Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday 28th October 2006

Hi all,

This site has been a wonderful place to be over the last few days. Such wonderful positive messages for our loved ones who are in such need of support and such humour to reinforce our bonds.

In response to your question Lush and MKR I have done 5 days AF with two days running.( exercise) After having my butt kicked by Tawny I decided that I had to get out of self-pity and self-destruct mode and take positive action. Also the revelation by Mikeupnorth that moderators should not start moderating until after 30 days abstinence shocked me. I hadn't realised that.( Possibly deliberately overlooked-my mind tends to do that- I only hear what I want to hear) I don't want to state my intentions for November as I am not brilliant with pressure as you may remember. However, I will tell any success.

Love to all as always
    Waves x:l
    Enough is enough

Like you, I started with mods before I did my 30 days. That's a message that is not exactly clear on the site, and I think we need to reinforce it. It was only after I'd been hanging around for a while that I realized I had to do my 30 days. It made a huge difference. I did a lot of whining about what all the meds were doing to my digestive system, but once I did abs, I found I didn't need the meds. If I find that I need more than two drinks at a sitting, I'll go back to topa. It's still in my medicine cabinet. Tawny has said we are "self-regulating," and this is the kind of thing I like to see. Tawny kicks your butt and Mike tells you to do your 30 days. Sometimes I think it's possible for us to be too tolerant. I think structure in a program is part of what we need to change our routine. I never exercised at all, and now I feel that if I don't get my workouts in, my entire new life will collapse.

On another note, I was thinking about those of you who are going through major health crises, and it occurred to me that I might go to my virtual friends before I went to my physical ones. It may be that we can be more honest. What does everyone think?

Comment

I think I too tend to turn to you guys first in a lot of situations these days - i think its very important that we can be so utterly honest with one another. Its so refreshing. And there is a lack of judgement here that is beyond words.
      As for the 30 day abs - i too think a period of abs has made a world of difference. Although I have not done the full thirty days thus far - if you look at my tracker you will see 3 instances where I didnt do abs - i have done it the other days and it has made a world of difference at least as far as breaking the weekly habit goes. I now dont havw that automatic urge when i come home from work to drink. Its wonderful - in fact,during the weeks now I just assume i will NOT drink - the mentality has changed. while the weekends are still hard I have come a really long way and this period of abs has made all the difference for me.
      Anyways I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend so far - love you all!
      Love jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

I agree about coming here first before going to the "real" people in our lives. You guys know some things about about me that my real friends do not. And to be honest, you guys made my birthday more special than my real friends did. Well, except for Jenneh forgetting but that is a whole other story.

Waves, I am so darn proud of you. 5 days is HUGE. I am half looking forward to and half dreading November 1st getting getting here. Like Jen I know the weekends will be tough, but what is 30 days in the scheme of life? I am acting like such a baby about it all, and I just know I will find that I will like it and I will feel better. Jen, your drink tracker is so impressive looking!!!

Gypsi, I hope you are getting rest and being good to yourself. And same with you SM-Mary. You are both in my prayers.

Seems like a lot of people did not check in here this week. I hope they come back. Glad you joined us this week Sophiah. Hope all have a good Saturday. It is my official birthday celebration with some friends coming over with really fattening food. Yum. Hugs to all of you my cyber-friends!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey Ya'll!

Lush have fun at your party tonight! Sounds like fun!:wd: :flower:

Just got a call from Mom, she's going to a costume party & needs help w/ a hat... to be continued... :l

Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi:

Lush, just wanted to add my birthday greetings. Happy Birthday!!!! I am new to the forum, but I have really appreciated your positive feedback. I hope that you have a great birthday celebration.

MM
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Thanks Mighty Mouse, that is so nice of you. You sound like a real positive force yourself. We are glad you are here!!!
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey everyone! I have to say I do value my cyber friends a great deal..seems a little strange, but having 24/7 access is great in such busy times..I have friends I have to make phone dates with because they don't 'do' email! I think this is one of the positive things about technology...there definitely are some negatives...anywho.

I think the 30 days Abs is really important personally..for people want Mods or Abs, but especially for those who want mods who have never succeeded in abstinence..I think it really empowers you by giving you the experience of abstinence...kind of like knowing how to balance something because you've experienced both extremes..if you only know one extreme, how would you really know when you are balanced, or in a healthy state of moderation? It really gives you a clearer head in which to set your goals around alcohol as well.

11 days AF here..doing pretty good. Gotta run though, I've got a huge To-Do list here today...
                bye now,
                di

Comment

Good Morning all you wonderful MODS!

First, Gypsi and SM Mary - I hope you are having better heatlh news or at least some time to rest from this onslaught of stressful decisions and situations. How did the surgery go?

