Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat. Oct, 28

Happy Fall Ya'll!!!!!!!

I hope you all are having a fun weekend! Fall is such a beautiful season. Lets all try to get outside(weather permiting) and soak up the sights and smells of this season!
    I have many happy memories of trick or treating as a child. Going door to door as night falls and the wind in the trees blowing leaves all around. The streets were safer back then!

Also this time of year is when we start to take a "thankfullness" inventory!
    I have so many blessing in my life.
    A 40+ year marriage to my childhood sweetheart.
    Three grown and productive children
    Four grandchildren
    Our health.
    Our home.
    Freedom.
    My faith in a loving God.
    And you dear friends here at MWO.
    I could go on for hours but Me thinks you would nod off!
    So go "play" some and enjoy living and being sober! I am!

:h Nancy & Belle

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYJGUS
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Sat. Oct, 28

Good Morning all,
    It is so nice to be back...It should be a fun weekend...My eldest boy is 8 today....So a bit of fun is definatly on the cards...One of the presents he got was a table tennis set...And a net that you clamp onto the kitchen table...I was just saying to Lisa"This could get addictive...Once the kids are in bed"..
    I'm gonna take Dylan to the park today to play with his new football...Then its indoor tennis...then the driving range....He really is the sporting type...He has asthma quite bad....Life sometimes has a sick sense of humour..
    I,m gonna post my blessings this evening Nancy..We got a busy day...Thats if i got the energy to type after it all.....He might be the sporty type but dad lost that privalige a long time ago...

Hope everyone has a great day...Lots of love (Little Bro) Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Good Morning Nancy and Macks and all to come!
      I LOVE this time of year!
      Gratitude! I have much to be grateful for..Nancy, like you, I have..

A marriage that certainly has it's seasons, but always amazes me with it's capacity to grow

Three precious grown children who are making their way in the world

Four grandchildren who remind us of how precious life is and what a responsibility we have as guardians

A gift of a talent that teaches me, drives me, prunes me and gives me a portal to depths I know I'll never
      fully reach

A job and a manager that allows me to be who I am, gives me what I need and works with my life

A healthy body

Great teachers..writers, artist, theologians, psycologist and all of you

The desire to know God..to learn my lessons..No matter what!

A comfortable and safe home

A small church that thinks of me even if I don't show up for months at a time

A loving family who accepts me for who I am, even if I'm a little 'different' in their eyes

My pets..even though they drive me nuts sometimes..they have lessonss to teach me that I don't even see yet!!!

My gardens

I could go on and on...

I'm headed off to my dream group now in Atlanta, and then get to have lunch at my favorite restaurant..Sweet Tomatoes...the best salad bar in town! YUM

dianne

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Hello Nancy

Thanks for the weeks starts that I caught All Good good :good:

Macks good to hear you and your family are doing well keep posted

Its been all sorts but I kept AF, hope it does not turn around and bite me on the bum

I dont come to town much to speak but that seems to be Ok all of you have such good ways of saying things which we are all about like we are all cut from similar cloths means alote

I am gratefull and dont take things for granted especially here

Is the Scare crow one of us if its got a big heart it is

Any way going back to the Cabin BYE.

Take Care Have a good weekend ALL of you Thanks I do remember all the names just you dont need a list

S

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Just a quick post to say hi to my friends in Absville. I am FINALLY going back to work today. Woo hoo!!! I had to be rescreened for my background check, drug screen, health screen, etc.....even tho I'd been gone for only a month. Thank goodness I was cleared (a bit stressed about all this) and I can finally start earning an income again.
          WELCOME BACK MACKS! I've missed you here!!
          Hope you all have a great weekend. I have so much to be thankful for! I'll try to list my blessings tonight after work. Love, Gina

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Gina, i think your going a bit far with the diet love!!

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

I have a lot to be thankful for as well. Thanks to all of you here in Absville - today is day 19 for me - wow! All of your inspirational posts have kept me going.

I'm up at 7:30 today - having a coffee and then taking my daughter shopping for new clothes. A month ago there was no way I would of even planned a shopping trip on a Saturday - especially in the morning.

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Hey guys!

I finally rolled out of bed around 8:00 this morning! That felt great. I've started staying up later to try to post the first post but have only made it to 10:30-11:30 so far. Think I'm getting old?

Macks.........you just DID post a long list of blessings! We do want hear more though!
                Happy birthday to Dylan! He's sooo cute!:l

Di...........Sweet Tomatoes indeed! Where in Alanta is that? I have a good friend that lives out past Lawerenceville. I feel a visit coming on! She took me to La Madlines(sp) when I was there before. Yummy tomato basil soup!

Farmeress........sorry to hear that you don't get to town very often. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.
                I don't see how being AF could "bite you in the bum"!!

Gina............I know you are relived to be going back to work...Whew! What a trip you took. BTW..my son-in-law is an OBGYN......I understand how it could be hard to work for them!

Meridian.....19 days.. Thats great! A shopping trip with your daughter! Be sure to take all your supps BEFORE you go ! For sure if she is a preteen or teenager! Been there!

I'm off to have some quiet time and finish up some house work. Son and new daughter-in-love will be here tonight and tomorrow!

Later!
                Nancy:l

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Just a saying translated clearing it upt

Nancy I did not say AF it would bite me in the bum

I said Ive been AF I hope it does not turn around and bite me on the bum

Its an expression used in siome in countries it means when your are least checking etc something might surprise you catch you out like come up behind you and surpise you
                  l dont know maybe like you have geese when your looking one way a goose might come up surprise you
                  peck bite your bum your get a surprise

If it dont make sense it is only a saying nothing more I will not mention bums or other parts they dont have any thing to do with AF like you said it was only a saying people some other places but we all have bums it was just a saying used its not rude its a fun saying thing Have a good weekend

Take Care S

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

ok my turn! first and foremost, i have a funny, attractive, handy husband who loves me no matter what. we have 3 beautiful kids who are healthy and smart and filled with personality (particularly the 2 yr.old). my custody dispute for my oldest son will end SOMEDAY and i can look foreward to that. i am going back to work which is scary and fun. i have not had a drink (or even wanted one) in 8 days. umm... what else... i have a great therapist which makes up for having a horrible lawyer (sorry, had to slip that in). my car will FINALLY be paid off in another month. there's always so much more but my kids are calling. thanks for being here and have a great weekend!

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Farmeress
                      OHHHHHHHHH..I didn't take it as being rude. I do see what you mean....the booze may try to slip up from behind and get you!
                      Bum is a ok word here! I get it now.
                      Nancy :O)

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Freckles.........8 days!!!!Great!

Nancy:l

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

I miss you guys....off to work. Still AF.
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

We miss you too, Gabby!
                            Hope you have a good day at work! Light some candles for us! :O)
                            Love,
                            NAncy

Comment

Sat. Oct, 28

Missing you too Gabbs....Dont work too hard...burn the candle at both ends so to speak......Woah that was terrible....Gonna have to kick my own ass for that...

Comment

Working...
                              X