Mayor Volunteers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayor Volunteers?

OK we are fresh out of mayors here in Absville!

Many thanks to Nancy for getting things started the last couple of days. :thanks:

Being mayor does not require a lot of work. Some people have the time to devote to it, to checking in throughout the day, etc. but that is not really necessary. Here is the minimum job description:
    "The Mayor will start a new thread each day, titled with the day and date, and will post a few words to get the discussion started. It is helpful, but not necessary, for the post to suggest a topic of the day that is related to our struggles with alcohol or our efforts to remain abstinent. The post should be started sometime by 8 AM Eastern Standard Time if possible."

Is there anyone willing to do this for the next few days?

If not -- it will just be out there for anyone to jump in. If you check the board and don't see a thread started, please start one. I think one of the reasons Absville works so well is because we got somewhat organized over time. We have a daily thread. It provides some structure: everyone knows there will be at least one thread and daily discussion and sometimes more in the Montly Abs forum.

It really isn't that much work, especially if you take it for just a few days. I found that I could usually post the next day's thread the night before. Anyway, take a shot at it if you are curious! I know there are some good mayors-in-waiting out there.

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Mayor Volunteers?

Come On Folks!

Hey All!

Step on up to the plate!! It's a great way to be involved! Just take on a few days and see how you like it.

Hugs,

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Getting involved..

I might give that a try.

Any contenders?

Helen

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Hey Helen,

Give it a try!
        :thanks:
        Nancy:l
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

okay

So - What time is "8 AM Eastern Standard Time" in Ontario?

Sorry - no head for that kind of stuff.

Helen

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Either 8am or 7am. LOL!

Try posting it the night before, Helen. It makes life easier!
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

I am ok without a mayor- but if Helen volunteers, I am all for it.

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Hi everyone

Our clocks have changed here... and as you know, we will all just be getting used to it, and they will change again !!!! Durrrr ! We are all jet lagged by the time change !!! So yes, Helen would be great.

just had whipper-snappers knocking on the door Trick or Treating... Lee has leapt out of his bath to defend his mini Snickers, Yorkies, Boost bars and various other delights including Haribo Sweeties !!!! Hee hee.

I DO have a creamy choux bun here though in case anyone wants to play a trick on us (Snort ).

Do you have Bob apple in America? or 'tie an apple on a string and hang it from the bannister' ?

well - Liverpool are playing Bourdeaux now in football so - I am obliged to watch... But we are SO going to win ... imagining the opposition running round with glasses of red wine ... yuk !!!!

See, although sober - still thinking of ' my (not) mate' ....

speak soon

Love to you all,
                Liz
                xx

( p.s Hi to Nanc and Gabblington whom I ommited on my last msg ) xxx

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Helen - are you in Ontario?? Did I know that??? Its 8am EST.
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Liz....glad to have you back - you sound great.
                    Never heard of Bob apple ...but we do have Bobbing for Apples...we get a big tub, fill it with water and add in lots of apples- Then the idea is to clasp your hands behind your back and then try to get an apple by sticking in your head and grabbing it with your teeth. Tried it one time...got one apple and a very wet head!

Lisa

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

EST

Well, suck me dry and call me dusty!

Thanks, Jenneh.

Some things just escape me and time zones are one of them.

Yup guilty as charged. You're in Canada too, eh? Ain't it grand?

PS. I have since had to give up the post as mayor - sorry gang. But I just can't give it the everyday attention it needs.

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Hi Lisa .. It's nice to be back. Hope you are doing ok Chicks X

Yes Bob apple is the same as Boobbing for apples... You try to delicately get pieces of apple out of a tub of water trying desperately not to get your face wet, then someone ( usually brother or dad ) would duck your whole head under - for a laugh .... oh - how I laughed ( not ) ...

Hope everyone survived the ghouls last night. saw Macks pic on another thread, of the ghoulish characters sitting aroung his living room ... honestly - the company he keeps !!!!

Oh and since this is my first message of the month - White Rabbits, and a pinch and a punch ( for the first of the month )

Speak later.

Lots of love
                        Liz

xxxxx

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Oh yeah i forgot...White rabbits...

You think thats bad Liz you should see em with the masks off....

A quick tip for bob the apple.....Do it in the kitchen sink....New carpets dont like it.
                          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

Only another 364 days left Macks to put your theory to the test !!!! hee hee X

Comment

Mayor Volunteers?

I would love to help with mayor thing, but I'm going to be gone more than here for a while.

Good luck elections - watch out for chads. :H

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X