I admitted it today :-((( /women only/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today ,Oct.24th, I had to admit that I am alcohol dependant.Over!
    End of fooling around myself and the others - friends,docs etc.!!!I faced the truth!But here is my story.
    I am 41 y.o. famale. I've got married 5 years ago for the most right and caring guy that I could ever met. For those 5 years I was trying to conceive a baby in vain - without having any physical obstacle I went through 5 unsucsessful IFV treatments. From being a beautiful,sucsessful and self-confidend lady little by little I started to feel inferior, lost in life with no prospective second-hand woman.
    Now I'm not trying to tell you that I have never drink before. I love badly the nice wine. But it was dring for pleasure.
    Suddenly /may be it just looks suddenly/7 months ago I've got deep depression. I spoke to my husband and we looked for help - shrink,neurologist and all that...antidepressants. The depression only deepened because its reason had no solution. We were against addopting a child but I started thinking over it. My husband remained implacabe.I found myself in the middle of nowhere drinking over and over again and mind it drinking no more wine but sometimes half a liter whiskey per day willing to black out my desperate thoughts and meaningless life.Finaly my instict of survival appeared and made up mind to addopt a child with or without him!The feeling of despair evaporated but I kept on drinking. At the end I won in 13 rounds bloody box match and my husband surrenderred.We are going to addopt a child!
    Today I went to the bank and I hardly signed the papers - my hands were shaking, my breath was missing and my heart was in my throath. I had to admit my witdrawal symptoms cos' I quit drinking 2 days ago!
    However I'm determined to hold on!Thanks to the site creators and also to you all my brothers in arms for listening to my common story!Wish you luck in the fight with the human wickness and desrair!

just remember you are more than you appear to be, all you need to succeed in this life is within you and is available to you at all times. look at what you've come through and you've come out the other side. it takes a strong and powerful person to do that. your past does not define your future. use your past for guidance and understanding.

Comment

Unregistered wrote: just remember you are more than you appear to be, all you need to succeed in this life is within you and is available to you at all times. look at what you've come through and you've come out the other side. it takes a strong and powerful person to do that. your past does not define your future. use your past for guidance and understanding.
      whoever u r - thank you so much for the touching words. i cried out after reading it but i now i feel more purified and powerful.may GOD bless you!

Comment

I too recently admitted I had a problem with Alcohol, wine to be exact. I am a 38 yr- old- stay-at-home-mom, and I feel so ashamed of myself.

Comment

there is never any need to feel ashamed, whatever happened in the past will serve you at a future point in your life. it will help you develop your understanding and help you guide others in their actions. is it possible to be grateful for the past and what it may have taught you? you have begun a journey to finding a better way to live which few ever begin. this takes ultimate courage which you possess.

as thoreau said "you only find your way when you are truly lost"

Comment

ME Myself, as you can see this is NOT AN UNCOMMON PROBLEM... You have nothing to be ashamed of.:h

:welcome: , Glad you've found us! You are NOT alone ...:l read & post as much as you can. Do you have the My Way Out Book? That's an excellent place to start, as well ...Looking forward to getting to know you more.

Judie

Hang in there, it DOES GET BETTER!
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi Me Myself,
              your story is very touching!!!!! please keep posting and hang in there

Comment

Hi Kizz and Me Myself!:welcome:

You can do this! Many here are livin proof!

There is a country song out now that says..."if you're going through hell, keep on going"..... Get up, dust yourself off and keep moving in a positive direction.

God bless you all.
                Nancy:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

loves wine- I recently tried to quit and failed several times. I have tried aa but that has been at best moderately successful. I discovered this site by accident and now have determined that I can whip this porblem with support from folks on this website and in chat sessions. Merlo wine is excellent and I have developed a great taste. not into beer or whiskey. will continue to try soberiety- camp. was of no use to me. Jim

Comment

The Wine

Morning Jim ...

I am one of the wine ones as well .... except my poison is nice chards.

This is only Day Three for me of trying to take a bit of control. I have also tried AA and didn't find it helpful.

I am still being the "your Fooling Yourself" stages ... but my thoughts right now are:

I didn't get to this place in one or even 10 days ... and I'm not going to be able to get that fast either.

For me, for now, staying focused on limiting consumption as well as pushing myself to get things done that I have dropped so long ago .... has made for a MUCH better 2 days than I have had in a long time.

I'm trying to set baby goal steps for myself each day ... yesterday was not perfect ... but pretty darn good!

The people here are AMAZING ... stay with us.. there seems to be many new here so we can do this together.

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Californian Zinfindels

Is my Bad Wolfs beverage of choice...

It's been 12 days and not a drop of anything! I have to tell you, today was TOUGH!

I have moments of - WOW, I can do this- moments of feeling like I am kidding myself. Like now- just back from venturing out on a FRIDAY night- not to the liquor store- but to a bookstore, only to find that they do not stock MWO anywhere in my Province!!!! LOL- you'd think I could catch a break?

Hang in there with me... we are all rocking in the same boat,

Skootie
                      "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Hi Skootie,

I ordered my book at Barns & Noble. They did have to order it and it took a week. You can download it on this site from RJ'S blog, I think.

Tell your "Bad Wolf" to roll over and be(not play) dead!

Good to have you here.

Nancy:l
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi to everyone on this thread,

Just a note of encouragement about this program. It WORKS. I have been on it for just over a year now.
                          I used to drink wine like water. Now, months go by without me having a drink at all and I don't miss it.
                          A year ago I never thought this would have been possible given the state I was in...but with a strong determination to change my life around I have made it this far.

I can't tell you it wasn't a struggle at times. That is to be expected. The supplements recommended in the book will help to get you through the rough times. The cravings. But your determination is also needed to overcome any thoughts of drinking for the sake of getting drunk ; or drinking at all until you know your brain no longer demands a daily alcohol fix. I stayed away from alcohol for 5 months after I started the program. When I took that first drink, I thought long and hard about really wanting or needing it considering what that poison can lead to if not controlled.

The bottom line .....there is plenty of hope here.
                          This site provides wonderful support, motivation, inspiration, genuine concern, and lots of information. I have no idea where I would be now if I had not found this place.

Best of luck to everyone.

Unregistered....your postings are truly insightful. please keep posting.

CC

Comment

all -- wine is my drug of choice it is hard to quit... and I don't know why...
                            I can fly ... I just don't know it yet

Comment

Regarding the wine ... My vice as well ...

I actually had a DR tell me once that in trying to cut back or quit, we have gotten used to the sugar levels wine gives us .

I actually drank a root beer soda (for the first time in maybe 10 years of drinking ANY type of soda) .. yesterday morn ... and again this morning ...and it seemed to help ...

With wine, the sugar may also be an issue. Maybe someone with more knowledge could address this?

Just a thought ..

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Working...
                              X