Jumpin' June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumpin' June

The hard thing about starting a monthly thread is finding a catchy title, so here's my best shot! Welcome to all who choose to keep alcohol in the picture, drinking moderately.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Jumpin' June

Sunbeam,
    Like the title!! Thanks for starting the monthly thread and wanted to let Canadiangirl know that there's no ownership here on the mod squad. The first person up and ready to post is welcome to start the monthly thread.

Here's to a month of occasional drinking!!
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Jumpin' June

Yes, my problem was coming up with a title. Everything I thought of had "June bugs" in it. {{{{{shudder}}}}}
      "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

Jumpin' June

canadiangirl;875025 wrote: Yes, my problem was coming up with a title. Everything I thought of had "June bugs" in it. {{{{{shudder}}}}}
        That's cute CG although catchy titles aren't necessary. More times than not we just post
        Mod Squad Feb thread or Mod Squad March thread etc. Catchy is cute...like MAY we moderate well or MARCH to success, etc. but once again, not necessary. Just important to get a monthly started.

Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Jumpin' June

hey all - well drinking this week I've had 7 drinks 3 in one night and 4 in another(my max was three) - that's my maximum alcohol units per week there - not reached that for a long time.

I had also resumed smoking again (lots) as of tomorrow that's stopping.
          I have been more active tho - swimming, cycling twice to work last week, eating fruit and salad so feeling over all quite good.

I've been reading about mindfulness and depression online and may buy a book on it - just ordered Georgia Foster 'weight less mind' and 'stress less mind' - hypno books and CDs - she does 'the drinkless mind' too.

The hypno tracks work with your inner critic,pleaser and confident part - interesting.
          anyway goals for this week.

no alcohol in week
          no smoking
          max of 3 drinks per night Friday and Saturday
          staying in the moment

Have a good week all - lazy Sunday here before skate practice - I am off for a face mask,leg shave,foot file and long bath in a bit!
          one day at a time

Comment

Jumpin' June

hi all i am a long term moderator as well,sometimes i dont drink anything at all for a week or two,and then i just have 1 or 2 beers, i dont miss it at all,hope to come here more often,wishing you the best

Comment

Jumpin' June

well folks, i'm back from my vacation. drank everyday.
              not as much as previous vacations but still...
              good news, i never even had a hangover. so, i didn't over do it, but i still drank 2 drinks at lunch or in the mid afternoon(along with everyone else) and 3 drinks in the evening. i didn't really count. i think one night i had only 2 drinks in the evening and one night i had maybe 4. i am feeling a tad guilty about it although i was one of the lighter drinkers on the trip.

now, here is the hard part for me. i'm scared of the ocd fear again. those of you who know about my ocd fear of alcohol withdrawal will understand. so, i am now thinking that i have to taper down again before i can have an AF day.
              ugh. i actually am looking forward to an AF day. LOL
              so, yesterday i had no drinks at lunch, cause we were driving back home. and i won't have any drinks at lunch again. that is strictly for vacation only.
              last night i had 3 drinks.
              how much should i taper? or again, do i even need to taper.
              i'm going to fill in my drink tracker so you can see the numbers.

hope everyone is having a more successful start to June than I am.
              i knew this would be a hurdle

Comment

Jumpin' June

Hi Clare,
                Welcome! Another member of the occasional drinking thinking. Great to have you here. Don't be a stranger.

LetGo, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We all wish you didn't have to deal with the OCD, but we play the cards we are dealt. Vent away! You know you don't have any risk of alcohol withdrawal, but I also understand your brain isn't being rational about this. Congrats on a successful vacation , I believe drinking way less than in the past.

Bear, congrats on staying at your 7 drink limit. Sounds like you are figuring out how to make your own path to moderate drinking. It is definitely a learning experience.

I had a great AF afternoon today. Got a lot of painting (priming) done in the new bathroom. At least on one wall I am ready to put up the final coat - I'm eager to see that. Also got some after-rain weeding and mulching done.

Take care, all.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Jumpin' June

Hello June Jumpers,

I think I may be ready to join you in June.

I did 8 weeks AF and Believe I am ready to mod.

The last 2 Friday nites I have had dinner out with My Husband and chosen to have a single glass of 'great Red' with my meal.
                  I cannot believe how empowering that felt,
                  I knew I could easily have none but to stop at one was just amazing,
                  This week I actually demanded the keys from my husband (who just smiled and handed them over) and drove us home.

I have not had any other alcohol nor any strong cravings.

Here's hoping.

Oh..I do know that I cannot relax and turn my back completely or I will be pulled under.
                  Happy to be back

Comment

Jumpin' June

Hi Jacqrabbit,
                    Welcome to the group! Do you wish to state your goal? It isn't clear to me whether you plan to stick with occasional drinking, or try a higher frequency. You are welcome to post her in any case, with or without goals.

Comment

Jumpin' June

Sunbeam;879417 wrote:

LetGo, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We all wish you didn't have to deal with the OCD, but we play the cards we are dealt. Vent away! You know you don't have any risk of alcohol withdrawal, but I also understand your brain isn't being rational about this.
                      Well said and good advice to our sweet Letgo. Wish she didn't have to worry about that as well and your advice to just remember it isn't rational thinking is well spoken.

Hi to our new members!

Really hot here and really craved a beer last night. Was nice to just have one and be done. Hate it when I have that craving feeling for more and it still happens from time to time when I really do want more than 2 on Fri. or Sat. when I really give myself permission to drink. So, I have to keep working the program like so many others.

The true occasional would be a nice accomplishment. Still working toward that one.

Eve11

Comment

Jumpin' June

sun and eve, yep, i gotta do what i gotta do and it sucks

anyway, i had 3 drinks sunday and 2 and a half monday. tonight i have to go to an event which will likely last until 930p and so i am going to have to be AF. i'm scared about it. but it seems silly to come home and have a glass of wine after. i would love to be AF but what if i have withdrawals? i won't have a seizure, right? last time i was af was the Friday before my vacay so that was 10 days ago.

Comment

Jumpin' June

Oh, honey! You won't have a seizure! But I know, with all my heart and soul, how so-called "irrational" fears feel to an irrational mind. It's not trivial, and for me at least, the fear actually hurts. For me (only), the fear could literally be as painful and distressing as the actual withdrawals. Maybe you could tell yourself that *if* you feel shaky, you can have a sip or two or wine and that will - certainly - stave off any withdrawals...? I find (again, just for me, not advice to anyone else) that if my mind is going to play tricks on me, I have to play tricks on it back again. :h

Good luck!
                          "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

Jumpin' June

CG - you hit the nail on the head. it's nice to know that you know how i feel.
                            i decided that if i feel too scared to be AF that I will allow myself one beer or glass of wine when we get home. on the other hand, i'd love to proof to myself that going AF tonight won't cause seizures...so we'll have to see how strong i'm feeling later.

i got to get back on track. either way, i'm tapering and will get back to my AF days within a couple of weeks.

sounds like you have been doing great!! there seems to be much success on the boards this month so far.

XO

Comment

Jumpin' June

dang. the event i went to actually HAD alcohol which surprised me.
                              i ended up having 2 beers. i feel like i'm starting over. which actually doesn't surprise me because i pretty much knew my vacation would blow it for me.
                              so. here i go again. taper and worry. this sux. i actually don't drink as much as most people i know, but i worry about it 100 x more than they do.
                              ocd + alcohol = ridiculous.

so. i'm back on my taper down then getting some af days under my belt.
                              by next week, at least 1 AF day, hopefully 2.
                              geez.

Comment

Working...
                              X