Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a private message i got

here is what i got as a PM today
    "Your OCD compulsion about your withdrawals has gotten old. You know perfectly well you are not going to have a seizure from only drinking 2-4 drinks a day, and you have already proved it to yourself time and time again. Perhaps you should consider going to an OCD website because you carrying on like this is insulting to those of us who wish we could stick to 2-4 drinks a night, and there is more to your issue that goes far beyond drinking"

i'd just like to say that whoever wrote this can go to hell. screw you.

oh, and the subject line was "would you just spare us please?"
    nice.

I didn't think you could get an anonymous PM. Guess I'm wrong. Why don't you contact the moderators. No one should be treated that way. Best of luck!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

it wasn't anonymous. it was from a newly created member, 123, apparently created just to be an ass to me.

Comment

Fricking coward. Sorry you had to go through that. I would contact the mods anyway in case the id is used again. Take care!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

thanks techie. it hurt my feelings even if it was cyber-feelings

Comment

Don't let it bother you Letgo, anyone who has to make up an alias to send a nasty pm obviously has issues of their own...
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

My situation is the opposite. No-one hardly ever p.m's me. :upset: (except for a beautiful regular correspondent)
              Would someone, anyone, please p.m. me. Anytime, about anything. I don't even care if it's abusive. It can just get lonely here sometimes.

Best wishes LGL.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Letgo,

You can block all PMs in your user options. If you don't use PMs very often that could be a solution. Or you could do it temporarily for a few weeks so if this person tries to do it again and the message is blocked they might give up.

Or just forward them on to Guitarista - he'd love it!

Guitarista;885693 wrote: Would someone, anyone, please p.m. me. Anytime, about anything. I don't even care if it's abusive. It can just get lonely here sometimes.
                :H:H
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

BTW,

On another recovery forum I'm on you have to make a certain number of posts before you can send a PM. It prevents exactly this situation - some fuckwit making up a name just to post nasty PMs. If you have to make a number of posts first, it takes a bit of time and would probably deter all but the most warped minds.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

LGL, I don't discredit the fact that this person has taken it upon themselves to psycho-analyze you without even knowing you as a person; even diagnosing you with OCD's. They have also taken from you the right to feel what it is you're feeling whether that fear is unfounded or not. That is not acceptable behaviour in my eyes.

But, at the same time this person has questioned your fears over withdrawals, which you've somehow felt you've needed to publicly defend. I agree that the pm was uncalled for and could of been said openly on one of your threads regarding this matter.

When I went through treatment I couldn't bare the thought of being challenged in some way because it left me feeling vulnerable. I didn't like hearing a lot of stuff about myself but I needed to hear it if I was to make any kind of progress. Thankfully I was in a safe and respecting environment where I was challenged with no vindictiveness but in a respectful and loving manner. That's not always going to be the case on a public forum where you have people who are still displaying behaviours from there addiction.

So although I disagree with the pm I also feel the scenario you find yourself in (being challenged) does not need to be acted out here publicly with a display of sympathy from others. There is some real lessons of growth here for you if you have the self honesty to ask yourself the right questions. Don't pass that up.

Many Blessings
                    Phil
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

LetGo,
                      I am so sorry you received this pm. Most people here are very kind and helpful, but not everyone always.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

LGI.....Their are some mean spirted people that come on this site. They are so into their own sickness that they don't have the copacity for compassion. Alcohol has blinded them into anger.....these people just want to strike out to anyone and everyone. They show up on this site from time to time....don't pay any attention to them unless they continue, then get a hold of the moderator. Remember: Most of us here do want to hear from you....it makes us stronger when we can help. IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, I'm shocked. And surprised. You post infrequently enough as it is, and hardly come across as perserverating over one thing. And I disagree that you have to feel in any way that this could be a "learning experience". This person is clearly envious and the envy is causing him/her to be vicious. End of lesson, and fffffftttttt to that person. I come here and talk about my anxiety. Anxiety anxiety anxiety anxiety anxiety anxiety anxiety anxiety. So there.
                          "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

hi y'all
                            yes, in hindsight i guess i should have just ignored it. i don't need a learning experience from a jerk who has to post something to me in such a mean spirited way. i am not upset with the subject matter he/she chose, i learned that early on on this board that my obsessing over withdrawals can upset those who drink WAY more than i do sometimes. that's why i only post now in the monderation board. i understand that completely.
                            i only exposed the pm so to "expose" the person who did it and not let them get away with being nasty in private, not for sympathy(although, it is nice to hear the words of support). i just think that if you want to post something like that, have the courage to do it in public.

Comment

Hello Let go.

I am new to this 'social networking' thing,
                              never even had a face book or tweet thing.

I thought at 1st that the MYO was great as there was no 'bitchiness'
                              I've realised recently that we too, are not immune to the political BS that you would expect on this type of forum.

Don't take it to heart,
                              Us that matter know that you are fighting fires on many fronts and doing incredibly well.

Be proud.:l:l
                              Happy to be back

Comment

Working...
                              X