Pray for Leroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray for Leroy

The preacher said, "Anyone with 'special needs' who wants to be prayed over, please come forward to the front by the altar."
    With that, Leroy got in line, and when it was his turn, the preacher asked, "Leroy, what do you want me to pray about for you?"

Leroy replied, "Preacher, I need you to pray for help with my hearing." The preacher put one finger of one hand in Leroy's ear, placed his other hand on top of Leroy's head, and then prayed and prayed and prayed. He prayed a "blue streak" for Leroy, and the whole congregation joined in with great enthusiasm.

After a few minutes, the preacher removed his hands, stood back and asked, "Leroy, how is your hearing now?"
    Leroy answered, "I don't know. It ain't 'til next week."
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Pray for Leroy

:H:H:H:H:H
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Pray for Leroy

comedy of errors :H:H:H

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Pray for Leroy

LMAO!!!
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Pray for Leroy

:H:H:H:H Poor preacher!

Comment

Pray for Leroy

You're HEALED, brother!! :H
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Pray for Leroy

I would expect this type of talk from Rubywillow but from you.... You should know better.

As a person of color I find this very offensive.

Comment

Pray for Leroy

spin_mckinn;903173 wrote: I would expect this type of talk from Rubywillow but from you.... You should know better.

???

Please enlighten me. I didn't get any racial connotations in that one. And allthough a christian must say found this quite funny. Harmless.
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Pray for Leroy

spin_mckinn;903173 wrote: I would expect this type of talk from Rubywillow but from you.... You should know better.

Oh wind yer neck in....which feckin coward are you come back as a newbie????

FREAK.
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Pray for Leroy

one2many;903202 wrote: Oh wind yer neck in....which feckin coward are you come back as a newbie????

FREAK.
                    :biglaughmonkey: that comment is funnier than the original joke.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Pray for Leroy

one2many;903202 wrote: Oh wind yer neck in....which feckin coward are you come back as a newbie????

FREAK.
                      Bravo Oney.!!! You funny. :H

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Pray for Leroy

:applaud: Oney.
                        good thing the rest of the world has a sense of humour.

Comment

Pray for Leroy

Thank you all. No WAY does color mean anything to me. I love all of you. I NEVER saw color in an desegregrated South. And YES, I wonder too, who that is????
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                          X