Rach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rach

I thought I was on top.....................Wrong.................. drank tonight and feel like an absoultue piece of shit...............

Rach

Tomorrow is another day Rach. Pick up and keep trying. We've all been there! I've been there quite a few times! Keep the faith!

XOXOX

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Rach

I am sorry Rach, but you know we all can relate. I doubt very few people started out on this program and were 100% perfect from the beginning. Focus on what you have done right and are proud of and move on from there.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Rach

Thankyou fiends.

I think my husband not giving up drinking is also making it pretty challlenging. But I will get there.

I hope to create a bond with like mindid peiple like yourselves.

Take care Rach

Comment

Rach

Rach, I know how you feel. Hubby will not quit until he has a medical reason to - I know that. The fact that he drinks a different "poison" than I do makes a difference. I just finally had to decide that it doesn't matter what he does - I need to do this for me. I need to do this because I want to be productive, I want to be healthy, I want to live longer, I want to lose weight, and I want to wake up feeling good, enjoying every day. I am tired of wasting my time in bars and waking up with regret. If that's his choice fine. He holds his booze better than me, and it doesn't seem to affect him as much, so I have to stop making my decisions based on what he is doing and what works for him.

It's hard, but it can be done. I am reaching out to find more activities that do not include drinking, whether they include him or not. I am not willing to end my marriage over this, but I am not willing to end, or at least deteriorate my life because of my marriage!!

:l Hang in there - we can do this. Let yestday pass and focus on today.

Barb

Comment

Rach

Hi Rach:

Been there thousands of times. I have quit so many times in the past, all with the best of intentions.

I get to feeling good. Feeling clear, and then the monster creeps up. An overwhelming and powerful urge to drink that stops all other rational thought.

All memories of past hangovers, and past vows to make it the last one, all blotted out.

All the best thoughts, of making a new life for yourself, become second or third priority.

Keep trying. You can do it. I'm still hanging on myself, sometimes hour to hour.

Don't give up.

Neil

Comment

Rach

Hang in there Rach. I thought I was on the wagon, and I'm off again for the past few days. Keep trying. This is you against the monster. Though you love your husband, but in this matter unfortunately it's each to his/her own.
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Rach

You guys can do it. Just keep on tryin to whip it.
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Rach

Keep trying

Keep trying and don't beat yourself up.
                  Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X