IT'S SO SIMPLE IT JUST MIGHT WORK !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new:Am I crazy to believe that just by tracking and chatting with like-minded people I may be able to stick to sharing a bottle of wine with my hubby 3 or 4 nights a week. That is my goal and as it is we split a bottle 6 days a week with a few extra drinks thrown in occasionally. The reason I am taking this little habit seriously is that as you all know, alcohol is a progressive disease and self-awareness is the beginning of any change, large or small that should be made.

I have to admit that I have tried abstinence with no success longer than a few days but my drinking is not out of control (oxymoron) and I never wake up with a hangover and have no side effects except waking up in the middle of the night feeling dry.

I still feel that by leaving things as they are and we DO enjoy our life, I am missing an opportunity to slow down what will inevitably be a progressive drinking habit. So the question is: am I being realistic? I hope so.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

sounds so familiar

Tippy~
    OMG Girl I have wished this so many times. I ENJOY my wine, I look forward to to it after a day at work. I feel I DESERVE it......after all everyone on TV has a glass of wine in their hand right??

I don't know the answer......I am on Day 3 AF~ feel so good!

Comment

The most I have gotten is 4 days. Be V E R Y diligent, Franz. I feel good when Hubby and I split a 1/2 litre (half bottle or so) and think I can mod. I REALLY WANT to MOD. Keep up the good work. Got a chicken in the oven. Smells good. I bought some peligrino water and expensive organic cherry juice for camping with my adult daughter and her boyfriend this weekend. The kids don't need to see their mother sloshing back the drinks. She doesn't really drink. She's Asian and can't handle alcohol. Lucky her.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Franzieasgone...you sound so much like me!!
        I see your post dates back to the end of June...how is it going??

Comment

I hear that alot around here HEART......LOL I don't know if that's good or bad!:H
          I am doing okay with "moderating" although I'm not sure I am truly moderating. I have cut back dramatically on my wine intake......much more aware of it being a problem.
          It's hard to just quit when other issues are in the way ~ hubby being unemployed and such.
          I see you are a new member~ :welcome:
          Let us know about yourself!

Comment

You know me, I am on the road trip.. Moderate Road Trip across Route 66. How is it going with hubby's job situation and all you are going through. I felt I had met a kindred spirit when we were chatting before I left. I have not been drinking much as we keep forgetting to buy wine. What does that tell me. I guess for some reason i am taking a bit of an untintentional break from daily wine consumption. We had one beer each with supper. We're in Colorado and for some reason the altitude has turned me into a boring dud. All I want to do is sleep. What a beautiful country you live in Franz..
            I posted some photos on facebook. you can see them if you want. just private message me and i'll give you my real name. I don't worry about privacy issues too much. But that's my nature; not neccessarily yours.

Take care.

Tip
            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
            X