I'n starting today - EEEEEK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting out with 25 mg of Topa this afternoon and am very nervous about it. I'm not very comfortable in taking any kind of drug....except alcohol. Don't want to lose my hair or something else like the side effects discussed in the book. Has anyone lost hair or had eyes problems or pain? Those would be the ones I dread most. Been on the supps for 3 weeks alone now starting the meds.

Any feedback would be helpful,

Thanks,

Joe

4 days

for me, so far...
    I'm tired. I kinda feel like a lump on a log. The first day, I did feel a bit of the shooting pains in my arms and legs, in fact, they're still there a bit. Hair still on my head, though. I think I'll take it later in the day, and maybe I won't feel so lumpish...Just my experience. My cravings are down about 30-50%!!
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
    Plato

Comment

Hi Joe,

I haven't had any hair loss, and I'm up to 200 mg. I don't have eye pain, either, although my eyes get a little itchy sometimes, like I have allergies. I get easily tired, though. Hope this helps!

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hi Joe,

I have also been on topa for -- gosh, I can't remember how long now, is that a bad sign? :H It's been at least 2 or 3 months. I'm at 200 mg and have had no side effects that were bad enough to make me consider stopping the drug. Here is what I have noticed, though:

-- Some fatigue, especially late in the afternoon, early evening
        -- Change in hair texture, like it was dry. But it did not fall out.
        -- No eye pain. I just had my eyes checked recently and the pressure was normal.
        -- Some difficulty finding the right word occasionally but this has gotten better over time.

I don't know whether your goal is moderation or abstinence; mine was moderation at first but that did not work for me, so now I'm doing abstinence long term. I found some relief from cravings at about 75 mg, but at 200 mg the cravings practically disappeared.

Hope that helps.... of course it is just one person's experience!

Mike
        "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Your input helps. I was just nervous about taking meds not prescribed, I had to go to River Pharmacy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X