Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 27th October

Hi all,
    Firstly I send love to our Soccermom Mary and Gypsi who really need it today. But I don't want to forget any of us who are living with illness on a long-term basis, particularly Allie and MKR Mary or those who are dealing with other emotional problems.:l

Lusch, it was great to see that you have begun your new life in such a positive frame of mind. You sounded so definite in your plans for November it was great to hear...see...read... I don't believe that Jenneh would miss your birthday by accident. She has a special affinity with you. Let's hope that her computer is on the blink and that she gets it mended soon. Thinking of you Jen.:h

Love to all as always.
    Waves x
    Enough is enough

Friday 27th October

Good Morning everyone..and Waves, thanks for getting us started.
    I've been so moved at the life that occurs on this board..even in the illnesses..
    Mary-sm, I think it's perfectly normal for you to have the feelings that you are having..thanks for sharing them here..share till they're gone, only then will you be able to move to a more positive place of strength for him and yourself as you deal with your husband's surgery and recovery. For now..DARN THOSE SAUSAGES!!! I worry about my husband too because he eats so much crap and is over weight.

Gypsi, how are you doing. We'll continue to pray for you both.
    I've just talked to my husband about taking better care of himself! Geez, we do all this work on our marriag for years..start finally getting it right...I sure don't want him to get sick on me!

Lush, sorry you had the downer about your step father..the timing did suck..it sounds like you are happy for him though..funny thing about time..as you get older, you realize how short it is.. a year to a child is an eternity, a year to an old man is a moment!

Hi MKR, Becca, Judie, Mike, Mary Ann, Allie...and everyone I've missed. Have a good day.

AF 11 days - current goals, Abstinence, resume exercise, drink more water, eat better and meditate!

Comment

Friday 27th October

Hi all -
      Mary, so sorry to hear about your husband. It's such a shocker to go to the hospital thinking that the problem is one thing, then it's turns out to be so much more...
      Husband was discharged yesterday. He has to do one more radiation treatment this am, then we're headed to the airport and gettin' the heck outta Anchorage and going home. His prognosis is 10-12 months, but I can't think about that or I really start to lose it. Once we get home, and I'm back on my computers, I can start doing the research that needs to be done. My dad was able to prolong his life, and the quality of his life for years by using herbals, and that's where the focus of my research will be. 10-12 months is just unacceptable to me.

Needless to say, I've been AF since Saturday night. I was absolutely mortified when he said to call 911 and I was drunk, almost too drunk to handle what was going on. Talk about your basic helpless feeling. Bad enough that there's EMT's all over the house; even worse to be drunk and almost unable to function enough to fill out paperwork. One thing I can say - getting sober in an E.R. room is not a fun experience!!

I am seriously behind in all the posts; I've only been skimming them once a day. I hope that all of you are doing ok, and I will catch up this weekend! :l :h
      :teeter:

Comment

Friday 27th October

Well, don't know if I mentioned it or not, but my truck got wrecked this week while I was in Anchorage. I let a friend borrow it, and she hit ice - the rest is history. Here's a link to what my truck looks like now (it's totaled) :upset:

IMG_2415 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Lovely, arent' they?
        :teeter:

Comment

Friday 27th October

Life

Hi Gypsi,
          Life seems to be this way unfortunately. When it hits you with one shock it hits you with lots all at the same time. The one far outweighs the other of course. It's just something else to have to deal with when all you want to do is get your head around the one main concern. We are all thinking of you lots. :l
          Enough is enough

Comment

Friday 27th October

I'm jumping in at the end of the month, but I'll be here for November. November. I got here in June. What a difference! Anyway, I haven't been checking the mods board for a while, and what a sad collection of posts I found. I've been hearing a lot lately about concerns of triviality, but not here. Here is a mix of need and care and laughs as well. Gypsi, I can't imagine what you are going through, and, like everyone else, I will have your family in my prayers. Our arms for each other are very long. For all of you--Allie, soccermom, Mary--I hold you all in my heart.

Comment

Friday 27th October

Welcome to mods land Sophiah!!! I thought you were an abs person but we are thrilled to have a new member over here.

Waves, were you not trying for string of AF days? If so how is it going? After my little setback yesterday with my stepdad being insensitive and telling me is getting remarried what did I do? Well, what I usually do, of course. I turned to my friend Chardonnay. I did not overdo, but I was very aware that in order for me to get a chunk of AF time under my belt in November (and other months) I cannot use that as my crutch anymore. We have talked about this many times before but I am an equal opportunity emotion drinker; I drink if I am sad, I drink if I am happy, I drink if I am angry. I drink, drink, drink. What a habit I have created and it is so hard to change. So just a little fair warning you may hear a lot of whining out of me going for 20 days in November, but I will do it. Rachele, are you still planning an AF November? Even Thanksgiving?

Gypsi, it is just so hard to even know what to say to you because it is all just so sad, and my heart aches for you. I am sorry also about your car; another thing you did not need piled on you right now. I pray you find some really good medical info in your research to help your husband, and perhaps Eustacia can help you with any info. I saw she mentioned earlier in the week she had a friend who went through the exact same thing and survived. She might be a good resource for you.

SM-Mary, how are you doing today? Are you holding up okay? When is the surgery taking place? You are in my thoughts.

Jen, PLEASE get in touch with me if you are reading this. I am missing you.

