mod squad oh my! july!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mod squad oh my! july!

thought i'd start this thread on a positive note...i did an AF day yesterday, June 30. first in 2 weeks!
    couldn't log it in the drink tracker cause i didn't log it yesterday and you can't go back to the previous month!

so, just thought i'd log it here

hope july is kickass for all of you

mod squad oh my! july!

Good for you, Letgo! I'm finding that the small psychological victories are the ones winning the war.

I've had a change of plans for Canada's birthday - it's AF today, toasting with sparkly water. It just seems like the symbolism and the optics are better this way.

Happy (and moderate) Canada Day, all.
    "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

well, glad you could get an AF day in on Canada Day.
      i have not had the same scenario for our 4th of July weekend -
      i drank more than i should, but way less then all the folks i've been hanging out with this weekend!

i had 3 and half drinks friday night - then Saturday AND Sunday , we had DAY drinks - for me it was 2 beers while at the pool in the early afternoon. then 2 glasses of wine at night.
      so it was spread out over a long period of time, but i'm still feeling guilty about it.

what is up with the guilt? no one else around here seems to feel guilty for enjoying a holiday weekend....

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Hey gang,

Cute title for July's thread LetGo.

I've been busy with school and vacation so posting here is on the downlow but still interested in seeing how my MWO buddies are doing.

Here's to a successful July!
        Hugs,
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Well, folks, the moderator-bashing continues. The relevant threads, in order, are:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ber-43786.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ere-43832.html

I really don't know what to do now. I liked coming here, and I got so much for my fellow mods. I think of you as friends. I don't know how I can post honestly here anymore with so much judgment and dislike evident towards us. Ironic? Wow. It seems likes it's My Way (or the Highway) Out. Or perhaps My Way (is Far Far Better and Nobler than Your Way) Out. What did the mods do to deserve this? We stayed in our own corner, commented little or at all on anything going on outside, never posted drunk. never did "drama"...

Like I say, I don't know what to do next. Judging by how quiet it's been around here, I'm thinking maybe some of you are feeling the same way.

Take care, everyone. :l

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Canadiangirl,
            I've been out of the loop with homework so haven't been able to come here to support my friends.

Everyone can take things so differently and sometimes too personally on these online sites. Don't get discouraged.

The only time I ever got bothered was when an AFer would come to our mod site and nitpick everything we were posting because she didn't believe anyone could truly moderate. There would be big arguments between her and a moderator who felt very successful with their moderating lifestyle and it got to be very negative. This mod board should be our safe site so if someone is coming here and posting and putting modders down then that is wrong.

I did read the "What is sober?" site and I felt it was an honest question by someone who sounds like they're trying to go AF and get discouraged when they struggle so hard to maintain sobriety and then someone else comes along stating they drank on Friday night (as an example) but consider themselves sober. I didn't see the post as any kind of attack against moderators but just an honest question by someone struggling to go AF and wanting things to be fair in the AF world of what that definition is.

Keep coming here CG. We love you here on the mod squad. I need to try to come around more often because I miss everyone.

Take care. PM me if you need to vent.
            Hugs,
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Actually, it wasn't Road's original comment that got me. He and I have spoken on many occasions, and he knows that I "get" what he was saying. There were a few gratuitous jabs at mods after that, not much. Then the other gentleman started the other thread, there were more jabs, and I thought "okay, it's not just me" and I added my $0.02. Should've let it go, for sure. I was a bit surprised by the "if you don't like it, then leave" approach. It's not my idea of inclusivity, but it might be good advice...

Anyway, I'm sorry to anyone here if it looked like I was speaking for the modders in general. It was just for me. Take care all. And yes, I know my place now. Right here.

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

CanadianGirl,
                I hope you stick around, I enjoy your company. I believe when people say these things, they are projecting themselves on others. When they say things like "moderation doesn't work" they include us in the conversation because they really can't moderate, and it is easier if they believe no one can. Just keep out of the conversation. At times this dialog appears on the mods thread, and I do feel really irritated, but I'm getting better at ignoring, and it hasn't happened in awhile.

I will pm you so we can get together on our garden date. I'm hoping the weather is ready to cool off just a bit.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

canadiangirl, just put the negative peeps on "ignore". There's so much nastiness around here lately, I resorted to that. It saves you a lot of aggravation.

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

hello peeps, just popping my beak in here. hope youre all well. i just want to say i have probably been guilty of saying things about moderation. purely with the intention of helping people that are struggling. i tend to hop about the threads and may accidentally have replied in the mods section. i cant speak for anyone else but i have nothing but great respect for you modders. i would love to be able to do it but cant, maybe in the future but im not holding out much hope for myself. you never know, maybe one day ill find myself fluffing my ducky feathers here with you guys. well done to you all
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Hi fennel - how nice of you to come all the way over here with your encouraging post! Thank you. BTW, when I check in on the Nest, I alway enjoy your posts. You are one funny squirrel.

