Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Oct. 29

Good morning Absville,

I hope everyone remembered to "fall back" one hour!
    The good news is if you forgot, you can do it now!

I really don't have anything profound to say this early.

Have a good day and hug someone you love!

Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Sunday Oct. 29

Oh my! I did forget! Thanks for the reminder...my husband and I were just talking about that last night..not even thinking that the time my be right now! LOL

I'll be back in a bit.
    Dianne

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

Good Morning!

Hey everyone, nothing much to report here. It was great having an extra hour to sleep, but my body wouldn't quite let me do it, so I got an extra half hour!

I'm just enjoying the fall weather and getting things done at a reasonable pace around here. My sister and I put together a very nice cherry file cabinet yesterday and have another one to put together today. Eventually we will put together a desk and a hutch. I'm pretty proud, because they came out well.

Otherwise, things are pretty good around here. It's a nice Sunday morning, and I'm going with a friend to catch a movie this afternoon. Unfortunately, I'll be missing the Saints playing the Ravens this afternoon because of it. :boohoo: Oh well. I'll get a report from my sister.

Have a great day, all!!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

I for one REALLY appreciate "falling back" today between my 12 hour shifts. I still woke up at 0400, but felt very refreshed and alive. I made a batch of cookies to bring to work. It was extremely busy yesterday so I thought it would be nice to treat my coworkers. It sure felt good to be back with the babies. I missed that! Kathy, sounds like you have been very productive this weekend. Have fun at your movie! Take care everyone! Gina

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

Good Morning!

Nancy- what a nice thought...I'm going to hug my cats this morning. :h

I have to know.....what movie what movie???? What are you seeing today Kathy?? I think I may do that too- maybe go see Marie Antoinette. I have to see Running with Scissors (read the book and I love Augusten Burroughs - the writer) but I'm going next weekend with my friend who also read it - we have a girls night out. She is the one who thought she found 'the one'. Seems that is still going well...maybe he is the one.!

I know I haven't been here for awhile...sorting some things out...but pretty sure I'm back now. Thank you- for the support - it makes all the difference in the world.

So hello also to Gina and Dianne- glad you are here. Macks - you sound great- I think you are everyones dream of a little brother! I'm happy you are doing well.

Well, I'm off to buy a bathing suit....yep you heard that right, a bathing suit. Good thing about getting one at this time of year - Big Sales! I've decided I need to take advantage of the hot tub at my gym.
          And to Neil .....met with my trainer yesterday and it felt great! Actually it hurt like heck um, excuse me I'm not supposed to say hurt I'm supposed to say Burn! Well, it burned like heck. But I'm pretty set on doing this. I'm going to start meeting with her twice a week and she has oher stuff for me to do on the days I not with her. May as well try right?
          2007 is going to be my year....I'm just trying to start on it a little early.
          Love -
          Lisa

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

hi everyone ...i just wish small children understood they should get up an hour later...no such luck. at least they will go to bed early tonight.

lisa - i haven't read the book, but i can't wait to see that movie.

well, have a good day everyone! i plan to get extra organized so this week will run smoothly. it's going to be one of the most stressful times i've been through in a while. i have my final (hopefully) court date on friday and my lawyer is completely MIA and i'm taking lots of supps. i'm throwing a big birthday party for all 3 of my kids on Sunday so there's alot on my plate. oh, and starting that new job. yikes. it's day 9 !

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

Hello Absville,

Yeah -- well, I like falling back, but the springing forward is not so great! Hmmm.... what's profound in that? There is a price to pay for everything? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction? Yes -- that's right.

Every time I took a drink it was like I was robbing from my future. Or robbing Peter to pay Paul. For me, it's one of those transactions that has no true benefit -- it's just a scam. Allen Carr calls it "the greatest confidence trick in the history of mankind." Oh, I could delude myself in a thousand different ways into thinking I was getting something real from it. I still could, at the drop of a hat. Why else am I counting sober days, staying on guard, visiting a discussion board, etc?

