Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Oct 25th, I think...

Kind of lost track of the days travelling cross country!:H
    Well, tremendous thanks again for the support, everyone. Allie, I hope you are feeling better today. I hope everyone who expressed painful feelings and shared difficult times is working through them and starting to heal. Suppose that is one of the reasons we are all here.
    Good morning to everyone, and I hope your Wednesday (it is wednesday, right??) hee hee!! is a great one. Off to work. Back to serious mods for me, although as far as the drinking went, hubby and I did pretty well in San Fran. I'd say only 1 day of indulgence, and it wasn't too bad. I paced myself and had a very nice evening. I have to do some thinking about amounts of drinks, plans, topa, etc., before I get into the "no plan so I blow it" problem. I'll let you all know. I liked my May (I think it was May) plan. It was the 5,4,3,2,1 plan. Was anyone here to remember that? Allie, you probably do. Tawny too. If Kathy pops over, she might. That was a good plan.... hmmmm. I'll be thinking!
    Talk later!

Hi all -

We finally got a diagnosis last night, and it's not good. He's got stage IV lung cancer that has spread to his brain, where there are three tumors. Surgery is not an option, as the cancer is too far advanced. The plan is to get back home as quickly as possible so he can start radiation/chemo, which will hopefully prolong his life past the few weeks that he would have if he doesnt' get the treatments. My head is still reeling with all of this. It was only supposed to be a stroke...

I will be totally honest - I want to get drunk so badly right now (yes, even though it's only 5am) I can hardly stand it. Worse, I'm not on my supps right now, there was no time to get them before we came down here. So you can imagine just how bad the cravings are. However, I've learned since I've been here that getting drunk won't fix anything, just create more issues, which I really think I"ve got plenty of right now. I just wish I had a plan 'b' for how to deal with all of this, cause drinking is all I've ever known for handling life issues. Suggestions?

BTW, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!! :l :l :l
    :teeter:

Comment

If today is Wednesday 25th that means

tomorrow is the 26th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
      Enough is enough

Comment

I am so sorry Gypsi. This is going to be tough ride no matter how you handle it. All I can do is pray for you both to find the strength to cope.
        :l Love Waves
        Enough is enough

Comment

oh Gypysi im so sorry.
          plan b-you are gonna have some profound moments as im sure you are experencing right now. Dont dull them with booze you will want to remember them later. They are not all gonna suck i promise.:l
          much love,
          mojo

Comment

Oh, Gypsi,

All I can say is I'm thinking of you.

Tawny

Comment

I have been in a similar situation. It was hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep in touch

Brian

Comment

Our Thoughts & Prayers are with you...

Gypsi

I am so sorry to hear your news - just know that we are thinking about you. I can understand your need to "drink it away" or get tipsy to get out of the reality that's there - been there done that. No one is ever prepared to have a critically ill spouse - it's the worst. Please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do...:l
                Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                "

Comment

Dear Gypsi,

I am so terribly sorry you are going through this. I am sure your are completely in shock. Everyone posting above this had some thoughtful advice. There are still beautiful moments ahead to share together . . . being capable of remembering them will be a good thing.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, please post as often as you need.
                  We Love You,
                  Mary

Comment

Gypsi, I too am just so sorry about this. And such wise advice on here to be clearheaded through it all. Words seem so small right now but please know we all care.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

i am so sorry for your pain. i wish we could take it all away for you.

Comment

Gypsi,:l
                        I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish we were all right there with you right now. I so want to wrap my arms around you Sweetie. You are being so brave.

Still thinking & Praying for you both:h
                        Thanks for keeping us updated, and stay close if you can...:l
                        Judie
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Dear Gypsi,
                          Just thinking of you. I do not have any answers. Wish I did. But you do -- deep inside. Let God help you see. Just cope with today, dear One. Do your best, that is all God asks -- it seems to me. You have a lot of prayer support here so that should also help out with all of it, not just your habit. Chrysa

Perhaps plan B could be -- just get through. I know you will want to be there for your husband so that in itself is the motivator to do what is best.

Comment

:l Gypsi--

This is such frightening news! I can imagine that you're still struggling to absorb it all.

I know something about cancer treatment strategies. I'm going to PM you my telephone number, should you care to speak. If you get switched over to voicemail and you leave a number, I'll call you back as soon as I'm free.

In the meantime, love and many hugs.

:heart: E

Comment

Gypsi--

I forgot to say that if you call me or PM me with a mailing address and the supplements you are taking, and I have the same supplements on hand, I'll gladly mail them to you.

E

Comment

Working...
                              X