Hi spuddle - Nice to see you too. Your posts have always seemed fair and honourable to me. I hope you notice that I put on my best Easter bonnet for you. At Eastertime. It's getting very hot and sticky in here...

I think it's important to keep in mind that modders are real people, with goals and plans and accountability and a support network, too. I sigh in frustration when people sign on to the forum, jump in here and say "Wow, sounds like a great idea", get stinking drunk and then post elsewhere that modding doesn't work. Then, as likely as not, they aren't heard from again at all. It really does give an inaccurate picture of what modding over weeks, months, and years looks like. And I don't pretend to be "there" yet - I look up to people like Eve and Sunbeam as being true, long-term modders. It takes some work. Plus, even if all modding ever really does is get people here for long enough to know that they can't do it, at least by then they are part of a community that can help them with abstinence, and that's of value, too.

:l

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Eve and Sunbeam - well, I will certainly stick to my low profile in the future. And I will keep in mind that some people just cannot deal with any talk of drinking at all - even on a website designed in part to help people learn to moderate. *shrug* Tolerance does not have to mean acceptance...

Thanks for your companionship over the last six months or so, ladies. I hope for it to continue.
                        :thanks:

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

thanks canadian, i popped in here early on to ask about modding and got a good response. most people said to try and get some AF time under my belt which i did, and realized that unfortunately modding wasnt for me at the moment. i drank after almost 3 months sober and sadly the 'just one' turned in to too many... just as it always had. i guess im just one of those people. im actually enjoying my sober life.i hope you guys dont stay away because of any unhelpful posts. as you say, you also need your support network and its inspiring for other potential modders
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

canadiangirl;918030 wrote: Well, folks, the moderator-bashing continues. The relevant threads, in order, are:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ber-43786.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ere-43832.html

I really don't know what to do now. I liked coming here, and I got so much for my fellow mods. I think of you as friends. I don't know how I can post honestly here anymore with so much judgment and dislike evident towards us. Ironic? Wow. It seems likes it's My Way (or the Highway) Out. Or perhaps My Way (is Far Far Better and Nobler than Your Way) Out. What did the mods do to deserve this? We stayed in our own corner, commented little or at all on anything going on outside, never posted drunk. never did "drama"...

Like I say, I don't know what to do next. Judging by how quiet it's been around here, I'm thinking maybe some of you are feeling the same way.

Take care, everyone. :l

Hello everyone.
                            I just now read this thread and to be completely honest, I think it is the first time that I have read a thread in the Mods part.
                            Personally I take my hat off to any and all of you who moderate successfully. I think it takes a lot of strength to keep it to a couple of beer during the day and a couple of glasses of wine at night or just some wine with dinner. I could never do that. I cannot drink just one or two - I always go for over the limit. So AF is the only way for me to kick my problem with AL. But I just wanted to say that I think it's fabulous that you can moderate. Good for all of you. And IMHO anyone who posts anything against modding is not showing respect for those of you who have chosen that path. This is an open forum. We are all here because we had or have a problem with AL. And how we chose to deal with that problem is a right that each of us have and should be respected. I recently read a post here that said that Roberta Jewell started her search for all the tools to help in beating her addiction with the idea of moderation in mind. I have just re-read "My Story" and this is an copy and paste from it.....Alcoholics Anonymous may have seemed the obvious route, but it was out of the question for me, as reputable a program I understood it to be. I didn't want to quit drinking entirely-I just wanted to gain control over it.

So maybe those who were "judging" you for moderating could check out the history of Roberta Jewell and MWO to get a better idea of how and why this forum was started. And from what I understand, even after starting MWO and making available the MWO book and all the CD's and supplements, that she continued to moderate.
                            That's all. Just wanted to add my support to "The Mod Squad".
                            :goodjob: Stirly
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

mod squad oh my! july!

Hi everyone - on the latest topic I just wanted to say that I've never really taken offense to anyone's comments about abstinence - I take those comments for what they are (i think) meant to convey - that abstinence is truly the only way for many people. I truly think that people who feel that way don't have a problem with modding per se, nor with people who mod. But they might be frustrated because they know it won't work for everyone though and so maybe they feel like it's something to be discouraged.

I hope all modders or attempting to mod are doing well! Things are going OK here - right after I got got back from vacatino I had a mini-vacation but did much better on that and since I got home I have been back on track, and happy to report that!
                              Keep in touch everyone!!

Frances

Comment

Working...
                              X