Because it is just that appealing when we let ourselves go down that "thought path" -- and that is a very well-worn path in my brain. It is so well-worn, in fact, that it's cut down into the earth and you can barely see over the sides of it. If I ever get on that path again, who knows if I'll ever find my way off it? The new path -- the more realistic one that tells me alcohol offers nothing but misery -- still has grass growing on it. I'm just barely getting started on it. My job now is to keep on that path and keep making it more and more comfortable for me, until it becomes the well-worn path, and the other one can become grown over with weeds and vines.

The confidence trick is all around us -- on TV, in the movies, in things said at parties and among friends and family (whether they know it or not). It's part of our culture. It's all a big lie: alcohol doesn't do anything for anyone. And least of all those of us who have found that our bodies can't tolerate the stuff. It's no wonder our bodies can't: it is toxic, after all. (That's why they call it intoxication
              , right?) My point is that we are part of the select few that know the secret of the trick. Most of the world, even the so-called "normal drinkers," have fallen for the trick. They think alcohol does something for them. They pay good money for something toxic, let it dehydrate them, let it make them do stupid things, let it give them hangovers, and let this happen time and time again. Even the "normal drinkers" are being duped. Those that experience anything worse than the occasional hangover are being worse than duped. It's like the little old lady who is conned into giving all her money to some TV evangelist who has a yacht and 5 mansions.

OK then. How did I get started on all that? Oh right. The end of daylight savings time. LOL. Have a great day, all.

Mike
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

Mike- thanks, I needed to hear that.

Lisa

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

Hiya all,
                  Just checking in for today...I love how Americans use fall instead of our Autumn...It just sounds more romantic....But i am enjoying the change in season aswell...I went fishing this morning, and one of the great things about fishing is seeing the change of seasons in detail...Like i said before i live by a lake...and i always fish in the same spot...but it never looks the same...especially this time of year..

Everyone sounds in fine fettle today...and i'm feeling good..

i think i sussed out what i did different last night....I think i was too busy counting my blessings....Dylan had a great day...I think i just got a natural high.

Take care all.....Macks:l
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

You'd think I'd been drinking, cause I'm darned if I can remember the title of the movie!! It was French, with subtitles, and digitally remastered from the 60's about WWII and the French Resistance. Very good, but 2 1/2 hours long! It opened in the completely renovated Majestic Theatre in Gettysburg, PA, (originally built in the 1920's) so my friend and I had to travel a bit to see it. Gettysburg is quite charming. I'd never been to the town before. We passed through the battlefields, and it was quite haunting. The theatre WAS majestic! It was a lovely day, and it was great to get out and do something a little different for a change. My friend and I also enjoyed exploring her property in the mountains and her lovely cabin home, so I got home later than I expected. It was a lot of fun.

Sounds like everyone is doing well today, either on track or getting back on track!

Love to all!
                    Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday Oct. 29

Hi everyone,

It's been a beautiful day here. The leaves are just starting to turn.
                      We had a nice visit with our son and his new wife. Young love is so grand! They brought the wedding pictures and I just had a sit down love fest looking at my family having a wonderful time.

Me too Lisa.........I want to know what movie Kathy went to see! I want to see "One Night With the King"...
                      I had my hubby talked into going Friday but it wasn't on in the town near us!

Freckles....congrats on 9 days!

Gina........I love babies! My son-in-law says that birthing them is the only part of being OBGYN that he likes!

Macks.........time with the kids........priceless!

I agree with Mike. Drinking has no benefits!
                      Not drinking has plenty.

It sounds like we will have some new "neighbors" this week! Welcome to them! I look forward to getting to know them.

Any takers on the mayor race? It's really not a hard job and fun to interact with all of you.
                      I do have to post the night before because I'm not a morning person. My brain doesn't wake up with the rest of me!:H

Good night Absville....... Sleep well!
                      Nancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                      X