Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday

Hi all,
    Allie's tale of Becca in the race was beautiful, so poignant. Ive been reading through my past diaries this morning so feeling emotional and full of loving memories. My Dad battled lymphoma. He was given a maximum of 5 years and lived for 19 years. He loved life and gave hope to everyone around him, always being positive and giving out happiness to others. People who are ill seem to be such special people and have special qualities. When the end came he was ready and welcomed it. I pray daily for all those on here who are struggling with family health issues.

I've been thinking about pressure. I used to swim when I was younger and I can remember one race where it was timed but you didn't all set off at the same time. Because I had no idea how fast others were swimming I really pushed myself to catch up with those I knew must be in front of me. At the beginning of the last length someone told me that I had the best time so far. I went into panic mode because now I wasn't catching others I was having to keep ahead. I came second!

Waves x
    Enough is enough

Tuesday

Mornin' Muffins! HI Waves, what thoughts you have filled me with this morning. I feel the same way about people with illnessess..I'm in awe of the grace and dignity that so many possess when they reach that inevitable stage of life..which it is for all of us...some just get there sooner than others and when they embrace it with such grace, it makes me that the more ready for it myself.

You story about the race is also poignant...it is a lot scarier and lonlier, really, to be out in front isn't it?

I've got to go back and read about Becca's race...running behind here!
    Namaste!

Comment

Tuesday

some deep thoughts there

Good morning muffins! those are some deep thoughts this morning girls, can't relate personally, but you got me thinking....my uncle had lymphoma, dad died suddenly, in his sleep, so didn't have time to give, actually was miserable towards the end because his drinking and smoking habits were taken away suddenly by his docs. He was not happy about that...............Don't know how I would handle that, right now it is all my choice.....hmmmmmm.

Anyway, about the competition also, never really the competitive type,did do track for a while, but don't quite remember the feeling of what you felt waves, sounds exciting though, really thought provoking......thanks for the , like I said, thought provoking deep thinking way to start my day (even though it has been going for about4 hours already.....) love you for sharing that with us!:h

Nothing so profound to share except that I plan to go AF again tonight, ended up having 2 beers last night at the mall, didn't plan it, just habitally happended grrrrr, but I will try to use it as a lesson, and next time at the mall w/ the kids do something different to have it not happen again???

Oh well, today is a new day and I woke up feeling ok in spite of my mess up......
      Everyone have a WONERFUL Tuesday, I'll try to check in later!!!

Love you all.....Judie, Jen. Dilayne, Waves, Lusch, Allie, Becca, Rachel, Gypsi, Pussicat, Mike, Jerrybear, Mary , MaryMK, anyone I forgot!? (I am sure there is someone)

Comment

Tuesday

I just read Allie and Becca's story about the raise..totally AWESOME ladies!
        Waves, you can do 30 days..but one day at a time is the best way. You go girl. I always loved the phrase, 'there's freedom in commitmen'..it's so true for me! Hi MaryAnn, MaryMK and everyone else!

Comment

Tuesday

Hi all,

Catching up on last Friday and weekend posts today. You ladies are gorgeous!

Judie, you are a beauty and the pic with your grandma is sooooooo special!

The Allie, Becca story - I am usually in here laughing or spewing coffee over my keyboard with so many of you comedians but this story had me crying. that is so touching and so beautiful. How inspiring Becca!

Do any of you remember me saying one of my friends ended up in a wheelchair in the summer because her back surgery didn't work well? She has been learning to walk again with braces and a walker, she fell about two weeks ago while holding onto her walker and broke her pelvic bone in 6 places and chipped her tailbone. There is a lady with that indomitable spirit. She is an event planner and trying to run some of her previous bookings from her hospital bed!

You are all right, we can learn so much from the spirited people who go ahead of us and shine the light on the path.

The Governor's reception last night was nice. It was at one of my clients houses. He throws the most incredible parties. It was a pleasure to meet the governor. I had one and a half glasses of wine as he didn't get there for about 2 and1/2 hours. Hardly ate so I really didn't feel the hottest. It is hard for me to imagine that I could drink that much hard alcohol a few months back and not feel weird and now, just a small amount of wine makes my stomach kind of yuk unless I pile the food on. OR . . maybe it is the water that usually makes me feel OK?

I want to really catch up individually this week and thank all of you who remember to do so. Quite sweet of you!

My one and only remaining aunt is flying in today. Can't wait to see her, she is such a treat.

