the children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the children

my children have been affected with the amount of drinking that has been going on the house, but now we are getting ourselfs sorted i can see a difference, we have a social worker because of it and she is getting us help for my youngest who is only 7 and didnt know his daddy sober until now.

ally xx

the children

Ally,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

the children

I'm glad to see that you are getting it all sorted out, Ally. I'm glad the social worker is helping. Keep posting here, and we'll try to help, too!

All the best,

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

the children

It took my daughter stopping talking to me for me to really evaluate what I'm doing to her and myself. I quit October 13th and after a week or so, she started talking to me. Just that one week was enough for me finally understand I really, really had to quit. I'm so glad I found this site!!!!

Ally, good luck! Sometimes people need a "reality" check. I'm doing this for my daughter. I couldn't do it for myself!
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

the children

When you think about it and you start 'solving the problem' i thing that things go better and better keep trying and when you try for something the reward is great espesialy from your children

Comment

the children

Fairy
            A lovely thought

Comment

the children

I thought I was slick and getting away with it but my children, mostly my 13 year old daughter have been very affected by my constant drinking at home. We had a bad Sunday and I've been sober since. I found this site and MWO last summer but I guess i didn't have enough motivation. I know now I don't want to miss anymore of my kids' lives being half in the bag.

Good luck to everyone, this is a great place for support.

Comment

the children

Welcome ThuzzyQ..... interesting name!
                Yeah, my daughter (who is 9 and sharp as a tack) was a huge motivation for me to face my loosing battle with alcohol. I want her to be proud of me. And, I want to love her as much as she deserves! Which is a ton!!
                good to have you here.

Olly

Comment

the children

Hi ThuzzyQ and :welcome:

I too have a daughter, she is 9, and is aware that mum drinks too much ...............

She was a huge part of my motivation and i'm now on day 11 AF.

All the best to you on your journey.

Love & Hugs, Paula xxx :h :l :h
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

the children

Until lately, what scares the bejeezus out of me is the reality of my daughter being under the age of two and that she can't look out for herself. What in the heck would happen if the place were to be on fire, or she hurt herself or something of that nature and I was passed out???? I would NEVER forgive myself.

Our children and their emotional and physical well being is enough for us to want to be well!

Comment

the children

wow, i thought i had it rough, i was wrong, I have much less to worry about than some of you, you are all in my thoughts and prayers, and you are all an inspiration
                      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

the children

My daughter is one of the reasons Im here. She's 4 and I dont want to hurt her. I dont want her seeing me drunk. I dont want to embarass her and I dont her to be the one with drunk mom.

Comment

the children

One of the main reasons I am here too. My twins are 4 and baby is 18 months. I want to get it together and be a sober part of their lives and like Accountable said...be able to act if an emergency happens. That scares the crap out of me too.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

the children

You have made great step to come here and wright to forum. It is nice to see persons that have taken this kind of decision. My mom is still trying to take this decision and as time passes it becomes harder..But your children will support you in everithing that you do, and will be next to you always don't worry about that. I hope you keep trying and the faster you believe that you can do it, the faster it will became piece of cake
                            :h

Comment

the children

Hi Fairy
                              Good to see you back.

Comment

Working...
                              X