLIP =

SOBRIETY
                  LOSING
                  ITS
                  PRIORITY.

Comment

Moday October 23rd

SLIPS

I love when people say they 'sliipped'. It is never an accident when you pick up a drink. You have a choice and if you dont have a choice then your an alcoholic - simple.

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Today should be must calmer for me than my hectic weekend, thank goodness! I hate it when I can't find time to get on board and absorb what is going on here. Sorry Macks that you are feeling so down on yourself this morning. I am impressed that you are the first one here to post after last night. That takes tremendous strength! You always seem to get right back on track and not let it get out of hand (like me!!). I have no doubt that you will find a message from this slip and listen to it.
                      Nancy, I get so much from your spiritual posts. Thank you for so willingly sharing your faith with us. You touch so many. I plan on reading the story you mentioned.
                      I wish we could all be immune from slips. Don't know why we have to relearn this so many times. I sure know I will never say never (as in drink again) because even the most determined let their guard down at times. I am slowly appreciating how difficult it is to maintain sobriety. I've taken it for granted too many times.
                      Hope it's a good week for all. Gina

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Macks, I give you so much credit!!!! I wish that I had had the courage to confront my drinking at age 30 as you have. Give yourself some credit!!! You WILL succeed at this. You have such insight strength and humour for such a young man.
                        Your posts are filled with life and I always look foward to reading them. Take a break,re-evaluate and you'll come back stronger than ever.
                        Janet

Comment

Moday October 23rd

giggless=

g- go
                          i- in
                          g- get guts
                          l- let
                          e- everyone
                          s- see
                          e- experience

We like to know who we're taking advice from and where they're coming from..
                          It sounds like you do have some experience.
                          Would you be brave enough to share your story?

Nancy
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Moday October 23rd

good one nanc! :H

Yo giggles...Dont be talkin smack to our mack here....
                            Know what I'm talkin bout man.......
                            Gabbs here!
                            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Moday October 23rd

Hey Mack! Still love ya! "Devils or Saints" happens to best of us! Take your time & look forward to seeing you soon!

:l Judie
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X