Dublin v meath gaa game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin v meath gaa game

Dublin take on Meath in Sunday's Leinster Football Championship semi-final at Croke Park, throw-in 4.00pm.

A wake-up call for the Dubs is never a bad thing, especially in a Leinster quarter-final game.

For large parts of the encounter with Wexford, Dublin were clueless and the changes in their starting line-up made by Pat Gilroy looked to have backfired.

Whether it was a case of Wexford running out of steam or the Leinster champions getting their act together, well it will become a lot clearer on Sunday when Meath return to Croke Park.

After disposing of Offaly, The Royals would have liked to have made Headquarters their home for the remainder of this year's Championship.

However, Laois forced them to a replay in Tullamore after a thriller in Croker two weeks ago.

Eamonn O'Brien's side did enough to advance past the O'Moore County, despite the sending-off of goalkeeper Paddy O'Rourke.

Already we are left with the question of which Dublin side will turn up this weekend.

Bernard Brogan was crucial to Dublin rescuing their hopes in Leinster, notching 2-04 against Wexford, but even he took time to finding a scoring touch.

Gilroy's intentions are clearly to put together a side that is capable of just more than a stroll through Leinster and a collapse during the last eight.

His substitutions last week looked more like a case of a desperate man rather than being derived from managerial skill.

The Dubs were over-physical and committed themselves too early in their challenges against Wexford, allowing Matty Forde and colleagues to run up a high first-half tally, with frees a big factor.

There is so much pressure on Dublin that it wasn't a huge surprise to see it, a more composed opening could pave the way for an easier progression.

Cian Ward and Joe Sheridan will be a lot more clinical than Wexford if Dublin fail to show up once again.

Wexford's other shortcoming was fitness. Dublin benefited from a superior sharpness, but it shouldn't be a problem for Meath.

So while we wait to see Dublin's hunger in Leinster, Meath's can almost be described as unquestionable.

Starved of success since 2001, they have really disappointed in recent years.

They have the beating of this Dublin side, but whether they have the bottle to see it out is another thing.

The Royals won't be the team to stop Dublin, but it isn't too far away unless we see a significant change in the coming matches.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Dublin v meath gaa game

UP THE DUBS!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Dublin v meath gaa game

UP THE ROYAL!

Comment

Dublin v meath gaa game

YEAH BABY!
        :goodjob:
        :l

:h
        :H
        :crazymonkey:

Comment

Dublin v meath gaa game

well done meath

Comment

Dublin v meath gaa game

Dublin's five-year reign as Leinster champions came to a deflating end as Meath put on a goal-scoring blitz at Croke Park to win by 5-09 to 0-13 and book a Leinster Final date with Louth.

The Royals rattled Stephen Cluxton's net on five occasions - four in the second half - as they reached their first provincial final since 2001, the year of their last title win.

The sides were level five times in the first half, ending it locked at 0-08 to 1-05. The Dubs had the better of the midfield battle for a considerable period of this game, but Meath were clinical in front of goal.

Comment

Working...
            X