I have to agree on the honesty thing, no one in the real world other than hubby and sons know I have done this program. (Once again, sons and hubby all thought I am a really low tolerance drinker.) NOW, I have turned into one, I had one half a beer last night with our pizza and was ready to fall asleep from the relaxing buzz and I did feel really buzzed it was a light beer - come on!

Have a costume party tonight. - The 80's - the hostess said, think Cindy Lauper and Madonna. For me the 80's was bikinis, then maternity clothes, then bikinis, maternity clothes and t-shirts and shorts. Bob Marley and Peter Tosh for music. Oh, well. I think since this is a typical bring on the shots of tequila party (did many many of them last year!) I am going to have to stick with the glass of wine or go for 2 shots of the hard stuff and plenty of water in between. I haven't decided but this is quite the drinking crowd. I am not going to forget the L-glut ahead of time!

I am scrubbing my house to the core as I am hosting my Master Mind dinner this month on Wednesday. Woke at 4:30 and started on the main bathroom. I have to host Thanksgiving so it isn't too far off for keeping the house in this kind of shining order. I ordered up maids last year, my husband HATES having those people in the house. Must serve wine at that one plus a party tomorrow night for a biz associate so there will be wine there. I am thinking the best thing to do is 1-2 drinks at these things and nothing the other days.

I honestly feel way better these days than I use to.

Everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Love you guys,
                  Mary

PS: Welcome Mighty Mouse

Comment

Hi all,

Trying to get a post in this morning around soccer games. I have been extremely busy this week and my oldest has a 5 game soccer tournament this weekend.

Ok, now to the big bitc*

I think it is great that so many of the moderators around here want to do abs or have more af days. But to say that abs is a requirement for Mods is just wrong. I believe in the book is states that it's a good idea, but it is in no way stressed or a requirement. If someone wants to discuss this on the Abs board, great! But to talk about it here is going to turn people off of the program. I know I would have never started if I thought I needed to do this. It was way to stressful to even think about having abs day, let alone going for 30 of them.

I know I just pissed a whole bunch of people off and I am sorry for this. I am really proud of those of you who have been able to accomplish abs, but if being af or not is how we are going to rate a good vs bad day, I don't want to be a part of that.

Laura
                    Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

OOOPS, forgot to say: Waves - that is such a great count on the AF days and Dilayne, you are doing so wonderfully over in ABS.

I started with 2 weeks AF not having read the book at that point. Ran into some trouble trying to get the hang of this for about a month in there then got the whole routine down and broke the habit and feel great about that. The 30 days would make a huge difference to anyone I would think as it is habit breaking time!

xxxxxxxxoooooooooo, Moi

Comment

Laura dear, you and I were posting at the same time. You are correct in saying it is advisable and you need to do what is right for you. I think however you break the habit is so individual. Truth be told, I don't know where I was but I sure didn't do 30 days and didn't even realized it was suggested until I read the book, 6 weeks into the program.

That's the cool thing about MWO - it works on an individual basis!

Hugs and Love,
                        Mary

Comment

Believe it or not, I am not trying to cause trouble, although I seem to do it on a regular basis!

Fan, I agree with you. We all have are own rating system for a good or bad day. Like Lush told me, we need to think of the postive things we have done and not dwell on the negative. I see others out here that seem sad or unhappy because they are not getting as many af days as they thought they should and I want to respond I thought this was all about moderating and not about being AF.

Moderation and Abs are very different and what moderation is varies from person to person. We have a great Abs group that has lots of experience and skills to help with abs. Moderation is it's own beastie.

Laura
                          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Big DITTO, to both MKR & Fan... This is a VERY individual program,... hence the name..."MWO". I'm satisfied with the 18 days I did ... untill I go back & for more... .

In the meantime, "If it's not broke... don't try & fix it"

Hope everyones having a good weekend.

Gypsi & SM Mary, thinking of you & yours...:h , peace & prayers...

:l , Judie
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

hmmm..I hope I didn't sound preachy or offensive with what I shared about mods...the reason why I'm doing the MWO is because I believe so much in the individual aspects of the program. I was just stating my opinion and my agreement of what i understood to be what Roberta said in her book in her recommendation for the 30 days. When I read the book and when into the program, I interpreted it as being highly recommended as is doing the program completely..i also understood that given the recommendations, modifications are necessary and encouraged to what suits you personally...I've tried both ways and am just sharing my experience..I would say the same thing if I were still in moderation. Apologies for having a differing opinion here, but I did think this was a safe place to express them. And, certainly, apologies for any offenses.

Backing out feeling a bit shunned...

Comment

Working...
                              X