And thanks Dilayne for the comment about the concept of time as we get older. I am happy for my stepdad if that is his need and he is 78 after all so I know he understands that time is of the essence. I am over it today, but it was very insensitive. Men!!!

And speaking of Men, Fan you just warm my heart and am so glad you found us and have been brazen enough to join the muffin club. I laugh every day at something you write and appreciate you.

Happy Friday to all of those I did not acknowledge. Thanks again for making me feel so special on my birthday. It meant a lot. XOXO
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday 27th October

OMG, this has been an extremely stressful sad time for so many that are here.

Soccermom, Mary, you and your husband are in my prayers. I know you try really hard to think in the positive side of life, I have seen it here for quite some time. Just know we are here for you.

Gypsi, there is just no way to tell you how sad I am about your situation. I have a friend who's husband was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer well over two years ago now. Their approach has been completely nutritional as you mentioned an interest in it. Please PM me if you would like to talk about this.

Yes Sophia, welcome back! Tell us how everything is going.

Dilayne, so right on with the age comment. Seems like yesterday . . .

Mike you are such a stable influence over here and quite brave as someone just mentioned.

Waves, tell us your November plan - good for you!

Judie, yeah, my sister would never go on the spin rides with me, I have had that problem all my life!

Lush, I did not mean to bring back such a horrible memory for you. I really was quite freaked my kid would jump but had no idea he would have been so shell shocked, especially with my youngest having the best time.

Jen, Rachele, Becca, Allie, Karend2, Trish, and anyone else I missed have a wonderful Friday!

Have a big meeting with all the owners of that club this morning, gotta go make some comps.

Hugs, Love and Good Health to all here,
                Mary

Comment

Friday 27th October

Morning Everyone,

Kind of ironic when we first come to these boards, it seems that so many of us are at the brink of completly "loosing it" personally...(I know I was). Then we start getting it together, & all of a sudden it seems like everyone around us is falling apart!

Just so bizzare.... It does seem though, that the less I drink, the more my Hubby does. Don't know what's up with that...

SM Mary, so sorry to hear about your Husband. Pretty scarey stuff. As we all know ... old habits are hard to break. you're in my thoughts & prayers...

My hubby's a big red meat fan. Also has high blood pressure, & is 6 years younger than me, & smokes.... I was vegi, when we met(except for fish), and still pretty much cook that style. Chicken once in a while... guess I need to get my a$$ in the kitchen more. He jokes about not liking tofu... but most of time he doesn't even know it's in there!

Gypsi, glad to hear you're heading home soon. That should be comforting ...Hope you have a good heat source.:h Sorry about your truck, but glad you weren't in it! Peace & prayers Sweetie...

Lush, you survived! Feel any different? You look Mahhvalous Dahlin! Good luck with your upcoming plans for Nov... you CAN DO IT!!

Sophia, welcome back!

MKR, enjoy your meeting, How are the Folks?

Jenneh, Where are you? Hope everythings OK...? We miss ya!

Waves, Great to see you! Thanks for nice start for today...

Fan, How ya doin? kinda quiet today...Hope all is well.

Dilayne , Good to see you too!

To all I've missed... Becca, Mary Ann, Tawny, Precious, Mojo, Cheeks, Allie, ... Love ya ALL!!
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Friday 27th October

Hello everyone
                    I have to say - I am so sorry for worrying people by not posting for a couple of days. I was sent away by my work to argue a legal thing - one of those last minute things! I didnt even have a chance to post here and tell you guys cause my computer at home has pooped out on me and I received a call on Tuesday night from home and left the next morning. I didnt have unmonitored internet access so couldnt check or post at all! I just got back to work.
                    I have missed you guys soooooo much! Lusch, I felt SO badly about missing your birthday, my dearest. I have missed all of you!
                    MKR Mary thanks for your PM and thanks to Lusch and Fan too - you guys are the sweetest!! Bec - I see from the boards you sent me a personal email too but I havent even had a chance to check my personal email yet - you are all such darlings
                    Love you all - I AM BACK!!!
                    LOVE JEN
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday 27th October

Hi Jenneh!

Comment

Friday 27th October

Hey Dilayne you fabulous person, you! I hear you are doing just great! Congrats to you!!! Wonderful to see you, and great to see your success in abs - you go!!! :h
                        Love Jen
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday 27th October

anybody notice my new avatar? Once Upon a Time inspired it...I think I'll keep it a while. I'm personally feeling better and am just giving myself permission to laugh and smile just a little more (thanks to you)...it's not easy to do when there is so much pain and suffering here and everywhere else...I've had to think twice, three times to keep it..but decided that today, I'm going to keep it, and at the same time, hold a warm and healing place in my heart with loving thoughts for all those who need it.

Comment

Friday 27th October

OH!...Thank you Jen! I AM doing really well this week! Thanks! You sweetie!

Comment

Friday 27th October

Oh, and Jen, talking about Avatars..I wanted to tell you that every time I see your avatar, I smile..I did a painting years ago of a young woman/girl looking into a mirror just like your avatar..in it is an older woman..she looks in despair, but she has a rose in her heart..I call it The Mirror on the Path..it represented the time we all have to face ourselves on the path...I didn't even know what it really meant on some levels when I did it..that happens sometimes..like a dream that you don't quite understand...just thought I'd share that with you..that is what I think of everytime I see your avatar..I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X