Hugs and Love to all of you,
          Mary

Comment

Tuesday

Mary, a Governor's reception? How swanky and good for you for how little you drank. I have discovered that even a little bit of wine with no food is a set up for disaster the next morning. Gotta have those carbs!!! I am just so sad for your friend who broke her pelvis and yet she sounds like she has the right attitude. Puts things in perspective for me today, thanks! Hello to all of the rest of you and hope this Tuesday goes well for all of you........Hugs!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday

I have read a few posts here and a couple on the Gen Board this morning and it looks like the Mods were getting some crap about being to light hearted.

Well, I have been here since February and I can tell you with certainty this will happen:

1. You will at one time write something that will piss someone off.
              2. When you post happy, others are sad.
              3. When you post sad, others are happy.
              4. When you really need to talk about yourself, there is something big going on with someone else that will make you feel like a selfish ass.
              5. The thought you were trying to get across is now lost because your post is 5 levels down from where you thought it would be.
              6. You only get back what you put in. This is big for the newbies and old timers that are lurking. All are welcome here!

I have been to AA meetings and Women for Sobriety meetings and this still by far the best place to be.

Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday

Amen Laura!!!! I have been feeling a bit on the defensive lately because I feel like we are being put down for being nothing but fluff over here and that is the farthest thing from the truth. It ebbs and flows, and can we really help it that we all seem to have similar senses of humor? I would shrivel up and die if I could not laugh during the day. But we do plenty of soul searching and helping each other through tough times too. We all have been newbies here and felt intimidated at first but once you jump in you can see we are a really nice bunch. Thanks for posting that.

Now on a more serious note I wonder how Gypsi and her husband are? Please Gypsi, if you get a free minute please let us know what is going on. You are in my prayers today...........

Comment

Tuesday

Hi Mary (MKR)..I called you MaryMK earlier..sorry..getting my Mary's mixed up :0)

Comment

Tuesday

Big DITTO on your post Laura! Very well spoken ...

Mkr, thats, sad about your friend, but like you said some people have a way of just "rolling" with things. So inspiring for the rest of us.
                    My friend Johnny, who's in a chair is amazing. He calls us "TABS" Temporarily Abled Bodies... there's no guarantee's! He gets more done in a few hours than a lot of people do all day(who can walk)... Talk about inspiration! A lot of it is volunteer work too.

Gypsi, hope your able to get some results soon. As well as getting some rest. Thinking of you & your Family...:h Peace & prayers Sweetie...

Waves, thanks for the swimming story. Great way to start the day! Hoping it gets warm enough to get on the water today(as always.. yep I'm obsessed! But everyone already knows that!)

:l To ALL .... Love ya Gals & Guys.... Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday

Yes I was thinking about Gypsi all day yesterday and this morning. I really got on my hubby last night about getting rid of some extra weight around the middle and getting his blood pressure checked, etc.

I'm having a bad day myself. I have been off the Topa for over a month now and have been doing fine on mods and then Bam! I have been slipping on everything. I went way over my weekday limit last night. I feel like a failure today. I thought about drinking all week last week. I hurried my child through something so I could get home early one day last weekend so I could drink. I haven't done that in months.
                      I checked on the Topa I have and I have enough for a month so I guess I'm going to start again and I ordered RJ's new hypnos today to hopefully get me motivated, but I am really down today.

Laura
                      Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday

Lush, Sorry I just missed you in chat last night! There was so much taliking I was trying to catch up ... & "click" ...you were gone! I'm starting to get a complex in there!
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday

I'm sorry Laura. Did you stop the topa because you thought you would be okay without it, or were you having side effects? I really cannot stress enough to all of us that when we go outside the boundaries we have set for ourselves we MUST focus on all of the positive changes we have made in the last months. Focusing on the negative could perhaps backfire and make you want to drink more. So Laura, for today focus on all of those days that you did what you had wanted for yourself, where you were either AF or moderated really well. It will turn your mindset around. Hope you start feeling better.

P.S. Jude, don't get a complex in there. That time of night people are right in the middle of making dinner or helping kids with homework so some of us suddenly disappear. I burned my dinner thanks to the chat room last night!

Comment

Tuesday

Becca--Kudos to you on the race and it looks like you're inspiring many of us to get up off our--hindsides.

Laura and Lush--I cannot thank you enough for your words. The laughs I had been getting from the mods board had helped me with my drinking. I needed to laugh and sometimes the rest of my world seems so tuned out that I wonder if pulse checks would be in order. I have also really liked the way humor melded with serious stuff.

So someone write something funny, already . . .

E

Comment

Tuesday

I agree E. I am in the middle of two frickin hours on hold with my credit card company right now who changed my due date by 10 DAYS and so now my account is late so I am not the one to be funny right now. In fact homicide is crossing my mind. C'mon someone quick. Humor please.

Comment

Working...
                              X