Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, Oct. 23

Good Morning Beautiful People!
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. My daughter and I walked Race for the Cure in Dallas in memory of my mom who died 11 years ago of breast cancer. 30,000 participants...and than they had a survivor parade..awesome to see. And not to make light of the struggle these women endured, as I know my own mom went through her own battle..but I thought--aren't we all survivors in our own way! Trying to just make it through this life-surviving...doing our best, trying our best, determined to fight back against what holds us back.
    Here I'm trying to be so profound at such an early hour!!
    I've entered another 5K (only 3.1 miles) this one is in my small town and in 2 weeks. I ran it 2 years ago and CLEARLY rememember had a splitting hangover headache (common back then) and won in my age group! Thing is: I'm pretty sure that I was the only one entered in my age group! So, this year, I plan to run clear-headed, win or no win, it should be fun.
    Also---Becca, can't wait to hear about your race. Ladies, and man...looked up the Durango 1/2 marathon..Time limit on that thing is 4.5 hours...surely we could all do that!! That would be a breeze! I'm thinking about it! What's the worst that could happen?? We get a bit of exercise??
    Here's to us!! My sweet freinds! Have an awesome Monday! Love you all
    sm-mary

Monday, Oct. 23

SM Mary, would you walk it or run it? There's no way I can run my knees aren't great. But I could walk it!

And then my other problem...how much is it to enter?

My husband has sky miles and reward nights for a room and flight so I might be able to sweet talk him out of that but I would want to stay with you all so the reward nights might not apply.....hmmmm. It all sounds so scary
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Go sm!!!!

Wow sounds like you had a great weekend!! Hope you did well too Becca!! Thought about all of you this weekend, sorry I didn't even have a chance to check in, was VERY busy between my son's birthday party and just plain "life", worked all weekend and had the party , cleaned and rode the horses,etc etc........

Keep us all posted Becca on how you did on the race!!

David's party was a ball, but the bonfire was a flop, wouldn't catch, all the recent rain had it too damp to burn! So much for that! Well maybe next week, we will have all his friends over then for another party.

Jen, Mike,Lush, Allie,Mary did you all have a wonderful weekend too?? The weather was awesome so I have nothing to complain about, except it did rain a little too much yesterday, oh well, made it better to get some work done around the house......didn't feel like going outside and playing!

Talk to everyone later!!

Much love to everyone!!!:h

Mary Ane

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

I am terrified!!

Hi all -
        I finally managed to steal a few minutes to use the computer.
        Short rundown: Saturday night my husband finally went to the hospital. He'd been weak and disorietned for a couple of weeks. We thougth he'd had a stroke. Turns out he's got lung cancer and a brain tumor that's bleeding. We were airvacced from Fairbanks to Anchorage so he could see a neurosurgeon. I'm scared. Hell, I'm terrified!! :upset:
        Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. The docs are doing a bunch of tests today, and then will let us know what our treatment options are. I have very limited computer access and even less time for the computer, so I won't be around much. Thank you in advance for your prayers and good thoughts.
        :teeter:

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

renewed hope

Hi all,

Well yet again you have inspired me and given me new hope.( the fact that I am off work this week may have helped) I have spoken to hubby and we have agreed to try to abstain. So Lusch, Dilayne Imagine,(anyone else). Think I will join you. We don't have to shift boards do we?

Also, Becca, our inspiration, I have sent off for an application form for the Tresco Marathon in the scilly isles in April 2007. I can't afford to join you all for the marathon over there in the USA. This marathon is in aid of Cystic Fibrosis and you have to get a minimum of ?300 sponsor money. I just hope that there is no time limit. Perhaps I should have started training years ago. I will be 50 by the time I do it. I have lost 14lbs in weight since Christmas last year but still have quite a way to go to reach my target of 130 lbs by February.

Love to all as always.
          Waves x:thanks:
          Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Sorry Gypsi we must have been typing at the same time. My post seems totally inappropriate now. I am so sorry about your hubby. Of course I will pray for you. Hope treatment begins as soon as possible.:h
            Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Sorry Gypsi

I am so sorry to hear about hubb Gypsi, He and you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers! i hope the treatment starts as soon as possible and goes smoothly.

Waves, great motivation! go girl!! I will try next! But my bad knees will force me to walk,though!

Love you all!!:l :h

Ma

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi
                Your husband is in my prayers and so are you. My God - hold strong, my dear friend. We are here for you thinking about you, with arms wide open.
                Love always, always always!!!
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi,

I am so sorry. You have our strengthwe are here for you.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lord, provide double portion blessings. I pray EVERY need is met and supplied. You know each one. Please make Gypsi's husband comfortable in this journey and please give them peace. In Jesus Name, amen.

Gypsi,

You asked for prayers....I hope you don't mind if I copy your post to the "what we believe section of MWO"

All My love,
                  Rachele Attached files [img]/converted_files/147200=137-attachment.gif[/img]
                  :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi---I am praying for you too!! Know that we are here for you.
                    We love you.
                    sm-mary

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your husband. Hold strong and lean on us as you need to, as the others have said. May they get everything under control as soon as possible and perform the necessary steps to speed his recovery.

It went great yesterday, everyone, by the way! I feel kind of inappropriate typing about it here...in a nutshell, I beat my time from VA Beach by about 6 minutes I think and felt great afterwards! It was completely amazing. I can't BELIEVE all of you are considering doing something similar, and Waves, you've already signed up? GREAT!!! You will love it. Experience of a lifetime. Trust me! Maybe the Durango thing could be a meet-up? Something healthy we've done that has aided in our recovery? I love the idea. Allie said she's already training. Rachele, you can definitely walk or run/walk. SM Mary, you can do this, no prob! Congrats on your 5K. Your mom is proud.
                      I met Lucky yesterday! Very cool lady and we had a wonderful time getting to know each other.:l . Thanks for showing me the sights, Lucky! This trip has been just amazing.
                      I'll tell more later... I have pix too if anyone is interested. Think I may even change my avatar...
                      Wearing my Tiffany finisher necklace!!

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Oh God, Gypsi. I am just so sorry. Your post brought tears to my eyes and made me realize how much I have come to really feel like we are a family of sorts. Please keep us posted when you can. We care about you so much and pray for the best. Everything else seems so inconsequential now. I will post later.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Yes Bec please share pics with us
                          jen
                          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Waves, I wanted to say congrats on your decision. Are you going for 30 days and then see what happens, or is it indefinite? And yes, please keep posting over here. I would hate to lose our little community......
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Good Morning All!

Oh, Gypsi, I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.Congrats Becca and SM, Mary! that is great! YES, Dilayne! Didn't think you would ever consider pouring wine out . . right?? Good for you! I am quite happy that you are there. Trish, that is so great, cutting back is a wonderful way to do this, it breaks the habit over a period of time.

As far as silliness goes, I think Judie is right, it is part of the healing process. The only thing I had tough time with is if I only have a limited amount of time dedicated in a day/week to be here at the boards by the time I have caught up my time is gone, no time left to reflect and post.

Gotta run as I need to leave early today. I am going to a fund raisers for our illustrious Governor this evening. I have art directed, designed and illustrated the animations for his Truancy Prevention program and still working on the Investment Partnership program which is bringing tons of jobs to NM and better roads. Looking forward to meeting him. Will probably have one glass of wine and just carry it around for the most part sipping it through the evening.

Have a wonderful day all!

Hugs and Love,
                              Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X